Sign in to follow this  
rapala

Delanie Walker

I would like some opinions on this guy. Just picked him off waiver's, he has had two good weeks in a row. One of which V. Davis was injured. Last week both had equal amount of targets and Walker outperformed Davis. I don't get to watch them play, so i was wondering how many reps he got last game. Does he only play in 2 TE sets or do they often use that formation to compansate the lack of receiver's they have. He also seems to have chemistry with T. Smith.

I guess not too many of you have heard about this guy. The past two games he leads his team receiving, i'm sure the QB change has help those numbers. His not even listed in the projections by the so called fantasy experts, which i think is crazy. I checked him out on youtube and this guy is a WR playing TE, he played WR in college. Theres a clip from 2 years ago where he returned a punt for a TD. I just hope he keeps this up because TE's are hard to find, i lost J. Finley and have been scrambling all year to find a decent replacement.

Walker was in for 30 snaps last week (can't find VD's snap count) and he pretty much equaled Davis' production, although Vernon had a 43-yd TD called back for holding. He only plays in 2-TE sets, but the new OC is using those more often. Walker is a very good receiver and will have good games like these last couple weeks, but I wouldn't expect numbers like that every week. Not a bad flyer to take, though.

Niners homer here.

Walker has great speed and good hands and I think it is safe to say that he would be the #1 pass-catching TE on most teams. Unfortunately he plays behind VD. That said he does see a lot of snaps and he has also been one of their go to guys for a reverse, so he is used in the run game sparingly as well. At the end of the day he is going to be very streaky from a fantasy perspective. Just so much to go around in SF who as most know is not one of the elite passing teams in the league.

Funny side story, we stayed at a hotel close to the ‘stick after the MNF game against Arizona last year. Both VD and Walker were there along with a couple other players. They were all hanging out in the hotel bar, although the players weren’t drinking (much). VD was quiet and kept to himself and we did not talk to him other than saying ‘nice game’ when we first saw him. Walker on the other hand was very outgoing and we talked to him for a bit. My buddy complains “why do they always give you the reverse,” and I respond “he is the second fastest guy on the team! (second to VD!)” He says “that’s right!”

/rant