Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

15 round live veteran-only draft

Recapping the 1st 6 rounds, it was:

1.01 Chris Johnson - Silent Scope

1.02 Ray Rice - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

1.03 Aaron Rodgers - Cheesehead (naturally)

1.04 Jamaal Charles - San Diego Surfin' Fools

1.05 Arian Foster - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics When Cheese took Rodgers at 1.03 and Foster fell to 1.05, well, what can I say?1.06 Adrian Peterson - Combative Clowns

1.07 Hakeem Nicks - Sunnyvale Shithawks

1.08 Andre Johnson - Yeti Brethren

1.09 Calvin Johnson - Chicago Cobras

1.10 Lesean McCoy - Cincinnati Prancers

1.11 Darren McFadden - Cincinnati Prancers

1.12 Maurice Jones-Drew - ColourHaze

2.01 Mike Wallace - ColourHaze

2.02 Roddy White - HitNRun

2.03 Larry Fitzgerald - HitNRun

2.04 Matt Forte - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics

2.05 Rashard Mendenhall - Yeti Brethren

2.06 Greg Jennings - Sunnyvale Shithawks

2.07 Peyton Hillis - Cheesehead

2.08 Jermichael Finley - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics

2.09 Dwayne Bowe - San Diego Surfin' Fools

2.10 Frank Gore - HitNRun, pick obtained from Sunnyvale Shithawks

2.11 Dez Bryant - Chicago Cobras

2.12 DeSean Jackson - Silent Scope

3.01 Mike Vick - Silent Scope

3.02 Miles Austin - HitNRun (ppl are listening to u, G0_Deep)

3.03 Ryan Mathews - Combative Clowns

3.04 Jonathan Stewart - San Diego Surfin' Fools

3.05 Brandon Marshall - Chicago Cobras

3.06 Wes Welker - Cheesehead

3.07 Ahmad Bradshaw - Chicago Cobras

3.08 Steven Jackson - Yeti Brethren

3.09 Vernon Davis - Combative Clowns

3.10 LeGarrett 'smokin' Blount - Sunnyvale Shithawks, pick obtained from HitNRun

3.11 Mike Williams - tb Cincinnati Prancers

3.12 Jeremy Maclin - ColourHaze

4.01 Austin Collie - ColourHaze

4.02 Antonio Gates - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

4.03 Michael Turner - HitNRun

4.04 Jason Witten - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics

4.05 Reggie Wayne - Yeti Brethren

4.06 Kenny Britt - Combative Clowns

4.07 Jahvid Best - Cheesehead Pre-Draft Selection Made

4.08 Stevie Johnson - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

4.09 Vincent Jackson - Silent Scope, obtained from Surfin' Shmucks

4.10 Shon Greene - Sunnyvale Shithawks

4.11 Percy Harvin - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

4.12 Dallas Clark - Silent Scope

5.01 James Starks - Surfin Smucks, obtained from Silent Scope

5.02 Sidney Rice - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

5.03 Santonio Holmes - ColourHaze, obtained from Combative Clowns

5.04 Danny Amendola - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics

5.05 Marques Colston - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

5.06 Monterio Hardesty - Chicago Cobras

5.07 Jimmy Graham - Cincinnati Prancers, obtained from Combative Clowns

5.08 Josh Freeman -The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics, obtained from Jedi Brethren - Here's where i went against what I was preaching earlier and gave up about 50 FPTs versus the older studs!

5.09 Philip Rivers - ColourHaze, obtained from Combative Clowns

5.10 Rob Gronkowski - Surfin' Shmucks

5.11 Brandon Pettigrew - Sunnyvale Shithawks, obtained from HitNRun

5.12 CJ Spiller - ColourHaze

6.01 Michael Crabtree - ColourHaze

6.02 Felix Jones - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

6.03 Drew Brees - Cincinnati Prancers

6.04 Peyton Manning - Chicago Cobras

6.05 Tony Romo - Yeti Brethren

6.06 Matt Ryan - Cheesehead

6.07 Owen Daniels - Cheesehead

6.08 Knowshon Moreno - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

6.09 Zack Miller -Combative Clowns, obtained from Cincinnati Prancers

6.10 Tom Brady - HitNRun

6.11 Ben Roesthlisberger - Sunnyvale Shithawks, obtained from The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

6.12 Marshawn Lynch - Silent Scope

It seems like the draft was looking for a little direction after most of the clear-cut RB and WR picks were gone. And in the mid 5th round, the owners discovered there were things like QBs and WRs. With six rounds over, the runs on TEs and QBs that were started with picks 5.07 and 5.08 took five TEs and eight QBs off the board out of the last 18 total picks.

Oh yea, and two more trades in round 6 - one involving yours truly:

1. Sunnyvale Shithawks gave up Jennings, Greg GBP WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 8.10;Year 2011 Draft Pick 9.02

The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville gave up Johnson, Steve BUF WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 6.11;Year 2011 Draft Pick 7.07

2. Cheesehead gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 8.06;Year 2011 Draft Pick 15.06

The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 9.05;Year 2011 Draft Pick 11.02

It is time to put up rounds 7, 8 & 9:

7.01 Matthew Stafford - Surfin' Shmucks

7.02 Pierre Garcon - Surfin' Shmucks

7.03 Sam Bradford - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

7.04 Joe Flacco - Surfin' Shmucks

7.05 Brandon Lloyd - Combative Clowns

7.06 DeAngelo Williams - Chicago Cobras

7.07 Anquan Boldin - Sunnyvale Shithawks, obtained from The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

7.08 Cedric Benson - Yeti Brethren

7.09 Mercedes Lewis - Yeti Brethren, obtained from Combative Clowns

7.10 Mike Thomas - Cheesehead

7.11 Ryan Grant - HitNRun

7.12 Chris Wells - ColourHaze

8.01 Jermaine Gresham - Combative Clowns

8.02 Kellen Winslow - HitNRun

8.03 Mike Goodson - Cheesehead

8.04 Tony Moeaki - Chicago Cobras

8.05 Matt Schaub - Combative Clowns, obtained from Yeti Brethren

8.06 Eli Manning - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics - My gamble to open the QBs up with Freeman looks much better now that he's coupled with Eli. Since I had the big hole in my board between 5.08 and this pick, I thought it was time to start the parade. I was hoping Eli would be there with this pick and he was. The QB run is virtually over now and I got the guy with the best complementary schedule with Freeman. I already explained why I took Freeman. I believe ppl are under-projecting him significantly this year. Now I'm lovnin' my QBs, RBs, and TE's. Oh, yea, where are my WRs?

