Sign in to follow this  
yyz2112

Brutal choice

I survived the first round of the playoffs, but I've got serious receiver issues this week. I'm playing DeSean Jackson and SEA Mike Williams. I need one more between Earl Bennett, Johnny Knox, and Sidney Rice. A few more can be found through the wire if you don't like any of those - JAX Mike Thomas, Nate Washington, Danny Amendola, Davone Bess, Joe Webb (who can be a WR in my Yahoo league.) Scoring is non-PPR, 10 yds/pt.

Are you as desperate as me? Leave a link and I'll see what I can do.

I'm in a similar situation. I am leaning toward Webb because of the below mentioned link a found..

'Gregg Rosenthal has already talked about Joe Webb in Goal Line Stand. Evan Silva is going to break down the situation in his Matchup Column. Here is my rant on the matter, which is stirring big controversy in almost all my leagues:

Webb was a crazy athletic quarterback at UAB who was the 2009 C-USA Player of the Year. He played a little receiver in college and was expected to be moved to receiver full time when the Vikings first drafted him. But they quickly scrapped that idea, putting the prospect at quarterback full time.

Fast forward seven months, and Yahoo fantasy leagues still have Webb with WR eligibility (ESPN and CBS leagues have Webb as QB only). And thanks to all the Vikings' quarterback injuries, there is a very strong chance he will start at QB Monday. Is it unethical, or cheap to use a QB at WR? Maybe. But Marques Colston was listed as a TE his rookie year. And Danny Woodhead has had WR eligibility all year. Yahoo's error is your gain.

Will Webb faceplant? There's a very good chance. The Bears defensive is among the league's best and this game may be played outside in horrid conditions due to the Metrodome disaster. But Webb will run for at least 40 yards thanks to his athleticism, and throwing for 150 yards isn't that hard. Even Jimmy Clausen can do that. Webb is a good bet for at least one touchdown, rushing or throwing, as well.

In other words, assuming Webb does officially get the nod at quarterback, I think he's going to put up more points than most of the WR3s out there this week. Let's say Webb produces those numbers I just mentioned. In most leagues, that's four points for the rushing, six points for the passing and four points for a passing touchdown. 14 total points, minus the turnovers of course. A receiver in a non-PPR league would have to have a very nice day to get there. And that's an extremely conservative estimate for Webb

Nate Washington could be a great play vs the Texans lack of secondary. Britt may draw all the attention?