kiki

#1 waiver claim

Have the #1 waiver, but we can only hold 5rb's on our roster. Current backs are

Chris Johnson

Arian Foster

K. Moreno

B. Jacobs

R. Bush

would you drop Jacobs or Bush for Jackson? I have a feeling Grant's ankle is worse than they are letting on...

How many RB's do you start? I don't think I would drop any of those guys for him yet. Looking at your group, would you really start him over CJ or Foster? Probably not.

If there's really no one else you need for your own team (like Gresham at TE maybe?), then you might consider picking up Jackson just so you can trade him to the guy who owns Grant for someone you DO need, a WR2 or something. Like Tippy said, Jackson probly isn't going to do your team any good directly, but if the Grant owner doesn't have a quality RB3, then Jackson might be able to help you indirectly.

Of the guys on your bench, I'd drop Brandon Jacobs, since Ahmad Bradshaw is rapidly becoming the Giants' RB1 anyway. The only caveat to that is that Tennessee and Denver share a bye, so hopefully your two remaining backs, Foster and Bush, will both be healthy in Week 9.

What do you think of this question now that Grant is out for the year. When I originally posted this, I thought Grant would only be out 3-4 wks

I want Jackson, just can't decide if I wanna drop B. Jacobs or R. Bush

I'd drop Jacobs for him. You lose an RB2 who is injury prone for a starting RB, who knows what he'll do? On the same note as Tippett, you're not going to sit CJ or Arian.......that applies to Jacobs too. I think Jackson has WAY more upside than Jacobs.

Jacobs would indeed be the correct answer to the question as asked, but again, I have to wonder if there's not a FA at another position that might help your team more, like Clayton at WR maybe? Who do you have at TE? Jackson won't directly improve your week to week scoring by so much as a single point, because he will never crack your starting lineup, but if he gives you the leverage to improve your starters via trade, then more power to you. Just try to think about how you can score more points every week, not necessarily have the greatest depth in the league.

Jacobs would indeed be the correct answer to the question as asked, but again, I have to wonder if there's not a FA at another position that might help your team more, like Clayton at WR maybe? Who do you have at TE? Jackson won't directly improve your week to week scoring by so much as a single point, because he will never crack your starting lineup, but if he gives you the leverage to improve your starters via trade, then more power to you. Just try to think about how you can score more points every week, not necessarily have the greatest depth in the league.

I understand Jackson wouldn't necessarily start for me in the near future, but he's an upgrade on the bench over Jacobs or Bush imo - problem is, I like Jacobs and Bush more than most and can't decide which one to drop.

my squad:

QB - Schaub, Flacco

RB - CJ, Foster, Moreno, Jacobs, R. Bush

WR - Moss, Bowe, P. Harvin, J. Gafney, V. Jackson

TE - Finley, Z. Miller

D and K - no need to list

There aren't any WR's on the wire I am interested in picking up over the guys I have. Yes, I do think I need to improve at WR, but that's why you build depth at other positions...

Everyone so far has suggested to drop Jacobs, but I'm actually leaning towards keeping him. He's a Bradshaw injury away from being a Beast! but on the other hand, Bush will get his touches (rushing and receiving) each week either way and he's a damn good 4/5 rb -- Just can't make up my mind :unsure:

I would drop Jacobs. He is now the #2 guy and isn't even the goal line back anymore.

I also disagree that you don't need to worry about adding him because you are solid are rb. These early WW pick-up's sometimes win you the league. Who knows next week you could have an injury on your team and remember that Grant was a WW pick up several years ago.

Mine Please

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=370230

Yes, you ABSOLUTELY need to improve at WR, especially if you have to start three of those guys. Is Mark Clayton on the waiver wire? And if so, can you trade Brandon Jackson for someone BETTER than Clayton? I can't answer that definitively, without knowing the rosters of all the teams who need a RB in your league, but I'd hafta say it's probly gonna be difficult.

Clayton is worth a solid 60-80 yards a week, and he'll score in 8-12 weeks. There aren't too many other WRs who will have that kind of steady action. If you can't trade Brandon Jackson for a Miles Austin or a Roddy White or someone like that, then skip him and just pick up Clayton.

And quit being a baby and drop Jacobs. Everyone but you seems to realize it's the right thing to do.