8.07 Jacoby Ford - Cincinnati Prancers

8.08 Johnny Knox - Yeti Brethren

8.09 Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis - Silent Scope

8.10 Chris Cooley - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville, obtained from Sunnyvale Shithawks

8.11 Mario Manningham - Surfin' Shmucks

8.12 Ryan Torain - Silent Scope

9.01 Mike X Wiliams - Silent Scope

9.02 Jay Cutler - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville, obtained from Sunnyvale Shithawks

9.03 Aaron Hernandez - Cincinnati Prancers

9.04 Jared Cook - Surfin' Shmucks

9.05 Steve Smith NYG - Cheesehead

9.06 Jordy Nelson - Cincinnati Prancers

9.07 Emmanuel Sanders - Cheesehead

9.08 Jerome Simpson - Combative Clowns, obtained from Yeti Brethren

9.09 Arrelious Benn - Chicago Cobras

9.10 Joseph Addai - Cincinnati Prancers

9.11 Dustin Keller - HitNRun

9.12 Lance Moore - ColourHaze

As prancers said, I was extremely suprised that the QB/TEs lasted so long. Pre-draft I was expecting 3-4 more QBs and 1-3 more TEs to go before the 5th driving the 10-25 WRs right into my lap. Obviously, I was mistaken. 5.03 rolled around and one of the final WRs I had targeted (Rice) went at 5.02. I had two choices: take a crabtree or holmes/then grab the top of the 2nd Tier TE and QB; or make a move to get a solid WR2 with upside both in production and trade value (Maclin), reposition to grab the bottom of the 2nd Tier TEs (Z.Miller), and QB (TBD). Really happy with how it turned out, as I love Maclin and appearently had Miller alot higher on my TE list than my leaguemates ;)

Still, the next couple rounds is what seperates the men from the boys :)

CC

I'd say Jason Witten and Antonio Gates are absolute steals in the 4th round of this format. Especially Witten. 4 year averages of 92 receptions, 1033 yards, 5-6 TD's. And after last season, he seemed to be used a lot more in the red zone. He is a high end WR1 in this format. Same with Gates, who has the upside for even bigger seasons than Witten, but has been derailed by injuries far too often. Witten is 29 years old, but I see no reason he doesn't have another 4-5 years of solid production left him.

Also shocked that the QB's fell so far. I am someone who always waits on QB's, but Brees, Brady, and Manning in the 6th round is an astounding drop. Same with Rivers in the 5th round. Josh Freeman is obviously young with a ton of potential, but I don't think I could of passed on the guarenteed points that the big names give you. I understand it's a dynasty league, but I'm always playing to win right now.

I'd say Jason Witten and Antonio Gates are absolute steals in the 4th round of this format. Especially Witten. 4 year averages of 92 receptions, 1033 yards, 5-6 TD's. And after last season, he seemed to be used a lot more in the red zone. He is a high end WR1 in this format. Same with Gates, who has the upside for even bigger seasons than Witten, but has been derailed by injuries far too often. Witten is 29 years old, but I see no reason he doesn't have another 4-5 years of solid production left him.

Also shocked that the QB's fell so far. I am someone who always waits on QB's, but Brees, Brady, and Manning in the 6th round is an astounding drop. Same with Rivers in the 5th round. Josh Freeman is obviously young with a ton of potential, but I don't think I could of passed on the guarenteed points that the big names give you. I understand it's a dynasty league, but I'm always playing to win right now.

The QB scoring format also contributed to the drop of QB picks imo. 1 pt per 20 yards, 4 pts per TD.

The QB scoring format also contributed to the drop of QB picks imo. 1 pt per 20 yards, 4 pts per TD.

I agree, but I still think the top guys can get you a 50-60 point gain over the QB's in the #7-12 range. I would of been very happy to snag a Rivers, Brees, Brady, or Manning in the 4th round or later, and this is coming from someone who is almost always the last person to draft a QB. I just think that's very good value at that point.

I love AP, I took AP, but he certainly has more miles than charles/rice/foster. I think there is an argument Btwn any of the first 5-6 rbs being #1 overall this year

AP at 1.06 is crazy!! 3rd RB off the board.. am I the only one who thinks this?

I think this is only because of AP's lower total receptions in a PPR league. He still isn't a very good pass catching back. 35-40 receptions is much better than the 20 receptions you got his first two years in the league, but it's not on par with some of the top RB's. Foster, Rice, CJ, and Charles all get a likely 15-35 point jump on AP from the beginning due to their receptions.

Definitely could argue for AP over them all, but I don't think AP at 1.6 is that crazy either. I actually would probably have AP ranked 5th in this format at the RB position. A furthur example is the FFToday projections that were recently released would have him finishing 7th amongst RB's in this format.

I bounced my rd 5 Freeman pick off 3 of my fantasy friends. One loved it - both the pick and the timing for strategic reasons (given my immense hole in the middle rounds with no picks), one just hated it (what, did you have a brain fart?), and the third just said "sometimes you just have to go with your gut." Which pretty much sums up my feeling about the pick. Yes i know i gave up 35-50 FPTS to the big 4 QBs who were left on the board. I prefer to believe it is less than 35 though, which is why I chose my guy.

Round seven saw one more trade go down:

Yeti Brethren gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 8.05;Year 2011 Draft Pick 9.08;Year 2011 Draft Pick 16.05

Combative Clowns gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 7.09;Year 2011 Draft Pick 10.06;Year 2011 Draft Pick 16.06

After seven rounds, guys are looking to fill their holes in their rosters. Mine is definitely WR, but I'm not in any hurry to fill it. I'm going to just take what the draft gives me and trade for the rest.These middle rounds are hard, but I don't have to worry about that. My 8.06 (that I traded up for) is strategically important for me to nail. It is my only pick between 5.08 and 10.08. It shouldn't be long, and I'm looking forward to seeing the choices I'm facing when I get there.

Rounds 8 and 9 and no trades! See my comments next to my Eli pick: I think I took most of the risk out of my "brain fart". And for a Monday work day, this draft is zipping right along.

After virtually sitting out since round 5, I'm back in business with a pick in each of these next 3 rounds. Here are rounds 10, 11 & 12:

10.01 Davone Bess - ColourHaze

10.02 Tim Tebow - HitNRun

10.03 Michael Bush- Cincinnati Prancers

10.04 Pierre Thomas - Chicago Cobras

10.05 Tony Gonzalez - Yeti Brethren

10.06 Anthony Armstrong - Yeti Brethren

10.07 Mike Sims-Walker - Cheesehead Pre-Draft Selection Made

10.08 Fred Jackson - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics - Who needs WRs anyway? Seriously, he was my target for RB 3 based on my 'hole in the middle'. I counted on his age to allow him to fall to the 10th, and fortunately for me, he did. There was really no other RB left on the board capable of giving me 185 pts of 'bankable' production as a RB 3. I'm ecstatic with Foster, Forte and Fred as my RBs.

10.09 Mike Tolbert - Surfin' Schmucks

10.10 Matt Cassel - Sunnyvale Shithawks

10.11 Braylon Edwards - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

10.12 Brent Celek - Silent Scope

11.01 Green Bay Defense - Silent Scope

11.02 Jacob Tamme - Cheesehead

11.03 Jordan Shipley - Cheesehead, acquired from The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

11.04 Pittsburgh Steeler Defense - Surfin' Schmucks

11.05 Santana Moss - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics - I still have a serious problem at WR, but I feel much better with Santana in my shopping cart. Like Fred Jackson in the 10th, Moss' advanced age allowed him to drop to round 11. I feel like he's the best of the 'rental' WRs and that he's still capable of 190-200 fantasy points in PPR if he re-signs with Washington, and possibly even more if he goes somewhere else. My big problem is that I think he's the last of the reasonably bankable production at WR, and so I'll be short one dependable WR coming out of this expansion draft. And Amendola and Santana won't exactly strike fear in the hearts of my opponents this fall!

