***Official College Football Wagering Thread*** Week 8

NCAA Football: 40-29; +8.1 units

NFL: 8-4-3; +3.6 units

CFL: 2-3; -1.3 units

Thursday

NCAA Football

UCLA (+25) LOSER

Adding: UCLA 1st H (+14.5)@-115 LOSER

Sure, Oregon gets lots of press and has won the hearts of the nation. I bet on them quite a few times early in the year, as would anybody that recognizes an undervalued team. Um, times have changed, and they are overrated now. Looking inside the number, Oregon beat Stanford by 21 points, but outstatted them by only 100 yards. Oregon beat Arizona St by 11, by got outplayed by 200 yards in that game. Let that sink in. They got beat by 200 total yard, yet won by 11. Lucky, lucky, lucky. They are getting gashed by 500+ total yards to decent PAC 10 teams lately. Then Oregon beat a really bad Wash St team, a team they were favored to beat by 36, by 20 points, outstatted them by 200 yards, and led by only 36-23 late in the game. Oregon's stats vs decent or any Pac 10 team at all doesn't warrant a ridiculous spread like +25 vs UCLA. I'd put this game closer to +17 or less. Sure, I'm not talking UCLA up, but they have beaten Texas in a blow out, beat the same Wash St team by 14 instead of 20 as did Oregon. but lost to California, Kansas St, and Stanford. I don't know what to tell you other than UCLA has been beat up by injuries and suspensions, and have played a schedule twice as hard as Oregon. UCLA has a very good pass defense, and this figures to force Oregon to run the ball to win. It's not easy to cover a big number like this by running the ball. Oregon might not lose this game, but they will be playing some very close games in very near future. The line is over adjusted for their reputation.

EDIT: a bit of ramble after a few drinks, but I think I was somewhat coherent. Maybe.

I came looking for an opinion similar to mine, and I'm glad to have found it. I was thinking of teasing UCLA with the under. This spread is treating UCLA like a team that is a cellar dwellar, not a team that just went into Texas 3 weeks ago and beat the Longhorns by 22. Oregon has dominated some not very good teams, and have gotten 17 of their 22 turnovers in 3 games, 5 in the other 3. Oregon has also turned the ball over 11 times in their last 4 games, so they can cough it up also. I'm reading UCLA's QB Prince is out for this game, that might be cause for such a huge spread. UCLA is a running team, 223 yards per game vs only 95 yards passing per game, leading to time consuming drives. UCLA has had only one game go over 53 pts scored. O/U for this game is 61.5 Looking at Oregon's scores, I would almost expect the o/u to be 65 or more. But, I'd still lean to running the ball (by both teams) taking its toll on the clock before 60 pts are scored. :cheers:

UCLA lost to a bad Cal team by 28, and Oregon beat a real good Stanford team by 21, Oregon can certainly cover the spread here, especially if the QB Prince is out. We'll see if Oregon can handle the #1 ranking and show everyone in prime time they are deserving. I kind of like the Under in this game as was mentioned.

UCLA lost to a bad Cal team by 28, and Oregon beat a real good Stanford team by 21, Oregon can certainly cover the spread here, especially if the QB Prince is out. We'll see if Oregon can handle the #1 ranking and show everyone in prime time they are deserving. I kind of like the Under in this game as was mentioned.

California is 3-0 at home, 0-3 on the road. Cal beat UCLA at home.

Stanford vs Oregon was a close game, statistically. Oregon did not come close to outplaying Stanford by 21.

YTD 49-52-2 +4.87 units

Talk about line movement what did this open at 22? Wow it's just screaming take Oregon here, but I think UCLA is the play even if they are starting the 3rd string QB

Under 60.5 looks good too, Oregon scores 54 a a game themselves seems fishy

teasing UCLA +33 under 67

Unless UCLA comes out and gives up a kickoff return for a TD, an int. return for a TD, and a fumble return for a TD, in combination with the UCLA offense putting up 7 pts or less, I don't see how Oregon wins by 33 or more. But, I have been known to be wrong on more than one occasion. :unsure:

Dr Bob's post from today on tonight's game.

