Sign in to follow this  
JazzyJeff30

Draft Day Quickly Approaching

12 team 5 man keeper league. Standard scoring NO PPR. 6 pts all Tds.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF

Here are my keepers.

Brees, Felix Jones, Brandon Marshall, Steve Smith (Giants), Johnny Knox

I have the 6th pick and there isnt going to be much to choose from at all. I know I should go RB but here are the top RBs left after Keepers.

AP, Jackson, Matthews, Gore, Grant, Thomas, Addai, Forte, Forsett, Best

Like i said not much to choose from and im sure pretty sure all the picks ahead of me are going to take RB because of their rosters.

Should I go like Andre Johnson or Moss or Wayne or Fitz. Maybe even grab Brady or Manning here to trade for a RB.

My thinking is if i take someone like Pierre or Forte or Addai. I could probably still grab someone comparable in round 2 maybe with

more upside. So why waste that first pick on a guy like that.

Give me your thoughts!

Leave a link i will reply!

Jeff

How exactly do your keeper rules work? It looks like you can't keep anyone taken in the first few rounds, perhaps? Or maybe contracts run out after a given number of years? Can't see any other reason for all those elite players to be available.

Depending on how things shake out, I'd be surprised if Peterson, Gore, Moss, or AJ made it to you. You might have a shot at Steven Jackson if people go for QBs. If Moss or AJ are there, I'd rather have one of them and then get another RB 10 picks later. If the draft doesn't shake out the way you want, I've got to think that top receivers would be excellent trade assets. If you do go RB and find that Peterson, Gore, and Jackson are all gone, give Ryan Grant a solid look. Pierre Thomas also might be worth considering given today's news about Lynell Hamilton being out for the year.