11.06 New York Jets Defense - Cheesehead

11.07 Steve Smith CAR - Cincinnati Prancers

11.08 Robert Meachem - Yeti Brethren

11.09 Mark Sanchez- Chicago Cobras

11.10 Reggie Bush - Cincinnati Prancers

11.11 Kevin Kolb - HitNRun

11.12 Ryan Fitzpatrick - ColourHaze

12.01 Ben Tate - ColourHaze

12.02 Brandon Jacobs - HitNRun

12.03 Donald Brown - Combative Clowns

12.04 Greg Olsen - Chicago Cobras

12.05 Colt McCoy - Yeti Brethren

12.06 Danario Alexander - Combative Clowns

12.07 Dexter McCluster - Cincinnati Prancers

12.08 Bernard Scott - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics - I consider him the best player available at this juncture. He'll be gold if Benson doesn't re-sign, and even if he does, Scott deserves more work, IMO. Now i hope he gets it!

12.09 Malcom Floyd - Surfin' Schmucks

12.10 Toby Gerhart - Combative Clowns, obtained from Sunnyvale Shithawks

12.11 Deion Branch - HitNRun

12.12 David Garrard - Silent Scope

With round 12 drawing to a close, I can only say that my draft strategy of trading up for premium picks early might have paid off (you be the judge when this thing is over), but it is definitely not for the faint of heart. I really had to scramble and get a little lucky to avoid the disaster of lacking the depth you usually get from those middle rounds. While I'm not out of the woods just yet, going against the grain by picking up these 'old farts' like Eli, F Jax, and S Moss may have bailed me out a little.

The Ugly: :wall:

What is the deal with "Mauve Avengers of Monroeville" one pick in the first three rounds???? Who bent this guy over in trades? If he gets the first 5 picks of the 4th round I might be ok with it but I hate what he has done currently.

Woooo! I own the ugly column!

I think mauve is garbage!

I know you are kidding. I haven't analyzed his picks as a complete team but I did like many of his mid-round picks. After this draft is over, I'll put together the picks by team and we will get the fftoday 'bored' here to vote on the draft that they liked the best.

It is 1:30 pm. I just woke up to go to the bathroom and I thought I'd check......Here are 3 guys on still on the league site - waiting for me to approve a trade - at the end of the 12th round!!! These guys are hard core.

We've now done 2 more trades:

RD 11: The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 11.03;Year 2011 Draft Pick 18.08

Cheesehead gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 13.06;Year 2011 Draft Pick 17.06

RD 12: Combative Clowns gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 13.09;Year 2011 Draft Pick 13.10

Sunnyvale Shithawks gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 12.10;Year 2011 Draft Pick 15.03

There's no way I would have thought this draft would be done on Tuesday.

Here's the order of the Final 3 rounds (And yes, I've got 5 picks left):

13.01 Demaryius Thomas - Silent Scope

13.02 Rashad Jennings - Sunnyvale Shithawks

13.03 Danny Woodhead - Sunnyvale Shithawks

13.04 Earl Bennett - Surfin' Schmucks

13.05 Derrick Mason - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics - Staying with my theme of age versus beauty, I chose the ageless wonder for my WR3. I'm hoping to get something out of him before I have to call in the reinforcements.

13.06 Chad Ocho Cinco - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

13.07 New York Giants Defense - Chicago Cobras

13.08 Brandon Tate - Yeti Brethren

13.09 Heath Miller - Sunnyvale Shithawks, obtained from Combative Clowns

13.10 Ronnie Brown - Sunnyvale Shithawks, obtained from Combative Clowns

13.11 Mark Clayton - HitNRun

13.12 Chris Ivory - ColourHaze

14.01 New England Patriots Defense - ColourHaze

14.02 Randy Moss - HitNRun

14.03 Donny Avery - Cincinnati Prancers

14.04 Detroit Lions Defense - Chicago Cobras

14.05 Eric Decker - Yeti Brethren

14.06 LaDanian Tomlinson - Combative Clowns

14.07 Anthony Dixon - Cheesehead

14.08 Plaxico Burress - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics - To go with my collection of S Moss and D Mason.

14.09 Ben Watson - Surfin' Schmucks

14.10 James Jones - Sunnyvale Shithawks

14.11 Terrell Owens - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

14.12 Jason Campbell - Silent Scope

15.01 Carson Palmer - Silent Scope

15.02 David Gettis - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

15.03 Golden Tate - Sunnyvale Shithawks

15.04 Andre Roberts - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics

15.05 David Nelson - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics

15.06 Dorin Dickerson - The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics

15.07 Louis Murphy - Sunnyvale Shithawks

15.08 Chicago Bears Defense - Yeti Brethren

15.09 Nate Burleson - Chicago Cobras

15.10 Kyle Orton - Cincinnati Prancers

15.11 Darren Sproles - The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

15.12 Todd Heap - ColourHaze

With the draft winding down it was time to take some shots: Burress is a home-run or stike out pick, while Roberts, Nelson and Dickerson all have one year of developmental eligibility left if i don't place then on the active roster this year. I think all 3 have upside.

In the week prior to the draft and the 5 days of the draft we hand an incredible 24 total trades! Here's how everyone's rosters look after the draft.

