Sign in to follow this  
PythonPatrol

I have just been offered Shonn Greene for my Michael Crabtree

Hey all. I have just been offered Shonn Greene for my Michael Crabtree. I play in a standard performance league. My lineup is below. This would make me thin at WR but add depth at RB. But do I need it? Any help would be great.

Starters:

Q: Romo

RB: F Gore, A Foster

WR: R Moss, J Maclin, J Knox

TE: D Keller

K: D Akers

Def/St: Bengals

Bench:

QB: C Henne

RB: J Charles , J Stewart, M Tolbert

WR: M Crabtree, S Holmes

TE:B Celek

K: S Gostkowski

For what it's worth, I'm thinking about dropping Jacoby Jones for Crabs (he's on waivers, if you can believe that). If I were you I'd be tempted to keep Crabtree and hope the new OC (a pass-minded guy) can help salvage his season. I have a feeling that this is a sell Greene for what you can and try to buy low on Crabtree move on the part of the other guy. But that's just my gut take.

I would send Crabtree for Greene in a heartbeat. Here's my outlook:

Michael Crabtree is OVERRATED. He's a middling possession receiver expected to be the next T.O. / Jerry Rice.

As the year wears on, the chances that LT2 gets injured and/or the jets use Greene more greatly improve.

Shonn Greene will find his groove and turn into a productive RB2, while Crabtree will be a WR4 at best.

I've got both and am about ready to unload them to pick up more promising prospects. Acquiring Mike Williams (TB), Malcom Floyd & Louis Murphy have attoned for Michael Crabtree being on my roster, but I've yet to find a good replacement for Greene.

I finally dropped Greene outright after another dismal week. LT is the man in NY right now. Might he get hurt? Sure. Worth saving a roster spot for? No...

There are quite a few RB situations right now that are up in the air due to injury or otherwise. There will be better options than Greene very soon...

As for Crabtree? Let's see how the new offensive coord works our for Smith. david Carr might be getting the call soon.

I would do the trade...you had it right. Its about RB depth. Theres a good chance Greene gets it going at some point in the season and when he does, you have trade bait. There will be teams in desperate need of a RB later on. Crabtree will probably improve, but you'll never start him. When it comes to two players who have similar value and one is an RB, I'll choose the RB every time.

Hey all. I have just been offered Shonn Greene for my Michael Crabtree. I play in a standard performance league. My lineup is below. This would make me thin at WR but add depth at RB. But do I need it? Any help would be great.

Starters:

Q: Romo

RB: F Gore, A Foster

WR: R Moss, J Maclin, J Knox

TE: D Keller

K: D Akers

Def/St: Bengals

Bench:

QB: C Henne

RB: J Charles , J Stewart, M Tolbert

WR: M Crabtree, S Holmes

TE:B Celek

K: S Gostkowski

Make the trade then drop your spare kicker for the best waiver wire receiver.

Make the trade then drop your spare kicker for the best waiver wire receiver.

This.

S.Greene is going to breakout later in the season. LT wont be able to hold up and Greene will get more carries on a run heavy team.

The only reason I see to hold onto crabs is that his team will be playing from behind a lot it seems... If he picks it up he might be a good play, but thats pretty unlikely at this point.

I say do it, and pickup someone on WW for rec. depth

Mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=372268