Sign in to follow this  
ckunkle

Is Fred Jackson worthy of a pick up?

Fred Jackson passed waivers today and is available in the FA. Should I pick him up?

Here is my team

Rivers, Flacco

CJ, McCoy, Felix, Ronnie Brown, Pierre Thomas

Colston, DJax, Smith (CAR), Mike Williams (TB), Mike WIlliams (SEA)

Cooley

Who should I drop?

1 Point PPR league

START:

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R

Again, leave a link.

Fred Jackson put up good numbers last year when he was allowed to pretty much carry the load, also caught passes quite a bit. But this year they have Spiller for that so his PPR upside might be pretty low. Could be argued that he'll get more running room now that the Bills passing game isnt looking like complete garbage.

If I were to add him I'd probably drop Thomas. I thought maybe Felix Jones too at first because of Romo going down but Felix is huge in PPR and they might try to feed him more now. The Cowboys adjust mid-game about as well as my Vikings (so, not well), so that's probably why they did not do this against the Giants.

Pierre Thomas is STILL injured, reports are that the coaching staff is irritated that he is still injured, and he may lose touches quite a bit when he does come back (Chris Ivory has played decent and Bush should be back too, who was already taking quite a few series for himself before his own injury).

You've got good depth at RB so I don't think it's a huge deal either way, but I think Fred Jackson is a solid pickup.