The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics

1. Freeman, Josh TBB QB 8

2. Manning, Eli NYG QB 7

3. Forte, Matt CHI RB 8

4. Foster, Arian HOU RB 11

5. Jackson, Fred BUF RB 7

6. Scott, Bernard CIN RB 7

7. Amendola, Danny STL WR 5

8. Burress, Plaxico FA* WR

9. Dickerson, Dorin HOU WR 11

10. Mason, Derrick BAL WR 5

11. Moss, Santana WAS WR 5

12. Nelson, David BUF WR 7

13. Roberts, Andre ARI WR 6

14. Finley, Jermichael GBP TE 8

15. Witten, Jason DAL TE 5

Have rookie picks 2.05, 3.04, 4.02, 4.05

Surfin' Schmucks

1. Flacco, Joe BAL QB 5

2. Stafford, Matthew DET QB 9

3. Charles, Jamaal KCC RB 6

4. Starks, James GBP RB 8

5. Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB 9

6. Tolbert, Mike SDC RB 6

7. Bennett, Earl CHI WR 8

8. Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR 6

9. Floyd, Malcom SDC WR 6

10. Garcon, Pierre IND WR 11

11. Manningham, Mario NYG WR 7

12. Cook, Jared TEN TE 6

13. Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 7

14. Watson, Ben CLE TE 5

15. Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def 11

Have rookie picks 1.09, 2.04, 3.06, 4.04

HitNRun

1. Brady, Tom NEP QB 7

2. Kolb, Kevin PHI QB 7

3. Tebow, Tim DEN QB 6

4. Gore, Frank SFO RB 7

5. Grant, Ryan GBP RB 8

6. Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB 7

7. Turner, Michael ATL RB 8

8. Austin, Miles DAL WR 5

9. Branch, Deion NEP WR 7

10. Clayton, Mark STL WR 5

11. Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR 6

12. Moss, Randy TEN WR 6

13. White, Roddy ATL WR 8

14. Keller, Dustin NYJ TE 8

15. Winslow, Kellen TBB TE 8

Have rookie picks 2.11, 4.03, 4.10, 4.11

Silent Scope

1. Campbell, Jason OAK QB 8

2. Garrard, David JAC QB 9

3. Palmer, Carson CIN QB 7

4. Vick, Michael PHI QB 7

5. Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB 7

6. Johnson, Chris TEN RB 6

7. Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB 6

8. Torain, Ryan WAS RB 5

9. Jackson, DeSean PHI WR 7

10. Jackson, Vincent SDC WR 6

11. Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR 6

12. Williams, Mike SEA WR 6

13. Celek, Brent PHI TE 7

14. Clark, Dallas IND TE 11

15. Packers, Green Bay GBP Def 8

Have rookie picks 1.12, 2.01, 3.12, 4.01

Combative Clowns

1. Schaub, Matt HOU QB 11

2. Brown, Donald IND RB 11

3. Gerhart, Toby MIN RB 9

4. Mathews, Ryan SDC RB 6

5. Peterson, Adrian MIN RB 9

6. Tomlinson, LaDainian NYJ RB 8

7. Alexander, Danario STL WR 5

8. Britt, Kenny TEN WR 6

9. Lloyd, Brandon DEN WR 6

10. Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR 7

11. Simpson, Jerome CIN WR 7

12. Tate, Golden SEA WR 6

13. Davis, Vernon SFO TE 7

14. Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE 7

15. Miller, Zach OAK TE 8

Have rookie picks 1.04 1.05, 3.02, 3.06

Sunnyvale Shithawks

1. Cassel, Matt KCC QB 6

2. Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 11

3. Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB 8

4. Brown, Ronnie MIA RB 5

5. Greene, Shonn NYJ RB 8

6. Jennings, Rashad JAC RB 9

7. Woodhead, Danny NEP RB 7

8. Boldin, Anquan BAL WR 5

9. Colston, Marques NOS WR 11

10. Johnson, Steve BUF WR 7

11. Jones, James GBP WR 8

12. Murphy, Louis OAK WR 8

13. Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR 7

14. Miller, Heath PIT TE 11

15. Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE 9

Have rookie picks 2.10, 3.10, 3.11, 4.07

Cheesehead

1. Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 8

2. Ryan, Matt ATL QB 8

3. Best, Jahvid DET RB 9

4. Dixon, Anthony SFO RB 7

5. Goodson, Mike CAR RB 9

6. Hillis, Peyton CLE RB 5

7. Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR 11

8. Shipley, Jordan CIN WR 7

9. Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR 9

10. Smith, Steve NYG WR 7

11. Thomas, Mike JAC WR 9

12. Welker, Wes NEP WR 7

13. Daniels, Owen HOU TE 11

14. Tamme, Jacob IND TE 11

15. Jets, New York NYJ Def 8

Have rookie picks 3.03, 3.07, 3.08, 4.06

Yeti Brethren

1. McCoy, Colt CLE QB 5

2. Romo, Tony DAL QB 5

3. Benson, Cedric CIN RB 7

4. Jackson, Steven STL RB 5

5. Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB 11

6. Armstrong, Anthony WAS WR 5

7. Decker, Eric DEN WR 6

8. Johnson, Andre HOU WR 11

9. Knox, Johnny CHI WR 8

10. Meachem, Robert NOS WR 11

11. Tate, Brandon NEP WR 7

12. Wayne, Reggie IND WR 11

13. Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE 8

14. Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE 9

15. Bears, Chicago CHI def

Have rookie picks 1.06, 1.08, 2.08, 4.08

The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville

1. Bradford, Sam STL QB 5

2. Cutler, Jay CHI QB 8

3. Jones, Felix DAL RB 5

4. Moreno, Knowshon DEN RB 6

5. Rice, Ray BAL RB 5

6. Sproles, Darren SDC RB 6

7. Edwards, Braylon NYJ WR 8

8. Gettis, David CAR WR 9

9. Harvin, Percy MIN WR 9

10. Jennings, Greg GBP WR 8

11. Ochocinco, Chad CIN WR 7

12. Owens, Terrell CIN WR 7

13. Rice, Sidney MIN WR 9

14. Cooley, Chris WAS TE 5

15. Gates, Antonio SDC TE 6

Have rookie picks 1.11, 2.02, 2.03, 2.06

Chicago Cobras

1. Manning, Peyton IND QB 11

2. Sanchez, Mark NYJ QB 8

3. Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB 7

4. Hardesty, Montario CLE RB 5

5. Thomas, Pierre NOS RB 11

6. Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB 9

7. Benn, Arrelious TBB WR 8

8. Bryant, Dez DAL WR 5

9. Burleson, Nate DET WR 9

10. Johnson, Calvin DET WR 9

11. Marshall, Brandon MIA WR 5

12. Moeaki, Tony KCC TE 6

13. Olsen, Greg CHI TE 8

14. Giants, New York NYG Def 7

15. Lions, Detroit DET Def 9

Have rookie picks 1.07, 2.04, 3.04, 4.09

Colour Haze

Have rookie picks 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 4.12

1. Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF QB 7

2. Rivers, Philip SDC QB 6

3. Ivory, Christopher NOS RB 11

4. Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB 9

5. Spiller, C.J. BUF RB 7

6. Tate, Ben HOU RB 11

7. Wells, Chris ARI RB 6

8. Bess, Davone MIA WR 5

9. Collie, Austin IND WR 11

10. Crabtree, Michael SFO WR 7

11. Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR 8

12. Moore, Lance NOS WR 11

13. Wallace, Mike PIT WR 11

14. Heap, Todd BAL TE 5

15. Patriots, New England NEP Def 7

Cincinnati Prancers

1. Brees, Drew NOS QB 11

2. Addai, Joseph IND RB 11

3. Bush, Michael OAK RB 8

4. Bush, Reggie NOS RB 11

5. McCluster, Dexter KCC RB 6

6. McCoy, LeSean PHI RB 7

7. McFadden, Darren OAK RB 8

8. Avery, Donnie STL WR 5

9. Ford, Jacoby OAK WR 8

10. Nelson, Jordy GBP WR 8

11. Smith, Steve CAR WR 9

12. Williams, Mike TBB WR 8

13. Graham, Jimmy NOS TE 11

14. Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE 7

15. Orton, Kyle DEN

Have rookie picks 1.02, 1.03, 1.10, 2.07

What are the starting lineup requirements for this league? I didn't see it anywhere but I probably just missed it. I'll give some thoughts when I get chance since this is one of the few good discussions going right now...

Surfin' Schmucks

1. Flacco, Joe BAL QB 5

2. Stafford, Matthew DET QB 9

3. Charles, Jamaal KCC RB 6

4. Starks, James GBP RB 8

5. Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB 9

6. Tolbert, Mike SDC RB 6

7. Bennett, Earl CHI WR 8

8. Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR 6

9. Floyd, Malcom SDC WR 6

10. Garcon, Pierre IND WR 11

11. Manningham, Mario NYG WR 7

12. Cook, Jared TEN TE 6

13. Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE 7

14. Watson, Ben CLE TE 5

15. Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

BOLD = Projected starters with flex to be determined

Surfin' Schmucks here. First ever dynasty draft. Feel free to pick my team apart and wouldnt mind any feedback on team needs and direction. Ive included my thoughts and ideas toward my draft and team.

Had 1.04th pick.

Strengths: Stafford/Charles/Bowe/Gronkowksi nice solid foundation IMHO.

