Sign in to follow this  
audimod

Flex play: Amendola or Felix Jones?

As much as I despise everything about Dallas' run game not being able to consistently stick with a RB, Felix put up some nice numbers last week. But I now have Amendola on the bench... Do I wait a week on him to see how things go in STL?

i like a WR in the flex if its a PPR..

i think amendola is a safer play with the PPR...also they're playing SD so will probably have to throw a bunch...also the cowboys are playing minnesota and with their depleted secondary, they'll probably just throw it all over them...it's hard to tell how many carries jones is gonna get from week to week

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=373740

In a PPR league I think it's Amendola, and it might not be that close. Amendola is 6th in the NFL in WR targets and 4th in receptions. Great PPR guy on a team that will keep throwing the ball a lot.

i think amendola is a safer play with the PPR...also they're playing SD so will probably have to throw a bunch...also the cowboys are playing minnesota and with their depleted secondary, they'll probably just throw it all over them...it's hard to tell how many carries jones is gonna get from week to week

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=373740

True, Minnesota's secondary is poor right now and the Cowpokes should exploit that. With that being said, Minn should be attempting to compensate by not loading the box and not giving up the big play to Austin or Roy. Or they'll overload the box attempting to pressure Romo risking man coverage in the secondary. But yes, Jared Allen is a beast and deserves to be doubled on the line almost every down.... Thus, I think Felix and the ground game could have a good afternoon running for bursts of 10-20 yards before the secondary has time to collapse and make up for the over protection of the WRs.

There in lies the dilemma... But I'll probably roll with Amendola.

Anyone else have a different take on the above?

I really think Amendola is going to get the targets. Jones is still part of a 3 headed dog that may or may not get t the touches on a given week. I like Amendola, especially like everyone else said in a PPR.

thanks for mine

I'm with everybody else, go with Amendola. Good chance the Rams will be trailing in this one, so they will have to pass. Vikes Run Def is tough.