Sign in to follow this  
bigd2262

SJax vs Turner

Drafting #8 in 1 hour in 12-team 1/2 pt PPR league, 6 pts for all TDs.

Its not out of the question given some of the other owners in this league, but I highly doubt I'll be fortunate enough to have Gore, MJD or AJ slip to me. So I've been wrestling all day with the question of S-Jax or Turner? Right now I'm slightly leaning SJax given his receptions, but where this is only 1/2 pt PPR league maybe Turner becomes more valuable?

Convince me one way or the other...or is there someone else you recommend?

Its a close call but the deciding factor if it were me would be the terrible O in St. Louis plus the wheels are bound to come off Sjax at some point. If not a season ender I see him missing 4-5 games this season especially if they are out of the hunt, which they will be.

STL homer here and I think SJax missing 4 games is way too much. He might miss one or two, maybe. He's healthy, in great shape despite the off season back surgery, and regularly produces. The Rams will be better this year on both sides of the ball, much more competitive all around, and Bradford is looking better than Bulger did the past two years (yes, even as a rookie), so teams will have to respect the pass a bit. Sure, they'll stack the box and make Bradford prove he can beat teams, but that didn't stop SJax last year and I just don't see any dropoff for him again this year.

In 2008 Turner needed 376 carries to get 1700 yards from scrimmage. Turner was a machine on TDs (17). I don't see him doing that again.

Last year SJax did 1700 yards with 375 touches (324 run, 51 rec). SJax barely sniffed the endzone (4). Still, those 25 rec points amount to 4 more TDs.

I'll give SJax 6 TDs this year just to be conservative, plus his 25 points for receptions, could be a pretty even call. The half-point per reception makes it a lot closer than I would have expected (in both my PPR leagues, SJax hands down, but thinking this through, hmm...)

Did I help at all? :)

Turner, because SJAX may fall to you and you could get both.

He's falling in leagues everywhere.