Sign in to follow this  
adanley

Claims

I'm in a 10 team Fanball money league with tight roster limits. I had the #2 overall claim this week and chose Ryan Torain and set it to drop Justin Forsett. Later, I decided to drop Forsett as I no longer needed him. I looked back at my claims list and it was changed automatically to "No Drop" as I now had the roster space available and Forsett was no longer on my team.

Surprisingly, when the claims were processed I did not get Torain. He went to someone behind me. Next to my #2 overall claim it stated "The player to drop is no longer on the team." Seriously?

The league will not correct this error. What do you think?

This is your mistake, sorry. It is not the league's job to correct your mistakes. It would be far worse to screw over the guy who got Torain, who did nothing wrong, than to let you get screwed over by your own mistake, imo.

You should have realized when you dropped him this would nullify your claim, and should have re-processed the claim.

sorry but you screwed up, if you were gonna drop Forsett, you should have just waited for the process to go thru

if you drop a player that you have in a waiver claim, you then have to delete said claim and start over

This stinks for you. It is your error and the waiver system worked the way it was supposed to. There is no way to prove that you had a claim in for Torain if I am understanding everything correctly. You have to drop someone if you claim someone? If so, you didn't have Forsett on your team anymore so it was an invalid claim. By allowing you to get Torain, your league would set a precedence that nobody would want. Sorry, I know that is not what you wanted to hear...but. If I misunderstood something please clarify.

This is your mistake, sorry. It is not the league's job to correct your mistakes. It would be far worse to screw over the guy who got Torain, who did nothing wrong, than to let you get screwed over by your own mistake, imo.

You should have realized when you dropped him this would nullify your claim, and should have re-processed the claim.

I'm just not sure how I could have avoided this. I reset my claim to "no drop" after I dropped Forsett. Seems pretty weak on Fanball's end.

I'm just not sure how I could have avoided this. I reset my claim to "no drop" after I dropped Forsett. Seems pretty weak onFANBALL'send.

I bolded the real problem, get off fanball, goto MFL for the same price and 100000x better quality and service, and customization

If you decided to drop Forsett on your own without letting the waiver process run, then it was your responsibility to reset your waiver claim since Forsett was no longer available to be dropped. Tough lesson learned, I know.

I see what you are saying now. Never used fanball before so unfamilar with their settings. The claim was telling you that you didnt need to drop someone since you had the roster space available? Would have to look at league rules and roster regulations before forming any opinions one way or the other.

I see what you are saying now. Never used fanball before so unfamilar with their settings. The claim was telling you that you didnt need to drop someone since you had the roster space available? Would have to look at league rules and roster regulations before forming any opinions one way or the other.

Yes. I went back to the waiver list after dropping Forsett. It was set to no drop. Dropping Forsett was not even an option at that point. I guess I should have deleted the claim and started over, but I had NO idea that this would happen.

Yes. I went back to the waiver list after dropping Forsett. It was set to no drop. Dropping Forsett was not even an option at that point. I guess I should have deleted the claim and started over, but I had NO idea that this would happen.

After the claims go through, does it show everyone that you had a claim in for Torain? Why did you drop Forsett when you knew he was going to get dropped through waivers? If I was the one who got Torain and I knew for a fact you had a waiver in for him, I would probably give him to you. However, it still seems like you were the one who messed up and he has no obligation to "make things right"

After the claims go through, does it show everyone that you had a claim in for Torain? Why did you drop Forsett when you knew he was going to get dropped through waivers? If I was the one who got Torain and I knew for a fact you had a waiver in for him, I would probably give him to you. However, it still seems like you were the one who messed up and he has no obligation to "make things right"

Yes, there is a claims list and it shows I claimed Torain before anyone else. My list is below. If I messed up, that is fine. Just seams really weak on Fanball's end. Aside from deleting my list and starting over, this was unavoidable. Who knows if that would have worked either?

Order

Team

Favre's Ankle

Player Add

Ryan Torain RB

Player Drop

Justin Forsett, RB

Won

N

Note

The player to drop is no longer on the team.

You got screwed. Your league should correct the error.

The crucial part of a waiver claim is the claim itself (Torain). Releasing a player at the same time is merely a function of automated waivers and roster limitations. Since you had space on your roster, your move to release Forsett is immaterial. In the real world, you would clear roster space after you were awarded the claim.

I guess I just don't understand why drop someone for nobody. I have seen it once in a while over the years, and I normally just thought the guy was a noob and didn't know how to work waiver claims. Even guys on IR I tend to let sit on my bench until I decide who I want to claim.

I guess I just don't understand why drop someone for nobody. I have seen it once in a while over the years, and I normally just thought the guy was a noob and didn't know how to work waiver claims. Even guys on IR I tend to let sit on my bench until I decide who I want to claim.

I guess I dropped Forsett because I didn't need him anymore. Fanball is kind of a pain (Obviously) so I thought it would save me time if I added someone Sunday morning.