OREGON (-26.0) 44 UCLA 20

Over/Under Total: 60.5

06:00 PM Pacific Time Thursday, 21-Oct-2010

Oregon is an explosive team that is certainly not a bad choice as the nation’s #1 team, but the Ducks have a weakness in stopping the run that could allow UCLA to keep this game somewhat competitive. Oregon has given up 4.7 yards per rushing play this season to teams that would combine to average just 4.5 yprp against an average team. UCLA is among the worst passing teams in the nation, but backup QB Richard Brehaut has actually been more effective than injured starter Kevin Prince, who is questionable with a bad knee. Brehaut has completed 50% of his passes for 4.6 yards per pass play (against teams that would allow 5.9 yppp to an average QB) while Prince has completed a pathetic 45% of his passes for just 2.7 yppp (against teams that would allow 5.3 yppp). Regardless of which quarterback plays the Bruins will be happy to try to exploit Oregon’s only weakness with a rushing attack that has averaged 243 yards at 6.2 yprp this season (against teams that would allow 5.0 yprp to an average team). I’m sure Oregon will be watching the tape from UCLA’s game at Cal when the Bears held the Bruins to just 58 rushing yards and 144 total yards, but Oregon has to turn that knowledge into production and they have yet to stop a good running team from getting yards on the ground. My math model projects 261 rushing yards at 6.3 yprp for the Bruins I still get Oregon by 23 ½ points. The line has gone from -20 ½ points up to -26 points, so the value actually now favors a defensively solid UCLA team (5.4 yppl allowed to teams that would combine to average 5.7 yppl against an average team) with a strong rushing attack. Good running teams with a solid defense are usually pretty good plays as big underdogs, but Oregon will certainly be able to run the ball tonight. I’ll lean slightly with UCLA at the inflated line.

(That's why I like this guy. He thinks like I do.)

Adding: UCLA 1st H (+14.5)@-115

Oregon has all the pressure on them tonight to perform perfectly and beat up UCLA. Problem is that every time Oregon has faced a decent team this year, they've been a completely 2nd half team, falling way behind in games vs Tenn and Stanford, for example. Following the Jeff Fisher leak, ESPN wants the ratings to stay throughout the game, so why not have a convenient holding call here and there to keep it close, for a while?

Damn. If UCLA completely sucks it up tonight, I will be very embarrassed. Good luck to all.

Also, I'm glad that we have had a decent conversation on this game tonight. Hopefully the chatter continues and this thread starts to jump again.

Dr Bob's post from today on tonight's game.

OREGON (-26.0) 44 UCLA 20

Over/Under Total: 60.5

06:00 PM Pacific Time Thursday, 21-Oct-2010

Oregon is an explosive team that is certainly not a bad choice as the nation’s #1 team, but the Ducks have a weakness in stopping the run that could allow UCLA to keep this game somewhat competitive. Oregon has given up 4.7 yards per rushing play this season to teams that would combine to average just 4.5 yprp against an average team. UCLA is among the worst passing teams in the nation, but backup QB Richard Brehaut has actually been more effective than injured starter Kevin Prince, who is questionable with a bad knee. Brehaut has completed 50% of his passes for 4.6 yards per pass play (against teams that would allow 5.9 yppp to an average QB) while Prince has completed a pathetic 45% of his passes for just 2.7 yppp (against teams that would allow 5.3 yppp). Regardless of which quarterback plays the Bruins will be happy to try to exploit Oregon’s only weakness with a rushing attack that has averaged 243 yards at 6.2 yprp this season (against teams that would allow 5.0 yprp to an average team). I’m sure Oregon will be watching the tape from UCLA’s game at Cal when the Bears held the Bruins to just 58 rushing yards and 144 total yards, but Oregon has to turn that knowledge into production and they have yet to stop a good running team from getting yards on the ground. My math model projects 261 rushing yards at 6.3 yprp for the Bruins I still get Oregon by 23 ½ points. The line has gone from -20 ½ points up to -26 points, so the value actually now favors a defensively solid UCLA team (5.4 yppl allowed to teams that would combine to average 5.7 yppl against an average team) with a strong rushing attack. Good running teams with a solid defense are usually pretty good plays as big underdogs, but Oregon will certainly be able to run the ball tonight. I’ll lean slightly with UCLA at the inflated line.

