Sign in to follow this  
kodabear

Sleeper draft choices

Fantasy Football League: Drafting Sleepers for the 2010 Season

Aug 13, 2010 Anthony Dayton

Every year millions of fantasy football owners attempt to draft sleepers in the mid to late rounds. This year's live fantasy drafts will be no different.

Each year during the fantasy season there are a group of unheralded players who distinguish themselves as stars. Whether you are in private, public, or keeper leagues, finding these players late in the draft or on the waiver wire is vital. How does one determine which little known player is going to break out and be a fantasy all star? The easiest way is to monitor each NFL team's training camp by accessing information from message boards and media outlets such as The Sporting News, CNNSI, and ESPN. Another way would be to read fantasy football articles such as this one. Below are a few players that are poised to have breakout seasons.

http://fantasyfootball.suite101.com/article.cfm/fantasy-football-league-drafting-sleepers-for-the-2010-season

My link

Read more at Suite101: Fantasy Football League: Drafting Sleepers for the 2010 Season http://fantasyfootball.suite101.com/article.cfm/fantasy-football-league-drafting-sleepers-for-the-2010-season#ixzz0we7QlMUs

Sorry, I am new here - thought I could post a link if I copied/pasted the first paragraph.

Kevin Kolb will make some fantasy owner happy - Walter G. Arce

Every year millions of fantasy football owners attempt to draft sleepers in the mid to late rounds. This year's live fantasy drafts will be no different.

Each year during the fantasy season there are a group of unheralded players who distinguish themselves as stars. Whether you are in private, public, or keeper leagues, finding these players late in the draft or on the waiver wire is vital. How does one determine which little known player is going to break out and be a fantasy all star? The easiest way is to monitor each NFL team's training camp by accessing information from message boards and media outlets such as The Sporting News, CNNSI, and ESPN. Another way would be to read fantasy football articles such as this one. Below are a few players that are poised to have breakout seasons.

Michael Crabtree, Wide Receiver, San Francisco 49ers

Who knows what kind of statistics Crabtree would have put up had he not missed all of training camp and the first five games of the season. Crabtree still managed to gain over 600 yards and a pair of touchdowns - not staggering numbers, but not bad for someone who missed all that time. This year with a full training camp under his belt, he could put up Pro Bowl numbers. Even though Crabtree could have the kind of season that wins championships, owners in most leagues will likely draft him in the middle rounds.

Louis Murphy, Wide Receiver, Oakland Raiders

While fellow wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey was the Raiders' first round choice last season, it was Murphy who proved to be the top young receiver as he posted 34 receptions for over 500 yards and 4 touchdowns. Look for those stats to at least double this year as the Raiders dumped the disappointing JaMarcus Russell and added Jason Campbell. Despite Murphy's huge upside, he will at best be chosen in the late rounds in most leagues.

Hakeem Nicks, Wide Receiver, New York Giants

Last year the Giants had a breakout player at the wide receiver position in Steve Smith. However, Nicks is more talented than Smith and has the potential to be one of the top receivers in all of football. Then why is he not getting any love in fantasy leagues? The answer is simple - Like Murphy and Crabtree, this is only in his second year in the league. Look for Nicks to have a huge year. He should surpass1,000 yards and produce double digit touchdowns. However, in most leagues he will go somewhere in the middle rounds, while many will foolishly choose Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens ahead of Nicks.

Beanie Wells, Running Back, Arizona Cardinals

Beanie Wells had a productive rookie year with the Cardinals last season, but would have posted better numbers if he did not have to split carries with Tim Hightower. Look for Wells to continue splitting carries early on but by the third game he should getting around 20 carries a contest. Wells, with his combination of size and speed, should end up with double digit touchdowns and at least 1,200 yards. The only concern with Beanie is his health as he appears to have suffered a nagging rib injury in training camp. In most drafts Wells will go between rounds five and eight.

LeSean McCoy, Running Back, Philadelphia Eagles

With Micheal Westbrook no longer on the roster, the starting running back position now belongs to McCoy. McCoy filled in admirably when Westbrook went down with an injury last season as he nearly had 1,000 all purpose yards and reached the end zone four times. This year McCoy should easily double his touchdown and yardage production. Look for McCoy to be drafted somewhere in the fourth or fifth rounds.

Kevin Kolb, Quarterback, Philadelphia Eagles

Kevin Kolb, much like Aaron Rogers in Green Bay, has waited patiently for his chance to become a starting quarterback in the NFL. With Donovan McNabb now in Washington, Kolb gets his chance. In his lone two starts last season, Kolb became the first quarterback in NFL history to pass for over 300 yards in his first two starts. Kolb also has plenty of talent around him as DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin are talented young receivers, while Brent Celek is developing into one of the better tight ends in the league. Kolb will probably be a late round pick in most leagues.

Chad Henne, Quarterback, Miami Dolphins

Henne was a member of the 2008 NFL draft that produced fellow quarterbacks Joe Facco and Matt Ryan. While Henne has not had the early success of his counterparts, he is poised to have a breakout season; especially since the Dolphins acquired Brandon Marshsall in a trade with the Denver Broncos during the offseason. In fourteen games, Henne completed around 60% of his passes and 12 touchdowns. Look for Henne's touchdown production to increase to 20 - 25. Henne will probably not be drafted in most leagues; however, look for him to get added to a team early when the likes of Vince Young, Carson Palmer, and Jay Cutler prove once again to be overrated fantasy quarterbacks.

Visanthe Shiancoe, Tight End, Minnesota Vikings.

Shiancoe had 11 touchdowns last season, second most among tight ends. With Brett Favre likely to return, Shiancoe should put up similar numbers since he is a red zone nightmare. However, the knock on Shiancoe is that he does not put up the yardage of many of the top tight ends; therefore, many fantasy owners will undervalue the talented Viking. As a result, a player such as Jason Witten and his two touchdowns in 2009 will get drafted two or three rounds higher than Shiancoe.

You didnt list a single sleeper outside of Murphy.

Crabtree is going in the 3rd rounds of PPR leagues, while Kolb is going in rounds 5-7. The next time you seek some free advertising you might as well actually write a worthwhile article, with some original thoughts.

You didnt list a single sleeper outside of Murphy.

Crabtree is going in the 3rd rounds of PPR leagues, while Kolb is going in rounds 5-7. The next time you seek some free advertising you might as well actually write a worthwhile article, with some original thoughts.

All the players I listed went in the fifth or lower of the drafts I was a part of. I actually grabbed Crabtree in round seven of one of the drafts and Henne was not even drafted in most. I will admit, I did reach for Kolb in rd 4. Crabtree going in the top three - PUH-LEAZE!

All the players I listed went in the fifth or lower of the drafts I was a part of. I actually grabbed Crabtree in round seven of one of the drafts and Henne was not even drafted in most. I will admit, I did reach for Kolb in rd 4. Crabtree going in the top three - PUH-LEAZE!

In the IBL league, which is a league of 8 separate drafts, where everyone knows what they are doing, Crabtree made it to to the 4th round 1 time( @ 4.02), he was drafted at 3.04 in 3 of the drafts.

Crabtree might fall to the 7th round in free leagues, but in money leagues he is long gone by then.

:edit:

Even in early May Crabtree was being drafted early in the 4th round.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=364012

Also, i am not picking on crabtree, none of your guys are sleepers, it is not out of the question for Hakeem Nicks to go late 3rd/early 4th in PPR leagues that start 3 WR's.