Sign in to follow this  
nasdax33

Does Torain's value go up or down...

Now that Mcnabb has been benched for the likes of Rex, does Torain's value go up or down??? Will the DEF stack the box and dare Rex to make a play?

Why wouldn't they?

Torain is fools gold anyway. I hate dal with a passion, but Washington is a disaster (as evidenced by starting Grossman). They'll likely do nothing offensively and, if they do, it'll most likely be after Torain's pending injury.

I don't know that it affects Torain that much, really. It's not like McNabb was lighting the world on fire after all. And it's not like Grossman is a rookie. Teams know that he can throw a pretty good deep ball, so he can burn them on a long one if they stack the box too much. He makes terrible decisions, and he's going to throw some picks, but...um...that's McNabb's game, too.

Torain was in line for 20-plus carries no matter who is under center, so that hasn't changed. All to say, yeah, Dallas may cheat on the run a little more than they would have with McNabb, but I really don't see it making that much of a difference.

I think the bigger problem to worry about with Torain's fantasy value is the chance that Dallas jumps out to a big, early lead, which is entirely possible.

Why wouldn't they?

Torain is fools gold anyway. I hate dal with a passion, but Washington is a disaster (as evidenced by starting Grossman). They'll likely do nothing offensively and, if they do, it'll most likely be after Torain's pending injury.

this. love how people are running out there acting like torrain is locked in for 120 and 2 tds. Sure he's capable, but there is no consistency there. I understand its late in the year and rbs might be thin, even though this might be the best year in the past 10 as far as not a lot of stud rbs being hurt at all let alone right now, but torrain can just as easily give you a 14-56 performance, and asking for 100+ and a touch is asking too much IMO, aka fools gold...

this. love how people are running out there acting like torrain is locked in for 120 and 2 tds. Sure he's capable, but there is no consistency there. I understand its late in the year and rbs might be thin, even though this might be the best year in the past 10 as far as not a lot of stud rbs being hurt at all let alone right now, but torrain can just as easily give you a 14-56 performance, and asking for 100+ and a touch is asking too much IMO, aka fools gold...

Who said that Torain was good for 120/2? Or even 100/1? I think 100 and a score would be the absolute best-case that you could hope from him.

I said, and I think it's true, that Grossman under center doesn't really change Torain's value that much. All that means is that Torain is still a decent RB3/Flex play. Maybe a low-end RB2, although I wouldn't feel good about having him there. Maybe Grossman under center may diminish unrealistic expectations that people had for Torain, but as far as actual value, I don't think it changes much.

I don't know what to do this week. I was all aboard the Torain Train until Sexy Rex was named the starter. My options are pretty week as Addai being hurt has killed me all season. Hightower vs Carolina, Brown vs JAX is what I am stuck with....

McNabb looked pretty crappy all year...but Sexy Rex is a turn over machine. The Skins pass defense is weak so if Dallas gets up Torain could be worthless...

I don't know what to do this week. I was all aboard the Torain Train until Sexy Rex was named the starter. My options are pretty week as Addai being hurt has killed me all season. Hightower vs Carolina, Brown vs JAX is what I am stuck with....

McNabb looked pretty crappy all year...but Sexy Rex is a turn over machine. The Skins pass defense is weak so if Dallas gets up Torain could be worthless...

Ain't doing it. Shanny is the devil. He started Rex, what makes you think Torain is gonna get all the carries?

Dallas is going ot go 10 in the box and 1 safety. W/ Grossman's history, he'll still find a way to throw three picks.

Who said that Torain was good for 120/2? Or even 100/1? I think 100 and a score would be the absolute best-case that you could hope from him.

I said, and I think it's true, that Grossman under center doesn't really change Torain's value that much. All that means is that Torain is still a decent RB3/Flex play. Maybe a low-end RB2, although I wouldn't feel good about having him there. Maybe Grossman under center may diminish unrealistic expectations that people had for Torain, but as far as actual value, I don't think it changes much.

lots of people are plugging him in over other decent options that have been far more consistent all year. Even my opponent in 1 league pulled felix jones for him. Now felix hasn't proved much all year, but since the coaching change and especially since the barbarian went down, felix has been getting solid touches, and washington's D has all but given up on the season. Boggles my mind, but I'm not going to complain. However I'm seeing people plug him in over the likes of mccoy or fred jackson. Hella dumb IMO...