(That's why I like this guy. He thinks like I do.)

Best Bets

Rotation #304 Cincinnati (-7 1/2) 3-Stars at -10 or less, 2-Stars up to -11.

Rotation #308 Louisville (-2) 2-Stars at -3 or less, 3-Stars at -1 or better.

Rotation #322 Iowa (-5 1/2) 4-Stars at -7 or less, 3-Stars to -8, 2-Stars up to -9 1/2.

Rotation #331 Syracuse (+14) 2-Stars at +13 or more.

Rotation #334 Illinois (-13 1/2) 3-Stars at -14 or less, 2-Stars up to -17.

Rotation #347 Texas A&M (-13 1/2) 3-Stars at -14 or less, 2-Stars up to -16.

Rotation #352 SMU (-7 1/2) 3-Stars at -10 or less, 2-Stars up to -11.

Rotation #358 Northern Illinois (-10) 2-Stars at -10 or less.

Rotation #360 Missouri (+3) 3-Stars at +3 or more, 2-Stars to -1.

Rotation #395 San Diego State (-23 1/2) 3-Stars at -24 or less, 2-Stars up to -27.

Strong Opinions

Rotation #318 East Carolina (-11 1/2) Strong Opinion at -13 1/2 or less.

Rotation #330 Pittsburgh (-12 1/2) Strong Opinion at -14 or less.

Rotation #373 Hawaii (-3) Strong Opinion at -4 or less.

Rotation #380 Virginia (-23 1/2) Strong Opinion at -24 or less.

25-16-1 on Best Bets

Best Bets based on the lines after they've moved is 23-14

Strong Opinions are 21-21-1 (19-15 on Sides and 2-7 on Totals)

WOW. I should make it a point to watch some Oregon offensive drives before calling them a "running team" cuz they average ALOT of rushing yards. Holy jeezus balls, UCLA can't hold them to less than 10 yards per play.

NCAA Football: 40-31; +5.85 units

Preseason NBA: 18-12; +4.05 units

MLB Playoffs: 3-2; +1.2 units

NHL: 11-9; -.75 units

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly. Or at least not give up in the 1st quarter after the first three drives went into Oregon territory and all you get is a FG. I was dead wrong with my pick. Very, very wrong.

Friday

NCAA Football:

Cincinnati (-8) LOSER

Adding Cinc 2nd H (-7)@-105 LOSER

CFL:

Hamilton (+1.5) WINNER (Won 40-3)

British Columbia (+9) WINNER (Won 36-31)

Adding BC 2nd H (+7)@-105 WINNER (Won 2nd H 9-3)

MLB Playoffs

Texas (Even) WINNER (Won 40-3)

NHL

Columbus (-145) LOSER

Atlanta (-130) LOSER

Buffalo (-145) for 2 units LOSER

Chicago (-105) LOSER

Vancouver (-200) WINNER

NBA Preseason

NY Knicks (+2.5) LOSER

Charlotte (-6.5) WINNER

Memphis (-4) LOSER

Orlando (-9.5) Postponed-No Play

Minnesota (+6.5) WINNER

Indiana (+7.5) LOSER

Houston (+6) WINNER

Utah (-9) WINNER

Denver (+6) WINNER

Golden St (+8) WINNER

OVER NYK/TOR (208) for .5 units WINNER

UNDER ORL/MIA (191.5) Postponed-No Play

OVER IND/CHI (199) for .5 units LOSER

UNDER HOU/DAL (198.5) for .5 units WINNER

UNDER GST/LAL (208) for .5 units WINNER

Cincinnati is putting up some gaudy numbers offensively for the last month or so. Looks like they have figured out their offensive rhythm and they impressed me with the comeback win over Louisville last week in hostile territory. The weakness of Cincy seems to be pass defense, something So Flor may not come close to exploiting with their disappointing QB play this year. South Florida seems to be regressing, and so I'll back the team playing better with the Big East championship to compete for vs a drifting South Florida team coming off a 2nd straight conference loss to West Virginia in a rather ugly game.

