Sign in to follow this  
gotoneros

Mike Tolbert

If I was in charge, I'd let this guy keep the starting job even when Mathews comes back. Tolbert seems to be able to do it all from pounding the ball inside, cutting the corners, and can even get it done catching the ball. What is most impressive though is the speed he has for being such a big honkin dude. Its not like he's a big lumbering sack out there, and I even noticed a little high steppin on one carry last night by the goal line. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned Mathews can take the rest of the year off to heal. :wave: In the press conference last night Norv seemed to confirm this when he said that the run game for the last 2-3 weeks has allowed the pass game to thrive, so I'm thinking Tolbert may have landed himself a starting gig even when Mathews comes back. Fantasy issues aside, I really think Turner would be a fool to give the starting job back to Mathews at this point.

Thoughts? :dunno:

Agreed 100%. Yes, I want him to start because he's one of my starting RB's but he is also fun to watch. The guy gives 110% each time he gets the ball.

Matthews should get back in the tub where he belongs.

It definitely means San Diego doesn't have to rush Mathews back again. Ryan is the future of that backfield, no doubt, but he may not be healthy enough to help out this year. Let him sit, learn the pro game, and spell Tolbert if and when he's ready to play.

Honestly I see Tolbert getting the bulk of the carries from here on out. He is clearly the more productive back and healthy. Let that pansy Mathews heal up before he takes his soon to be spot on the bench! :music_guitarred: :pointstosky:

this guy is my saviour. addai went down leaving me with a huge hole...and blamo outta nowhere i got tolbert smashing faces out there and catching fake punt tosses from a kicker...this guy reminds me of the bus...

I see an even split between carries when Mathews comes back this year. And I would urge people to stay away from Mathews completely as he has let me down every game this year. I am finished with him. He is injury prone like hell. As for next year Mathews may finally break out but i will not gamble on him as a top 2 back on my team.