Sign in to follow this  
silvernblack4

DeAngelo Williams

In todays NFL it is great to have 2 premier backs especially when the 2 backs are arguably both top 10 running backs in the league, williams proved his ability in 08 and stewart showed the world what he can do with a full load of carries at the end of last year and throughout his whole time at oregon..but the panthers are not equipped to effectivly use both their talents. Dwill is a free agent after the year and stewarts future is Now; with all the needs carolina has i think they should trade Dwill while they can get something in return..while i know teams love to make sure they can sign a back longterm before giving up picks i think a 1st and 3rd round pick is worth it to a few teams..

Packers- rock solid all around, grant is hurt and frankly not that great..Dwill would put this team over the top and turn them into an explosive offense in all areas. Combine that with their D and they would be my pick to win it all..

Patriots- obviously they are a passing team but this would be an amazing upgrade and put their offensive potential through the roof..if they got Dwill they would be my pick to go to the SB

Redskins- must sign him for a trade to be worth it..haynesworth is garunteed through 2011 so im not sure how they would work the books..portis is in the twilight of his career and Dwill would be a great fit and make the skins a real contender to get in the playoffs and possibly advance

Carolina can get key pieces in the draft with two 1st round picks and use a 2nd or 3rd to get another quality back while letting stewart become a feature back

If teams weren't willing to part with a 1st and a 3rd for Michael Turner, when he was with the chargers, I doubt they will pay that steep of a price for Dwill.

Dwill is good NFL back, but to give up a 1st and a 3rd is not realistic unless he is able to show he can carry a team by himself. He can't show that with Stewart there. A catch 22 situation.

The Patriots don't really "need" him exactly, would not likely spend too much to get him.....

The Packer's appear to currently be OK without a back like him......

Assuming Carolina won't deal him within the division, the next most-likely teams would seem to be the Redskins or perhaps the Raiders. From an ownership perspective the two teams have the right kind of crazy to overspend to get him, and they each appear to have a need, in their own unique way, for a back who can win for them even if he is injured later and cannot play in any potential playoff scenario...