Sign in to follow this  
ullloveit

Rate My Team Please

Hi All,

Just had my 1st draft and I think I did ok. Here are the rules:

It is a 12 team league where I picked 8th. PPR. You musy start 1 qb, 1rb, 1wr, 1te, 1k, 1d and 2 flex spots. The flex spots can either be RB's or Wrs. Also QB's get 4 pts for passing tds everything else is 6 pt tds. 1 pt for every 10 rush and rec and 1 pt for every 20 passing.

Qb Eli Manning(rd6) and Matthew Stafford (rd 12)

RB's Michael Turner (rd 1), Ryan Mathews (rd 2), Jonathan Stewart (rd 5), J Snelling (rd 14), Donald Brown (Rd 9), Kareem Huggins (Rd 15)

WR's Steve Smith Giants (Rd 3), Johnny Knox (rd 7), Eddie Royal (rd 8), and Mike Williams TB (rd11)

TE Jermichael Finley (rd 4) Heath Miller (rd 10)

Steelers D (rd 13)

Jay Feeley rd 16

Wr's and Qb's went real fast so I tooK BPA.

Do you think I have a shot.

Please leave a link and I will answer yours.

Hi All,

It is a 12 team league where I picked 8th. PPR. You musy start 1 qb, 1rb, 1wr, 1te, 1k, 1d and 2 flex spots. The flex spots can either be RB's or Wrs. Also QB's get 4 pts for passing tds everything else is 6 pt tds. 1 pt for every 10 rush and rec and 1 pt for every 20 passing.

RB's Michael Turner (rd 1), Ryan Mathews (rd 2), Jonathan Stewart (rd 5), J Snelling (rd 14), Donald Brown (Rd 9), Kareem Huggins (Rd 15)

WR's Steve Smith Giants (Rd 3), Johnny Knox (rd 7), Eddie Royal (rd 8), and Mike Williams TB (rd11)

Steelers D (rd 13)

Jay Feeley rd 16

Maybe a little thin at WR but maybe not with the upside of Royal and Knox, but I like your team as well. Hopefully for our sake Finley and Matthews will be monsters as advertised.

Maybe a little thin at WR but maybe not with the upside of Royal and Knox, but I like your team as well. Hopefully for our sake Finley and Matthews will be monsters as advertised.

Please leave a link and I will get to yours. Looking for some feedback.

Thanks,

I think you're thin at WR, but if Knox comes anywhere near his hype, you have solid pass catchers. I think of it this way - Finley is actually your WR2 :music_guitarred: making Knox a solid WR2b. You could even play HMiller as your TE with all your flex options. You need to hope Mathews will show up as advertised, and I think he will. I like the JStew and DBrown picks for very solid flex depth. Love LOVE Stafford as your QB2.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=367781

Thank you for answering mine. Some positions i think you really drafted well are, Kicker, Tight End, and Defense. Your Wide Receivers aren't the best,so if at all possible, try to improve them. Your Quarter Backs's i can live with. Eli is a little inconsistent (along with Stafford), but i think he'll be okay. I do think your Running backs are pretty good, though. I especially like Turner and Stewart.

Hi All,

Steelers D (rd 13)

Jay Feeley rd 16

little weak at wr...also i am not sure about your rbs .... i like mathews and turner but in ppr leagues i am not sure you couldnt of went with another in the 1st...after stewart questions with some upside..... not bad but not great....has some upside possible

Thin at WR but his league only requires he play 1 so not that big a loss.

Based on your list

1 QB - start Eli except when the matchup for stafford looks really good.

1 RB - Turner every week but the bye

1 WR - Steve Smith (NYG) - in ppr he will get consistent points (maybe not TDs, but targets)

1 TE - Finley gonna be huge this year

1 Flex - Matthews

2 Flex - Either Stewart or Brown based on matchups.

This squad is probably weakest at QB rather than WR when you figure he only has to start 1 WR. Knox and Williams will probably both be servicable (not by any means elite though). Wish I could say the same for how I think Eli/Stafford will fare.

Hey man!

Alright trade turner and Eli go after someone with better catches out of backfield! Like try and get McCoy or Forte: With a qb like schub or Brady? Also you could trade Stewart and like Knox or someone for say a Greg Jennings/Austin/Marshall?! Finley is a stud

All in all Eli is good

Turner is good but in ppt I rather have McCoy/forte or S.Jackson just for catches and all!

Stewart splits carries go after a better rb that will start! Maybe try and grab J. Best or Someone else like H.ward if that sounds good

Ok...

QB- trade up for schub romo or Brady

RB1- trade turner for a ppr guy like I said and try and us that to help u get Brady or like that

WR1-S. Smith (keeper)

Flex1-Ryan Matthews (keeper)

Flex2-go get a good Wr like Austin/Marshall /white

Trade stewert and Knox or combo with Eli also

If you could do all this this be an example of your starting squad

QB-T. Brady

RB-L. McCoy

WR-S. Smith

Flex1-R. Matthews

Flex2-B. Marshall

TE- Finley

Considering you drafted in the dreaded 8th spot, you did well.

I have won a ppr league once with a RB heavy team once. I think you have a shot.

One suggestion is to drop Kareem Huggins, who is a good deep sleeper but you could use another sleeper at WR instead. It increases the chances of making up the WR deficit you have.

Or

And this is an unconventional move. You could pick up another sleeper at Qb. I like your Qb's but both Qb's are prone to putting up horrible games, as well as having good ones. Adding another Qb, like Alex Smith, can give you more options to play the better match up.

good luck.

Considering you drafted in the dreaded 8th spot, you did well.

I have won a ppr league once with a RB heavy team once. I think you have a shot.

One suggestion is to drop Kareem Huggins, who is a good deep sleeper but you could use another sleeper at WR instead. It increases the chances of making up the WR deficit you have.

Or

And this is an unconventional move. You could pick up another sleeper at Qb. I like your Qb's but both Qb's are prone to putting up horrible games, as well as having good ones. Adding another Qb, like Alex Smith, can give you more options to play the better match up.

good luck.

This is pretty sensible. Look for someone like Eddie Royal, Lance Moore, hell even Early Doucet is on my waivers (just taking a stab at a few guys that might be there). They aren't glam, but they could help you in a pinch.