Weakness: Young team. Unproven. Aside from Charles/Bowe. The rest of the squad has shown what they can do, but time will tell if it will be each season or not. Could have used a couple veterans to balance the team. Post rookie draft may lend to mending that problem. Too bad the Commish took up all the washed up talent!! Way to go Pinky! :)

My team can live up to its potential and be dangerous...or flounder and i could be stuck in a quagmire for years.

QB: Mathew Stafford- I think the offense that is around him, the arm he has...that 2011 is his year. Just needs to learn how to fall softer!

Joe Flacco- Had 3 picks in the 7th, went with Stafford then Flacco in the same round. 3 years of QB play is covered. If Stafford gets hurt, im comfy with Flacco leading the Schmucks. Nothing spectacular...but steady.

RB's: Jamaal Charles was a tough pick at 4 with Arian Foster and Adrian Peterson staring me in the face. Wasnt expecting those guys there for me. I think Jamaal takes off this year and doesnt look back. I think the timeshare with Thomas Jones has been good for him. Foster would have been my 2nd choice here (Dont think he's a 1 year wonder, but its not often that the previous yards leader repeats in the NFL), followed by Adrian (More carries in his tank then the other 2, QB situation a small concern). I may regret not going Foster or AP. But i went against the ADP and went with Charles

Jon Stewart--- Let's see what DeAngelo does. If he's gone, then J Stew can flourish. Even if he stays, Jon Stewart is too big a talent not to have some fantasy impact. He's fully healthy going into training camp. Im happy with have him on the squad. Obviously, QB in Carolina a big concern here.

James Starks: This was my spidey senses pick. Very similar finish to 2010 as foster had at the end of 2009. Finished the year strong, on a powerful offense. I think he ends up being rb1 in GB, even if Ryan Grant comes back. He is also elgible for taxi squad, if I choose to save a year of eligibily this year to make sure he does become the man in green bay.

Mike Tolbert- HOMER pick. Im a Chargers fan. I think he's still a big part of the SD offense, but I also think Ryan Mathews has a better year this year and becomes RB1 in SD. Still....happy to have Tolbert on my squad. Reminds me of a younger Michael Turner when he was here in SD

WR's

Dwayne Bowe- One thing thats been consistent with Bowe since his first year has been targets. He's always gotten a ton of them. Im not sure he repeats last years numbers with Weiss gone. But i think he'll be consistent throughout the year. Contract year as well

Pierre Garcon- Indy offense, Austin Collie's health will determine just how valuable Garcon is. But im happy with Pierre. Contract year as well

Mario Manningham- Solidified his spot on the Giants offense last year. Steve Smith gimpy and not guaranteed to come back. Defenses focusing on Hakeem Nicks gives Super Mario room to run

Malcolm Floyd- Hoping he re-signs with the Chargers. Was great when Vincent was being vincent. Wasnt healthy all year, and may end up in a sorry ass offense if leaves via free agency.

Earl Bennet- I liked what he did last year, I think Martz did too. Hoping his targets/catches goes up this year

Tight End:

Gronkowski- I love this kid. Brady does too. WR's are pretty weak in New England. Short passing game benefits the Big Gronkowski. (Eligible for taxi squad but I think im riding this kid the next 3 years)

Jared Cook- Solid end of the season. One of the new breeds of TE. (I plan on taxi squading Jared while Locker learns the position)

Ben Watson- Picked Watson to get me 1-2 years. Decent fantasy play out of the TE position in 1.5 PPR. McCoys main man

Defense- PITT....... take top 3 Defense or a 5th wr? Went with the D. Wont be searching waiver wire for match-up Defenses for the next 3 years. Ill take it

Rookies and free agent draft to follow.

Signed-

The Schmucks!

Gold Stars:

HitNRun :first:

I think this is the team to beat, love that team and what he has done. Older RB's his only weakness but look at those WR's White, Fitzgerald, Miles and Clayton with Moss and Branch as lottery fillers. Brady and Kolb at QB. Homerun of a draft, if he can snag one of the top rookie RB's hes golden. Loaded with trade potential and an instant competitor for the title for the next 2-3 years.

Cincinnat Prancers

Loaded at RB, needs a little help at WR and in desparate need of a QB backup and a young one if possible. That said I like where this team is at.

Silver Stars:

SilentScope

When you look at this team and see 4 QB's you want to scream (I hope there is a mad genius plan at work here), but the rest of the roster is rock solid, he has some holes but I think this team can compete. He could use another WR to solidify his roster.

Chicago Cobras

I like this team but a lot depends on where the RB's end up in free agency. His WR's look good. Needs an upgrade at TE.

Hate to say it but Mauve's roster looks exactly like I was afraid it would with a lot of 4th and 5th round picks. Some old past their prime WR's but at least he locked up the Minnesota passing game. :doh: If he can grab one of the top rookie RB's it would go along way to solidifying his roster and making me eat these words.

What are the starting lineup requirements for this league? I didn't see it anywhere but I probably just missed it. I'll give some thoughts when I get chance since this is one of the few good discussions going right now...

QB's:

1 pt per 20 yards passing

4 pts per TD

-1 PT per INT

RB/WR:

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/recieving

6 pts per TD

-1 per fumble

1 pt per reception

TE

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/recieving

6 pts per TD

-1 pt per fumble

1.5 pts per reception

Starting Line-Up:

QB x 1

RB x 2

WR x 3

TE x 1

K

Def

Flex x 1 (RB/WR/TE)

Gold Stars:

HitNRun :first:

I think this is the team to beat, love that team and what he has done. Older RB's his only weakness but look at those WR's White, Fitzgerald, Miles and Clayton with Moss and Branch as lottery fillers. Brady and Kolb at QB. Homerun of a draft, if he can snag one of the top rookie RB's hes golden. Loaded with trade potential and an instant competitor for the title for the next 2-3 years.

Cincinnat Prancers

Loaded at RB, needs a little help at WR and in desparate need of a QB backup and a young one if possible. That said I like where this team is at.

Silver Stars:

SilentScope

When you look at this team and see 4 QB's you want to scream (I hope there is a mad genius plan at work here), but the rest of the roster is rock solid, he has some holes but I think this team can compete. He could use another WR to solidify his roster.

Chicago Cobras

I like this team but a lot depends on where the RB's end up in free agency. His WR's look good. Needs an upgrade at TE.

Hate to say it but Mauve's roster looks exactly like I was afraid it would with a lot of 4th and 5th round picks. Some old past their prime WR's but at least he locked up the Minnesota passing game. :doh: If he can grab one of the top rookie RB's it would go along way to solidifying his roster and making me eat these words.

I agree with a lot of what you have here. HitNRun is set up very nicely in my opinion next season with Brady and the WR trio to White, Fitz, and Austin. For his sake, hopefully Gore has one more solid season in him. I'm not a fan of Michael Turner in PPR leagues, but as his #2 RB, he could do worse. With Keller/Winslow, he could be giving up several points at the TE position though.

I do love Brees, McCoy, McFadden for the Cincinnati Prancers, but I think he is going to be giving up a lot of points all season at the WR position. Think Graham/Hernandez could be a very solid TE combo though, and both may start for him most weeks.

Silent Scope has the most explosive team in the league in my opinion, but may lack consistency. Vick, CJ, DJax, VJax, Big Mike, and Clark all could provide some big games/weeks. I'm just not as big of a fan of DJax, VJax, and Big Mike in PPR leagues. I don't see any of them catching more than 75-80 passes.