Montreal wrapped up a #1 seed in their conference for the playoffs and have nothing to play for. Hamilton is in 2nd, and needs to stay ahead of Toronto to get a home field game in Round one of the playoffs. Since Hamilton hasn't beaten Montreal this year, they need to make a statement to themselves that they can defeat the Als to build confidence. Calvillo has had midseason injuries, so if the plays for Montreal, I'd wonder how long he would be in this game. Hamilton needs this game more.

Calgary clinched a playoff spot in a come from behind win at Saskatchewan. Winnipeg lost a 2nd straight overtime game and is fighting for it's playoff life. Especially brutal was losing a 21 point lead to lose in OT two weeks ago. But it's still a capable team that plays good pressure defense and is getting solid QB play lately out of Lulay. I'll take the points. I know Calgary hasn't wrapped up the division yet, but they've been very inconsistent lately, winning just 2 of last 5 games overall, and this game feels like a close one.

Good luck to all

Iowa -6.5 (-105)Loser

TexasA&M -14 (-105)Winner

SanDiegoSt -24 (-105)Loser

Oklahoma -3 (-105)Loser

Nebraska OklahomaSt Over 60Winner

MichiganSt Northwestern Over 54 Winner

Illinois -13.5 (-105)Winner

SMU -8.5 (-105)Loser

FloridaAtl ArkansasSt Under 54 Winner

Colorado +3Push

Navy(N) +7Winner

Idaho -24Loser

LSU Auburn Under 52Winner

Texas -21Loser

Utah -30.5 Winner

TCU -18.5 Winner

Temple -8Winner

NorthCarolina +6.5Loser

Alabama -16.5Winner

2 props

Dan Persa (Northwestern) Total Completions - Must Play

Over 23.5 (-145)Loser

Dan Persa (Northwestern) Total Passing Yards - Must Play

Over 275.5 (-130)Loser

Added NW MSU over 25.5 2nd half Winner

It looks like Cincy is the play, ever since the new head coach for So Fla decided to try and make BJ Daniels a throwing QB instead of a combo throwing/running QB, they have struggled...GL.

Am I seeing things? That So Flor kicker missed a FG by at least 10 feet. It clearly passed the upright in front. And it was called good. And the announcers won't give us a replay.

Adding Cinc 2nd H (-7)@-105

Explanation: Fock it. I guess that works. Also, Cincy looks like sh!t 1st H as compared to any part of last week. So Flor looks legit. So, a reversal of fortune is in order. Also, fock it.

NCAA Football: 40-31; +5.85 units

Preseason NBA: 18-12; +4.05 units

MLB Playoffs: 3-2; +1.2 units

NHL: 11-9; -.75 units

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly. Or at least not give up in the 1st quarter after the first three drives went into Oregon territory and all you get is a FG. I was dead wrong with my pick. Very, very wrong.

Friday

NCAA Football:

Cincinnati (-8) LOSER

Adding Cinc 2nd H (-7)@-105 LOSER

CFL:

Hamilton (+1.5) WINNER (Won 40-3)

British Columbia (+9) WINNER (Won 36-31)

Adding BC 2nd H (+7)@-105 WINNER (Won 2nd H 9-3)

MLB Playoffs

Texas (Even) WINNER (Won 40-3)

NHL

Columbus (-145) LOSER

Atlanta (-130) LOSER

Buffalo (-145) for 2 units LOSER

Chicago (-105) LOSER

Vancouver (-200) WINNER

NBA Preseason

NY Knicks (+2.5) LOSER

Charlotte (-6.5) WINNER

Memphis (-4) LOSER

Orlando (-9.5) Postponed-No Play

Minnesota (+6.5) WINNER

Indiana (+7.5) LOSER

Houston (+6) WINNER

Utah (-9) WINNER

Denver (+6) WINNER

Golden St (+8) WINNER

OVER NYK/TOR (208) for .5 units WINNER

UNDER ORL/MIA (191.5) Postponed-No Play

OVER IND/CHI (199) for .5 units LOSER

UNDER HOU/DAL (198.5) for .5 units WINNER

UNDER GST/LAL (208) for .5 units WINNER

Cincinnati is putting up some gaudy numbers offensively for the last month or so. Looks like they have figured out their offensive rhythm and they impressed me with the comeback win over Louisville last week in hostile territory. The weakness of Cincy seems to be pass defense, something So Flor may not come close to exploiting with their disappointing QB play this year. South Florida seems to be regressing, and so I'll back the team playing better with the Big East championship to compete for vs a drifting South Florida team coming off a 2nd straight conference loss to West Virginia in a rather ugly game.

