Sign in to follow this  
Confo

Sacks taken as a QB stat?

When, if ever, will this be incorporated? My league uses this, and it can mean a difference I think, if the o-line is weaker between two choices.

Hi Confo. Honestly, there hasn't been a lot of clamoring for this stat added to our projections, which is why it hasn't been done to this point. I kind of like the stat myself though, as it is in combination a team strength/weakness and also on the QB a lot of the time too.

It sounds like a good candidate to put in a custom fields on the QB tab in the Compiler. After that you can adjust the scoring for that custom field so it is reflected in the cheatsheets. The work part is actually doing the projections for sacks against though. Do you want to do that? Just use prior year stats (or at least as a starting point)?

Let me know and I can give you a little more guidance on how to get it done.

The best I think I can do is use last year's stats, with a little tweaking. I'm not sure I'll be able to actually meaningfully evaluate the o-lines for projections.

Okay, here is what to do get the prior year stats:

1. Download Projection Pal. It is avaiable from the same page you downloaded the Compiler from.

2. On the QB Raw tab, copy this inside the grey section:

Aaron Rodgers,50
Ben Roethlisberger,50
Jason Campbell,43
Matt Cassel,42
David Garrard,42
Joe Flacco,36
Jay Cutler,35
Donovan McNabb,35
Brett Favre,34
Tony Romo,34
JaMarcus Russell,33
Matt Hasselbeck,32
Eli Manning,30
Kyle Orton,29
Chad Henne,26
Carson Palmer,26
Mark Sanchez,26
Philip Rivers,25
Matt Schaub,25
Matthew Stafford,24
Kurt Warner,24
Jake Delhomme,23
Alex Smith (QB),22
Ryan Fitzpatrick,21
Drew Brees,20
Josh Freeman,20
Brady Quinn,19
Matt Ryan,19
Tom Brady,16
Marc Bulger,14
Peyton Manning,10
Vince Young,9

3. Highlight this data, and choose Data > Text to Columns > Delimited and check comma. It should split it into two columns at the comma

4. In the yellow headers across the top change the one above the player names to FirstName LastName and the one above the stat totals to Custom 1. All the rest should be marked "Other"

5. At the top set the first and last row of the players, and uncheck all things to import except Custom 1.

6. Go to the setup tab and make sure you have the right name for your Compiler file. Might have to change it from "_2010_1.1.xls" to "_2010_1.2.xls"

7. Go back to the QB Raw tab and hit Copy to Compiler

Now you have last year's sacks against stats in the Compiler. You can go through these and edit them as you see fit. Guys who didn't play much last year will have none, but should, like Leinart and Matt Moore.

Then adjust the scoring on the scoring tab for QB for the Custom 1 field for sacks allowed in your league.