I'm not near as high on the Chicago Cobras. I do not really like Dez Bryant in the 2nd, and I think Hardesty is a big overdraft in the 5th round. I also think he will struggle at RB unless his guys land in the right spots.

I also don't dislike Mauve's roster. The Gates/Cooley combo is pretty nice in this format. You could be looking at high end WR1 numbers from Gates (275+ points) and WR2 numbers from Cooley (200 points). Then I really like Rice and Jennings. But like you said, the depth at RB and WR could be the issue, and he will be giving up some points at QB.

Finally, I'll end with MFM's (Pinksburg Orgasmics) team. I think your sleeping on the capabilities of this team due to the scoring format. Foster and Forte could combine for 130 receptions at the RB position with 1000 total yards RECEIVING. Not to mention the rushing yards (2500 combined?) and total touchdowns (20+ combined). That's a lot of RB production. Then the TE combo is really good in this format. Jason Witten would of outscored every WR but Roddy White in this format last year. Finley has tremendous upside. At TE he might get 160 catches (240 fantasy points). Amendola is another sneaky good pick. He has Wes Welker potential and could catch 100 balls. I'm not a big fan of the depth of this team, but there is a lot of big time point producers on it. The only thing I really disliked was the Josh Freeman in the 5th round pick as stated above. I'd much rather see the extra points from Rivers or Brees there. Just my opinion.

Prancers here (obviously). As I mentioned early in the thread, my strategy centered in large part upon getting a couple stars early in the draft (LeSean McCoy and Darren McFadden) and then gave up my 4th rounder and other stuff to move up a bunch in the rookie draft (which is in a couple months). I feel like its a solid rookie class and then you add in the ability to draft devys still in college, there's a lot of talent to be had there. I was able to get picks 1.02, 1.03, 1.10 and 2.07 in the rookie draft.

Thus, while I think the criticism of my WRs is valid, especially for the upcoming season, I do plan on adding AJ Green and Julio Jones (I assume Ingram will go 1st overall) and should be able to add 2 other pretty highly rated players in the rookie draft as well with 1.10 and 2.07. From my perspective, it didn't make a lot of sense to use invest heavily at WR in the initial draft and used only one early pick on the position (M. Williams in the 3rd).

I'm hoping to be competitive this year and hopefully sneak into the playoffs. I should have a lot of young trading pieces if I feel like I'm close. By the next season, if AJ and Julio are the real deal, my team should be pretty loaded.

I envision my starting lineup year 1 as:

QB-Drew Brees

RB-LeSean McCoy

RB-Darren McFadden

WR-Mike Williams (TB)

WR-Jacoby Ford

WR-Steve Smith (Car.) (or Julio Jones/AJ Green/Jordy Nelson)

TE-Jimmy Graham (or A. Hernandez)

Flex-Joseph Addai probably (maybe a rookie RB at 1.10?)

Not super strong and definitely dependent on some young guys taking that next step, esp. at TE.

We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, plus 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST, 1 K. Of course you know that it is 1PPR with 1 1/2 for TE recepts, Return yds to active position player at 1 pt per 20 return yds, plus 6 pts per return TD. Second year players have a potential I year roster exemption if not activated. August will be 4 round rookie/college player draft, followed by a 5 round supplemental draft. Only 4 players may be carried on an inactive Developmental squad during the season, and all active players have 3 year contracts with trade 'em or lose 'em after the 3rd year on any one roster.

Prancers here (obviously). As I mentioned early in the thread, my strategy centered in large part upon getting a couple stars early in the draft (LeSean McCoy and Darren McFadden) and then gave up my 4th rounder and other stuff to move up a bunch in the rookie draft (which is in a couple months). I feel like its a solid rookie class and then you add in the ability to draft devys still in college, there's a lot of talent to be had there. I was able to get picks 1.02, 1.03, 1.10 and 2.07 in the rookie draft.

Thus, while I think the criticism of my WRs is valid, especially for the upcoming season, I do plan on adding AJ Green and Julio Jones (I assume Ingram will go 1st overall) and should be able to add 2 other pretty highly rated players in the rookie draft as well with 1.10 and 2.07. From my perspective, it didn't make a lot of sense to use invest heavily at WR in the initial draft and used only one early pick on the position (M. Williams in the 3rd).

I'm hoping to be competitive this year and hopefully sneak into the playoffs. I should have a lot of young trading pieces if I feel like I'm close. By the next season, if AJ and Julio are the real deal, my team should be pretty loaded.

I envision my starting lineup year 1 as:

QB-Drew Brees

RB-LeSean McCoy

RB-Darren McFadden

WR-Mike Williams (TB)

WR-Jacoby Ford

WR-Steve Smith (Car.) (or Julio Jones/AJ Green/Jordy Nelson)

TE-Jimmy Graham (or A. Hernandez)

Flex-Joseph Addai probably (maybe a rookie RB at 1.10?)

Not super strong and definitely dependent on some young guys taking that next step, esp. at TE.

The ability to add both AJ Green and Julio Jones in the rookie draft certainly makes your WR core stronger. Maybe not as much this year, but certainly long term. And I wouldn't be suprised if one or both of them start several times for you this year as the season progresses.

I forgot to add in the previous post, I did screw up getting stuck with a guy like Kyle Orton as my backup QB. With Brees the position wasn't really a priority to me and figured there'd be backups a-plenty after the starters lasted forever, but they kind of flew off the board in the 8th-10th round, but I had other guys higher rated and I wasn't expecting guys to draft 3 or 4 QBs.

Guys like Alex Smith, McNabb, Henne, etc. are still out there if I need a bye week fill-in but I was hoping to do a little better at #2 QB.

The ability to add both AJ Green and Julio Jones in the rookie draft certainly makes your WR core stronger. Maybe not as much this year, but certainly long term. And I wouldn't be suprised if one or both of them start several times for you this year as the season progresses.

I definitely think WR will be a struggle for me this year. My 4 best talents are rookies (Green/Jones) and 2nd year guys (Williams/Ford) which is a recipe for mediocre scoring. It is mostly due to the one "big" trade I made with hitnrun.

My picks 2.03, 4.03 and rookie 4.11 for 1.11, 8.11 and rookie 1.03.

It ended up being Roddy White, Michael Turner and rookie 4.11 for Darren McFadden, Jacoby Ford and Julio Jones.

I undoubtedly set my self back short-term (and made hitnrun the 1st year favorite, in my opinion). But I added three 23 and under guys to build my future squad around.

Your analysis of my actual roster/dislike of my drafting is fine, but you do realize that I the players on my roster were picked at:

1.2, 2.6, 4.2, 4.11, 5.2, 6.2, 6.8, 7.3, 8.10, 9.2, 10.8, 13.6, 14.11, 15.2, 15.11

So essentially I moved up 5 picks in the 2nd, fell back 12 from the 3rd to the 4th (where I took Gates who you could argue would be solid value at 3.2). Instead of 11.2, ended up with a pick at 6.2. Fell back from the 12th to the 15th. And I also moved up from my 3rd and 4th round rookie/devy picks to picks 2.3 and 2.6.

So you can knock my roster, but it ended up not that out there from an actual draft position standpoint.

I have the draft rated like this based of my projection of fantasy points of starters and likely flex. Admittedly I may have a built-in bias based on using my own projection sheet. Also, of course this analysis makes the invalid assumption that there will be no injuries to starters.

