Sign in to follow this  
Jeepz

How to translate this into an auction draft?

So, I've had my snake draft (my family league) and my auction draft (my competitive league) is this Sunday. I'm looking at this trying to decide if there's anything to take away for my auction draft. Obviously I can see who people like more than others, but the constraint of draft order skews it a bit. So, any outright auction advice? Or anything you can apply to an auction while looking at these results?

i dont know how your auction works in terms of player nominations but when my turn came to nominate a player, i would always pick someone that i felt was hyped up that i really had no interest in but would take them if i got them cheap.

this way you dent someone elses salary with a player you had little interest in. and if it backfires and no one else bids, or you get caught trying to bid the price up, you are ok getting the player for a decent price.

as far as salary management, its entirely up to you. You can go for 3 big time guys and eat up most of your cap or you can let other people fight over the big names and you can load up on good, solid guys. Personally I would wait on a cheap QB and cheap TE as they are deep positions and you are less likely to be bid up once other owners have their starters.

a mock draft like this doesn't offer much in preparation for an auction league. I guess maybe you can see how players are valued but its a totally different feel.