Sign in to follow this  
johnnyballer1

Week 1: Do i play Portis or Bush as 3rd rb and Philly D or New England D

Bush is playing the vikings in the first game of the season on national television. Portis is playing vs dallas. from what i figure bush will only get 5-10 touches all game while portis will get 20+ (i hope). bush has big play capabilities while portis will get more opportunity. so who do i start?

As for the defenses, i have phillys d playing at home vs the high powered green bay offense or new england d at home vs high powered cinncinati offense. at first it seems like a no brainer picking new englands d, but on my fantasy league they predict how many points each player will get in each week and they have phillys d getting over 10 points while new englands d getting 9. is there something im missing because the people who predict the points are professionals.

comments appreciated...

I wouldn't even consider Philly's D versus the Packers. That game could get ugly, fast. Take a chance on New England. The Eagles may have the better defense on paper when compared to the Patriots, but the Bengals offense isn't quite proven yet. They may still have some kinks to work out. It's more of a crapshoot than a definitive answer, but New England is who I'd start.

Portis is the starter. Bush is not. Unless this is PPR, I wouldn't consider Bush at all. With Portis, all that's guaranteed is the first half of the Season. Use him while you can.

Mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=369158

I would start Bush over Portis. Sean Payton is good at making sure his players get quality touches, and Reggie Bush always puts up numbers when healthy, the only concern with Bush is if he goes down with an injury.

Both of your defense options are terrible, there has to be something better on the WW.

The rams might be a sneaky play. DA is a turnover machine, and Hightower is not a starter quality RB. Arizona has pretty much no shot at running up the score on the rams.