Montreal wrapped up a #1 seed in their conference for the playoffs and have nothing to play for. Hamilton is in 2nd, and needs to stay ahead of Toronto to get a home field game in Round one of the playoffs. Since Hamilton hasn't beaten Montreal this year, they need to make a statement to themselves that they can defeat the Als to build confidence. Calvillo has had midseason injuries, so if the plays for Montreal, I'd wonder how long he would be in this game. Hamilton needs this game more.

Calgary clinched a playoff spot in a come from behind win at Saskatchewan. Winnipeg lost a 2nd straight overtime game and is fighting for it's playoff life. Especially brutal was losing a 21 point lead to lose in OT two weeks ago. But it's still a capable team that plays good pressure defense and is getting solid QB play lately out of Lulay. I'll take the points. I know Calgary hasn't wrapped up the division yet, but they've been very inconsistent lately, winning just 2 of last 5 games overall, and this game feels like a close one.

Good luck to all

Preseason NBA: 27-16; +7.7 units

NCAA Football: 40-33; +3.7 units

MLB Playoffs: 4-2; +2.2 units

CFL: 5-3; +1.7 units

NHL: 12-13; -6.45 units

Saturday, in time order, 1 unit each. Will keep an edit section at bottom for any additions for football.

NCAA Football

Early

Virginia Tech (-27) WINNER

Temple (-7.5) WINNER

Michigan St (-6) WINNER

Pittsburgh (-13) WINNER

Syracuse (+13.5) WINNER

Illinois (-13.5) WINNER

Iowa St (+20.5) WINNER

Mississippi (+10) LOSER

Maryland (+4) WINNER

Ohio U (-2.5) WINNER

OVER OHI/MOH (49.5) LOSER

Arkansas St (-7.5) WINNER

Wyoming (+10.5) WINNER

Louisville (+3)@-115 WINNER

Iowa (-6) LOSER

Baylor (-6.5) LOSER

UNDER KST/BAY (56.5) LOSER

SMU (-9) LOSER

Bowling Green (+2.5) LOSER

Western Michigan (-7.5) WINNER

Oklahoma St (+6) LOSER

California (-3)@-115 WINNER

Central Florida (-21.5) WINNER

Colorado (+3)@-115 PUSH

Northern Illinois (-10) WINNER

East Carolina (-12.5) WINNER

Middle Tenn St (-12) WINNER

OVER ULM/MTS (55) LOSER

Idaho (-24) LOSER

Hawaii (-3.5) WINNER

Virginia (-24) WINNER

Utah (-30) WINNER

Early Summary, including Added plays...

23-12; +9.8 units

Later

Vanderbilt (+12.5) LOSER

Texas A&M (-14) WINNER

UAB (+20) WINNER

Tennessee (+16.5) LOSER

Toledo (-11.5) LOSER

UNDER BAL/TOL (48.5) LOSER

North Carolina (+6.5) LOSER

Georgia (-4) WINNER

Missouri (+3)@-115 WINNER

Fresno St (-19) LOSER

Air Force (+18.5) LOSER

UTEP (-10) LOSER

San Diego St (-23.5) LOSER

Arizona (-6.5) WINNER

Late Summary, including Added plays...

6-12; -7.2 units

Edit: Additional plays

Navy (+7) WINNER

Clemson (-4) WINNER

LSU (+5) LOSER

Stanford (-36) LOSER

Air Force 2nd H (+7.5) LOSER

UTEP 2nd H (-6.5)@-115 LOSER

San Diego St 2nd h (-10)@-115 LOSER

Arizona 2nd H (-1)@-115 WINNER

CFL

Winnipeg (-6) LOSER

Saskatchewan (-3) LOSER

MLB

Philadelphia (-156) LOSER

Philadelphia Series (-250) LOSER

NHL

Florida (-135) WINNER

New York Rangers (+140) WINNER

Montreal (+110) WINNER

Washington (-270) WINNER

Buffalo (+135) WINNER

Philadelphia (-160) WINNER

Detroit (-215) WINNER

Pittsburgh (-120) LOSER

Dallas (-150) LOSER

Chicago (-210) LOSER

Carolina (+130) WINNER

Colorado (-130) LOSER

San Jose (-150) WINNER

Good luck to all

I'm going to the Northwestern/Mich St game and the weather looks pretty nasty, heavy rain and thunder...might take the under 54.