Contending teams: Myself, Mauve, Yeti, and Silent Scope

In the hunt: Prancers, Cheesehead, Hit.

The other five teams are not that far behind.

Here's my breakdown:

Pinky: QB: 345, RB: 320, 270, WR: 225, 200, 170, TE: 280, Flex (TE): 275 Total: 2085

Depth: good at all positions except WR

Rookie/Dev - late picks.

Mauve: QB: 325, RB 310, 220, WR: 240, 230, 200 TE: 300, Flex (RB): 180 Total: 2005

Depth: decent

Rookie/Dev - late 1st/early 2nd rd picks.

Scope: QB: 410, RB: 325, 180, WR: 230, 205, 185 TE: 290, Flex (TE): 170 Total 1995

Depth: good at all positions except WR

Rookie/Dev - basically late picks

Yeti: QB: 365, RB: 260, 265 WR: 295, 235, 190, TE: 190, Flex (RB or TE): 180 Total 1980

Depth: decent, slightly weak at QB

Rookie/Dev - 2 mid 1st rounders

Prancers: QB: 380, RB: 280, 265, WR: 220, 185, 170, TE: 185, Flex (TE 185), Total 1870

Depth: weak at WR

(but early Rookie/Dev picks should make up for that - 3 1st rounders - 2 early, 1 late)

Cheesehead: QB: 420, RB: 250, 235 WRs: 225, 210, 165, TE: 220: Flex (160 + depends on S Smith' health) Total: 1885

Depth: kind of weak except at QB

Rookie/Dev - very late picks

HitNRun: QB: 370, RB 270, 210, WR: 275, 250, 220, TE: 190, Flex (RB) 165 Total 1860

Depth: very good

Rookie/Dev - very late picks

All of other five teams are fairly closely bunched between 1720 - 1800. My scoring of the draft is not a strong predictor of league order of finish. So many factors such as injuries and in season roster management will play a much stronger part of who will win this thing. I noticed that many others liked Hit's team a lot. I think that's due to hs excellent depth rather than the projected fantasy points for his starters.

This is a great group of owners who are extremely active. I think it will be my most fun league yet!

Pretty happy with my team:

QB:

If I were to second guess a decision that I made, it would be passing on Brees/Manning at 6.2 or Brady at 6.8. The other big thing is if I had taken one of these guys, then I can use the 9th pick on another position. I liked Romo this year. So I figured I'd take a running back at 6.2. And I thought I'd easily be able to get him at 6.8 or 6.11. Was very surprised when he went before Brady. Passing on Roethlsberger/Schaub/Eli for Bradford is questionable. I clearly went long-term with this pick (with the hopes that I might be able to land Eli, who I just missed out on later in the draft. Still Bradford has a lot of talent and McDaniels as an OC. So the upside is there. Cutler is also an upside guy. Year 2 of Martz. This could end up being a huge hole for me. But no one would be absolutely shocked, given the talent of the individual QBs and the systems they will play in if either of these guys produced top 6 numbers this year. At the very least, I should get low #1 QBs out of these two. They also have a pretty nice combined schedule. I do acknowledge this could be my downfall (for this season).

RB:

I am probably the only person in the league who would go Rice at 1.2. I don't like to miss on my 1st round pick though. And barring injury, I think he has a very high floor... while also having the potential to be RB1 because of his receiving numbers. I can't really argue with any of the top 5-6 RBs though. Moreno and Jones are not sure things. But in the 6th they are worth a shot. And honestly, I don't really like them any worse than any RB taken since Hillis. Both are young with upside and are good PPR backs. With Fox in Denver, even if they do bring in Deangelo, I still can easily see Moreno putting up solid RB3 PPR numbers. If Deangelo doesn't come and Moreno remains healthy, he has #1 RB upside (from pick 6.8). Felix put up RB 28 PPG #'s last year with only 2 TDs. I feel like that's his floor. I think he has mid-to-high-end #2 upside depending on how things shake out. And Sproles has finished RB #16 and #22 in PPG scoring the past two years in this league's system because of return yardage points. From a depth standpoint I feel like I have at worst three #3 RBs behind a true #1 in Rice. And I have the upside for much more. All of these backs (aside from Sproles) will be 24 years old during the season.

WR:

Jennings is Rodgers #1 WR. I don't know that Finley coming back is even bad for him. If Finley starts the season on fire, I'd assume more safety help will be committed to Jermichael. I don't expect top 3 numbers from Jennings, but I do expect a consistent #1 WR. I like Harvin a lot. I think the Vikes are only going to continue to find more ways of using him. KR #'s are a bonus though I could see them scaled back this year. Because of those #s he's been WR 5 and 10 the past two seasons in our scoring system. If the Vikes bring in McNabb/Orton, I like Rice this season if he stays with the Vikes. Otherwise, I'll hope he goes somewhere else. If Ponder/Webb start I won't expect to play him. But that's why I have Ochocinco/Owens. Don't know if they'll be on my roster after this season (or even for the whole season, but their nice guys to have). Braylon is an upside play. If he signs into the right situation (CHICAGO! MARTZ!), I think he has a lot of upside. Otherwise he's a bench player. Gettis is an upside guy that I don't expect to start once this season. But I like his talents and long-term potential. There are a few other places I wish I would've invest that 15.2 pick though. I think it would suprise people that I'm the only guy with 3 2010 top 11 PPG WRs on my roster. I don't expect that this year. But Jennings and Harvin both have top 10 potential this year. Ages for this season: Jennings 28, Rice 25, Harvin 24, Gettis 23, Edwards 28, Ocho 33, Owens, 37.

TE:

Gates is an injury risk. But if he's healthy he has #1TE potential. Super long-term isn't great. But TEs are often solid into their mid-30s. Cooley is a pretty safe top 10 TE in PPR leagues. Nice flex option for 1.5pt/rec TE league and solid-fill in for Gates. Drafted this position a little older with Gates playing his age 31 season and Cooley playing his age 29 season.

Rookie picks 1.11, 2.2, 2.3, 2.7 to look forward to as well.

So overall, I'm pretty happy about my short-term and long-term prospects. My core players are young (plus four rookie/devy picks to be added). The two older plays on my team Ocho and Owens have a specific role this season, and I expect both to be replaced by next season (though Ocho potentially has a couple of decent years left).

Pretty happy with my team....

Mysterious Case is of course The Mauve Avengers of Monroeville. Mauve has been rapped on this board by others for both his trades and his team.

But I really like his team and consider it one of the CONTENDERS. Both he and myself took a fairly high risk strategy in our trades, and I think it worked out for both of us.

Picky I really struggle to see where u came up with these qb differentials of 100+ points for top 12 guys when the point differiential for the past few years doesn't top 60-70

Can't believe I'm getting no love in here. Oh well. I love my team and that's all that matters. I'm young at RB, WR, TE, and QB.

Picky I really struggle to see where u came up with these qb differentials of 100+ points for top 12 guys when the point differiential for the past few years doesn't top 60-70

fldoc: I'm too lazy to go dig out my projections upon which these were based because I did them manually and they are not near the computer here. But last year in my other league, Rodgers averaged 27.75 FP/G and Cutler averaged 20.35, a difference of 7.4 pts X 16 gms + 118 FPTs. The actual numbers for the regular season were 411 FPTs for Rodgers, 305 FPTs for Cutler. In that league we penalized 2 pts per interception and in this one the penalty is only -1, so the relative scoring figures to be slightly higher in this case. I didn't base these projections solely on last year's numbers however.

