Sign in to follow this  
WiljenFC

#1 Rated TE during playoff weeks

Got a great team going but would like to trade into a better TE for the playoffs.

Roethlisberger/Vick

R.White/D.Jackson/S.Smith(Car)/P.Crayton

R.Rice/F.Gore/A.Foster/R.Torian

Z.Miller

Thinking of trying to bundle Torain/Smith for Gates or who?

I think you have the right trade idea. Gates would be a huge pick-up, and you already have to great WR that you would keep. That sounds pretty even to me, plus Gates plays when he is healthy or hurt, so that's a plus.

Yes indeed. Miller is a perfectly good TE, but if you can get Gates for Torain/Smith (or, say, Torain/Miller if he wants a TE back), I'd definitely do it. But if you can't get Gates, I'd stand pat. I don't think there are any other TEs out there that will be significantly better than Miller. Gates is in a league of his own.

Here's mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=375269

If your league starts 3 WR I'd package Smith and Torrain and see if you can get an upgrade at WR. Miller will do fine for you. If you can land Gates, I'm with the others, that would be a good pick up too

i would stick with miller if the gates owner doesn't bite - other options to target might be:

witten

hernandez (might not have to give up both)

V. Davis

Miller seems to be getting options and the occasional TD's.

thanks for mine.

I understand your want for a better TE, but you have nothing to worry about. QB troubles almost always HELP a TE, and that is exactly what is going on in Oakland. I really like Zach Miller and I think you should hold onto him. Without a doubt I would offer up that trade to the Gates owner, but I do not see him taking it unless he is REALLY hurting at RB and needs Torain. But besides that, I would roll with Miller and use Smith/Torain as matchup-based players (I really like Smith if Moore keeps throwing well and Gettis/Lafell become a threat)!

Thanks for mine

Thanks for help on mine,

You certainly have a popular target with Miller, of course Gates would be an upgrade but not worth killing the team for. Campbell or Bruce pulling the trigger is not a drop off for Miller as they both love throwing to him and really don't have alot of other receiving options.

I would make that offer for Gates, but if I was the Gates owner i wouldn't take it. I don't think your so bad off with Miller. Dustin Keller has also played well, you might be able to get him for less.