Sign in to follow this  
LoneWolf1023

VERY Challenging League Needs 2 Owners

Hey Folks,

I'm new to this site, but not new to FF. I've been playing FF for about 12 years and started running leagues going into my 11th season. I ran about 20 leagues last year and will be running a total of 25 this year. Here's a link to my main FF web site: http://theultimateownerfantasyfootballleagues.com/

As my motto says, I run fun, fair and competitive leagues for every owner. I have every kind of league you could want. I run total redrafts, small keepers and full on dynastys. The only kind of league I don't run is IDP leagues. Mainly because I can never seem to fill the ones I've started. lol

Anyway, my flagship league, the Ultimate Owner FF League, needs 2 new owners. This league is very challenging and requires owners who can put a lot of time and effort into it. It's most definitely not one of those draft the players, set a lineup each week and forget it kind of leagues. Aka most leagues.

Here's some basics about the league then I'll get into what makes the league so hard to win.

Link to the league: http://www17.myfantasyleague.com/20

11/home/14098#0

Link to the League Bylaws Page: http://football17.myfantasyleague.c

om/2011/options?L=14098&O=26

12 teams

League fee is $50. All league fees minus the $60 site fee are paid out.

14 player rosters

Starting lineups are 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 4 WR's, 2 TE's, 2 K's and 2 Def's. So yes, that's right, EVERY player on your roster is a starter.

Waivers run 5 times a week. There's a reason for this. lol

The waiver order is set on a rolling basis. Meaning that every time you complete a waiver transaction, you move to the back of the order.

Trading is allowed up until the week 11 games.

Our draft is currently scheduled to start on Sunday, August 14th at 12 noon. I can adjust that a little bit if necessary.

We will be using a 12 hour timer and the draft order is done in a serpentine manner. BTW The draft order has NOT been set yet.

Okay, now for why this league is so hard to win.

Well, as I stated above, each team has a 14 player roster, and every player on your team is a starter. But wait you say, what about bye weeks???

Well, in this league, you MUST drop each player on your roster during the week leading up to their bye week. What's that mean? Well, Jamaal Charles has a week 6 bye week. So that means that once the week 5 games have been completed, you will have from Tuesday morning until Sunday morning to drop Charles and replace him with another RB. DeSean Jackson has a week 7 bye, so he must be dropped and another WR picked up during the week leading up to the week 7 games. There are NO exceptions to this.

Also, an owner CANNOT keep a player on his roster who is on a bye. Since each owner must have a full starting lineup of non-bye week players, you HAVE to drop each player before his bye. Again, no exceptions. Any owner who has a player on their roster come Sunday morning, that has a bye week that weekend, will have that player dropped from their roster and they will get zero points and a loss.

OUCH you say. Well yes, it sucks, but it's the nature of the league. As I said above, we have 5 different waiver periods each week and you can pick up 2 players during each waivers period. So you have plenty of time to do that. Plus, with only 14 players on each roster, and 6 of them being TE's, K's and Def's, there are plenty of players you can replace said player with.

This league makes you have to work for every win you get. You have to plan out a draft strategy that you think will set you up to be able to pick up the best players once they come off their bye. Because players become available again on the Tuesday after their bye week. So obviously you want to be at the top of the waiver order by then. A lot of teams try to take players that have the latest bye weeks. That way they can get to the top of the waiver order then pick up those top players.

You also have to be careful when you do your waivers. You want to do them in such a way that you are at the top of the order on the Tuesday after the week 9 games run. Why? Because that's when Adrian Peterson comes off his bye. You want to be at the top of the order after the week 11 because that's when Andre Johnson comes off his bye week. You want to be at the top of the order after the week 8 games because that's when Aaron Rodgers comes off his bye. Obviously you're not going to do that every week, but you want to be as high in the waiver order as you can because there are usually quite a few quality players available each week.

So as you can see, there is a lot of strategizing that goes on in this league. You have to be on your toes each and every week. Starting with the draft and all the way through the season. If you win this league, you've EARNED that League Champions money. Which, BTW in 5 years of running this league, we've never had a team make the league championship game 2 years in a row. it's just too hard to do. lol

Anyway, if anyone is interested in taking on the challenge of playing in this league, please send an email to LoneWolf1023@aol.com. I know this league seems strange, but it's really a LOT of fun. Once you play it, you'll get hooked on it. :) BTW Make sure you mention the Ultimate Owner FF League when you send that email.

Thanks.

Hmmm I'm starting to think that maybe I made this league sound too hard. Not getting to many bites on the 2 spots available. LOL

I know it's a strange way to play FF, but believe me folks, once you play, you'll get hooked.

It's all about strategy. Can you come up with a plan that will help you win games each week while also ensuring that you're at or near the top of the waiver order each week so that you can pick up the top players when they come off their byes?

Well, I hope that maybe that will entice 2 people to a shot at this league. You won't be disappointed. Well, okay, if you suck at it, then maybe you will, but you'll still have fun while you're doing that. lol

Only one spot left in this great league Folks. If you want a chance to really test yourself, send me an email ASAP and get your spot in the league. :)

Only one spot left in this great league Folks. If you want a chance to really test yourself, send me an email ASAP and get your spot in the league. :)

I've checked out your links but I don't see anything that shows the league's scoring rules. I might be interested but not without seeing how the league scoring works. Would you please post this if the league is still open. Thanks

I've checked out your links but I don't see anything that shows the league's scoring rules. I might be interested but not without seeing how the league scoring works. Would you please post this if the league is still open. Thanks

My apologies. I thought I had posted that in my original message above.

Anyway, here's a link to the leagues scoring page: http://football17.myfantasyleague.com/2011/options?L=14098&O=09

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask either here or by sending me an email to LoneWolf1023@aol.com. Although you'd probably get a quicker response by sending the email. I can't check the board as much as I'd like to here at work.

Thanks for asking about the league.