Fere's 3 sets of 2011 QB projections that I can access quickly however:

FFToday

1 Michael Vick PHI 7 278 457 3,652 25 13 99 725 7 397.1

2 Aaron Rodgers GB 8 361 564 4,287 29 12 65 267 3 375.1

3 Drew Brees NO 11 403 630 4,475 33 18 8 21 0 357.9

4 Peyton Manning IND 11 398 612 4,465 31 15 20 22 1 355.5

5 Tom Brady NE 7 369 577 4,268 32 10 24 47 1 352.1

6 Philip Rivers SD 6 346 541 4,436 29 14 33 46 0 342.4

7 Tony Romo DAL 5 358 568 4,260 26 13 21 86 1 331.6

8 Matt Schaub HOU 11 355 564 4,288 25 15 12 46 0 319.0

9 Eli Manning NYG 7 340 575 3,913 28 18 24 53 0 313.0

10 Josh Freeman TB 8 299 482 3,329 23 12 81 342 2 304.7

11 Jay Cutler CHI 8 299 482 3,567 24 17 59 195 1 299.9

ProFootball Focus

1 Michael Vick PHI 655 534 324 4054 28 13 40 116 693 6 449

2 Aaron Rodgers GB 615 538 353 4408 31 11 30 67 368 3 440

3 Peyton Manning IND 655 639 428 4703 33 16 13 19 32 1 411

4 Drew Brees NO 645 619 420 4618 33 15 22 19 32 1 404

5 Philip Rivers SD 582 536 352 4575 30 11 32 35 81 1 401

6 Tom Brady NE 573 539 355 4262 32 10 27 37 54 1 399

7 Tony Romo DAL 594 558 382 4391 31 16 22 29 77 1 386

8 Matt Schaub HST 614 574 370 4439 26 11 32 23 53 1 364

9 Eli Manning NYG 563 535 335 4026 29 16 19 31 82 1 359

10 Matthew Stafford DET 655 613 369 4128 28 15 28 25 90 1 356

11 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 575 508 317 4119 23 10 41 50 211 2 356

12 Josh Freeman TB 576 504 308 3630 23 10 28 68 350 2 344

13 Matt Ryan ATL 593 548 338 3722 26 11 22 43 126 1 343

14 Sam Bradford SL 625 575 344 3952 24 14 32 28 74 1 326

15 Jay Cutler CHI 556 478 283 3540 22 17 38 59 292 2 319

FootballGuys

1 Aaron Rodgers GB / 8 16 363 530 4288 8.1 33 13 55 272 4.9 4 404.6

2 Michael Vick PHI / 7 14 277 440 3252 7.4 23 13 120 768 6.4 8 376.4

3 Drew Brees NO / 11 16 385 575 4399 7.7 34 17 20 12 0.6 1 363.1

4 Peyton Manning IND / 11 16 393 600 4350 7.3 32 15 19 21 1.1 0 349.6

5 Tom Brady NE / 7 16 355 530 4118 7.8 31 11 29 41 1.4 1 349.0

6 Philip Rivers SD / 6 16 340 501 4208 8.4 28 12 25 43 1.7 0 330.7

7 Tony Romo DAL / 5 15 358 532 4213 7.9 27 15 26 78 3.0 0 323.4

8 Matt Schaub HOU / 11 16 363 551 4298 7.8 26 14 30 39 1.3 0 320.8

9 Eli Manning NYG / 7 16 333 510 3876 7.6 29 18 25 53 2.1 0 308.1

10 Ben Roethlisberger PIT / 11 16 307 470 3784 8.1 24 13 40 120 3.0 2 307.2

11 Josh Freeman TB / 8 16 294 495 3490 7.1 23 14 50 250 5.0 2 298.5

12 Matt Ryan ATL / 8 16 332 533 3619 6.8 26 12 25 50 2.0 0 291.9

13 Joe Flacco BAL / 5 16 316 486 3572 7.3 24 11 35 60 1.7 1 288.6

14 Jay Cutler CHI / 8 15 299 490 3523 7.2 23 18 45 194 4.3 1 280.6

Obviously these sites use slightly different scoring systems, but the relative FPTs are quite consistent between the 3 sites. This just to show you the rationale for the 100 point differental in QB projections is not off the wall.

Can't believe I'm getting no love in here. Oh well. I love my team and that's all that matters. I'm young at RB, WR, TE, and QB.

I can either tell you you did SOUPER, or that you drafted like SHIThawks.....which do u want to hear? You were at the top end of the range for the remaining 5 teams.

(I WILL trade my WR group for yours to bring up your score a little.) ;)

You guys obviously have not learned one thing in all the years of fantasy football. And that is...the best team on paper never wins the championship. :)

In addition...our league does not have bonuses for big scoring plays, or reaching yardage (ie. 300 yrds for qb, 150 yards for rb/wr) markers. So i think consistent production vs big playmakers is gonna win the race.

I also think this league will be one of my favorite leagues as well. Now we sit on our thumbs until rookie draft

Da Schmucks. Young and dumb

You're right if you look at total points. However Rodgers missed a game (and might have also gone out of one early?).

Same with Vick. He missed 2 or 3 games and also left one very early. By my numbers, if you take out the game he got hurt in, he was putting up nearly 30 ppg in our league's scoring. Rodgers was 2nd at 23 ppg. If healthy all year and allowed to run as much as he did last season, Vick is an absolute monster and gives you a real advantage at QB.

Mauve, I don't think you are giving yourself enough credit on the Bradford pick. To do what he did as a rookie with the lack of talent and continuity he had at WR/TE last season was a monumental achievement. He is going to be just fine as your QB1.

MFM, I didn't look through all your projections real closely but I did double check why I liked hitnrun's team for next year so much and I think we differ primarily on his WRs. Especially Fitzgerald (who I assume you are projecting at 250). He struggled last year only putting up 240 or so due to positively atrocious QB play. But the 3 previous year he averaged over 300 points per season. It sounds like all but a done deal that Kolb will be there and with Fitz in a contract year, the Cards are going to force the ball to him all day long to keep him happy. I see him getting back to 300+ points. He was a guy who was very high on my board and was the only WR in my pre-draft top 10 (along with Calvin). (I like Gore and his TEs more than you do also.)

MFM, out of curiosity, what numbers do you project for Jermichael Finley? I liked him a lot as a 2nd round pick, but I'm not sure how he scores that many points.

You guys obviously have not learned one thing in all the years of fantasy football. And that is...the best team on paper never wins the championship. :)

In addition...our league does not have bonuses for big scoring plays, or reaching yardage (ie. 300 yrds for qb, 150 yards for rb/wr) markers. So i think consistent production vs big playmakers is gonna win the race.

I also think this league will be one of my favorite leagues as well. Now we sit on our thumbs until rookie draft

Da Schmucks. Young and dumb

It's going to be a fun league. I'll be totally honest too and say that I was more comfortable in going with a younger, long term strategy based on how good a group of owners (and commish) it seems we have. Seems like very low risk that the league is going to fall apart in a year or two with this solid group.

But I guess you would expect dedicated to players to join a league in the middle of June during a lockout...