Sign in to follow this  
jsilec

BenJarvus Green-Ellis the rest of the way

Just curious what you guys think of him since it seems he has taken the starting spot on the pats offense from here on out.the pats seem to be changing their offense from pass happy to a more 2 te running attack and the law firm might be benefit quite a bit...what do you guys think?

Where does Fred Taylor play into this? Is he out of the picture now, or is BB going to be crazy with distributing carries again?

Where does Fred Taylor play into this? Is he out of the picture now, or is BB going to be crazy with distributing carries again?

from roto:

Fred Taylor (turf toe) was held out of Patriots practice on Tuesday.

Several injured Pats defenders returned in full pads, but Taylor remains out. If he doesn't return by late in the week, BenJarvus Green-Ellis is set up for RB2/flex value against the Ravens this week.

I picked up Law Firm so I'm a little biased. But he just looks good to me. He looks strong and fast enough. I hope he has good hands and they can use him on a screen or two.

As I watched the Pats/Dolphins game, I became increasingly irritated when BJGE wasn't on the field. It seems like one drive it was BJGE the whole way then the next was that little white guy for the next drive.

The Pats aren't going to use ANY of their RBs full time so expect 15 touches or so and that's it.

I think he will be a low end RB2 the rest of the way. Fred Taylor is probably not going to do much this year due to injury, and Sammy Morris has sucked for the most part. Woodhead is a nice change of pace back, but I don't see him getting a lot of carries. So I think BJGE has a good chance of stepping up in New England.

It is also worth mentioning that the Pats want to go back to a clock killing, grind it out type of offense. Hence part of the reason for the Randy Moss trade. So if BJGE is up to the task (which is debatable, for sure), he could actually end up getting a lot of carries.

I thought BJGE ran very well against Miami, even better than a lot of message board chatter had predicted, imo. I started him and with that touchdown he was money in helping me win that week. I wish they would rely on him even more and stop switching so many guys in and out.

I may regret this, but I just dropped him in one of my leagues (only a 10-teamer, so plenty of quality FA's available).

I had Maroney last year and I think you're looking at a similar kind of thing. He'll get 10-15 touches and whether it was a success starting him will just depend on whether he scores, since he's not likely to put up a ton of yards.

I just couldn't see a scenario where I start him with confidence. This week they play Baltimore. After that, Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, Danny Woodhead, some other scrub they trade for before the deadline, all come into play.

Sure, if NE starts putting up 40+ points a week as a team, dropping him is going to kill me. But, I'm betting against it.

I may regret this, but I just dropped him in one of my leagues (only a 10-teamer, so plenty of quality FA's available).

I had Maroney last year and I think you're looking at a similar kind of thing. He'll get 10-15 touches and whether it was a success starting him will just depend on whether he scores, since he's not likely to put up a ton of yards.

I just couldn't see a scenario where I start him with confidence. This week they play Baltimore. After that, Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, Danny Woodhead, some other scrub they trade for before the deadline, all come into play.

Sure, if NE starts putting up 40+ points a week as a team, dropping him is going to kill me. But, I'm betting against it.

I think Belichick likes BJGE as a player a lot more than he ever liked Maroney. That will make a difference, IMO.