Sign in to follow this  
Berner

Fair Trade?

For curiosity purposes only, opinions are solicited on the fairness of the following trade that occurred in week 11 in my league:

Player A gets: A. Johnson

Player B gets: F. Gore and J. Snelling

Additional facts that may or may not be relevant:

Trade happens after M. Turner's injury, so J. Snelling is the starting RB at the time of the trade.

Player A is in 5th place of an 8-man league, but is seriously in the hunt for a playoff bid.

Player B is in 8th place of an 8-man league, and would probably need to win out to make the playoffs. Not likely to happen.

Money is awarded for weekly high score, so even players not in the running for the playoffs have an incentive to field the best team possible.

Player A is not starting either F. Gore or J. Snelling (who was just acquired on waivers) because Player A has A. Peterson and R. Rice.

Player A legitimately needs WR help.

Player B is using A. Johnson every week, but is deep with WR talent. Post-trade, Player's B's three best remaining WRs would be R. Moss, M. Austin, and H. Ward.

Player B legitimately needs RB help. His starters are L. Maroney and J. Stewart.

The week before the trade, Player B lost R. Brown for the season and C. Benson for an unknown amount of time (turned out to be two weeks).

After the trade, Player A won four straight games and finished #1 in the standings. Player B finished 1-3 and remained in last place.

I've tried to present the facts objectively, and I welcome any and all honest opinions.

It happened 4 weeks ago, who gives a ######.

You obviously haven't been playing FF long. In a friendly but competitive league, people have very long memories. :dunno:

For curiosity purposes only, opinions are solicited on the fairness of the following trade that occurred in week 11 in my league:

Player A gets: A. Johnson

Player B gets: F. Gore and J. Snelling

Additional facts that may or may not be relevant:

Player A legitimately needs WR help.

Player B legitimately needs RB help. His starters are L. Maroney and J. Stewart.

I only looked at the two facts above. THESE should be the ONLY facts you look at as well.

All those other things (well, then this happened ... followed by this 3 weeks later) IS CRAP.

A needed WR and was loaded in RBs.

B needed RB and was loaded in WRs.

So to me the trade is FREAKING AWESOME for both teams ... and the reason why teams trade.

There is absolutely no collusion here .... move along now.

This post is borderline idiotic. Why would ANYONE even question this trade??????

And why NOW?

I'd be interested to know your MOTIVE behind the posted question, though. I smell some sour grapes somewhere.