I'm going to the Northwestern/Mich St game and the weather looks pretty nasty, heavy rain and thunder...might take the under 54.

Not going to stop Michigan State running the ball, or Northwesterns 3 yard passes

I liked NW to cover initially, now I kind of like Mich St with there ability to run...I liked the under even before this weather stuff!

*Just dropped to 53.5

Wow just a focking brutal loss on the Idaho game. UP 37-7 just got a stop with 50 seconds left, and Idaho fumbles the ball on 1st down. 3 plays later N.Mexico scores a 28 yard TD

Wow just a focking brutal loss on the Idaho game. UP 37-7 just got a stop with 50 seconds left, and Idaho fumbles the ball on 1st down. 3 plays later N.Mexico scores a 28 yard TD

Not really pissed since having a decent day, but wow this has to be one of the worst beats ever. To lose on a kneel down fumble..

Not really pissed since having a decent day, but wow this has to be one of the worst beats ever. To lose on a kneel down fumble..

I had to suffer through Idaho AND Baylor getting backdoored at the same time. But things tend to even out. I lucked out with Michigan St, so I'm trying to keep sane while I resist the urge to smash my remote against my forehed until I pass out or I'm holding a handful of bloody plastic.

I had to suffer through Idaho AND Baylor getting backdoored at the same time. But things tend to even out. I lucked out with Michigan St, so I'm trying to keep sane while I resist the urge to smash my remote against my forehed until I pass out or I'm holding a handful of bloody plastic.

Yep people are pissed about all 3 of those, although MSU wasn't as bad as the other two

Yep people are pissed about all 3 of those, although MSU wasn't as bad as the other two

I'm not happy because Baylor nearly doubled up Kansas St in total yards and didn't cover, but things even. No way could I expect Virginia to cover -24 at the half, yet they kick a FG very late and cover.

Sh!t is sh!t. I'm interested to read further into the Idaho game, a game completely off the radar. Could they have intentionally fumbled to allow New Mex St a chance to cover? That game wasn't on any TV channel that I have, and I have 80% or higher of the games I bet on somewhere on a channel that I get. Of course, I'm talking about a fix. I fixed a college basketball game once, so I can tell everybody for sure that some sporting events are fixed.

I'm not happy because Baylor nearly doubled up Kansas St in total yards and didn't cover, but things even. No way could I expect Virginia to cover -24 at the half, yet they kick a FG very late and cover.

Sh!t is sh!t. I'm interested to read further into the Idaho game, a game completely off the radar. Could they have intentionally fumbled to allow New Mex St a chance to cover? That game wasn't on any TV channel that I have, and I have 80% or higher of the games I bet on somewhere on a channel that I get. Of course, I'm talking about a fix. I fixed a college basketball game once, so I can tell everybody for sure that some sporting events are fixed.

I misread the play by play, the guy muffed the punt so not as bad...

I misread the play by play, the guy muffed the punt so not as bad...

Off the top of my head, I got backdoored in

Idaho

Baylor

Toledo

Toledo UNDER

Iowa

Mississippi

LSU

Vanderbilt

Basically, games I was covering (Iowa pushing) in the final moments of the 4th quarter, with bad results. I guess if you bet enough games, it's bound to happen. Doesn't ever seem to even out. I can't find enough games where I had good fortune to equal half of the bad beats. And the night isn't over yet.

Good luck.

Saturday, in time order, 1 unit each. Will keep an edit section at bottom for any additions for football.

NCAA Football

Early

Virginia Tech (-27) WINNER

Temple (-7.5) WINNER

Michigan St (-6) WINNER

Pittsburgh (-13) WINNER

Syracuse (+13.5) WINNER

Illinois (-13.5) WINNER

Iowa St (+20.5) WINNER

Mississippi (+10) LOSER

Maryland (+4) WINNER

Ohio U (-2.5) WINNER