Sign in to follow this  
Daltnator

Stevie Johnson, Josh Freeman and LeGarrett Blount

Im thinking about targeting these guys. What are others thoughts on them? Looking for prior owners, team fans or just gut feelings! Im partial to gut feelings myself!!

Im thinking about targeting these guys. What are others thoughts on them? Looking for prior owners, team fans or just gut feelings! Im partial to gut feelings myself!!

You are asking in a total vacuum here. It is like asking how do I feel about 2 pr without knowing what the betting has been or how many are still in the pot. Makes no sense. WHY are you thinking of targeting these guys? In what round? Are you in standard scoring or PPR? How many are in your league?

Anyone can throw out ANY 3 names. What is the CONTEXT?

Now if you said, I'm in a 12 team PPR league, and I'm thinking of targeting Blount in the 5th round, does that make sense?, you would get a meaningful answer.

Or even: do you think that Stevie Johnson is a low end WR2 in a 12 team standard scoring league?

Those are questions that I can answer.

Taking a stab at your question: Freeman is a low end QB1 probably 7th rounder in a 12 teamer. Stevie is a low end WR2...right about the same area. Blount depends on the scoring format. Maybe the top 15 RB in standard scorng, top 20ish in PPR.

But why would you TARGET any of them?

I am thinking about targeting these guys cuz I've got a gut feeling they may play really well and therefore may be worth having on ones roster. I suppose I could have phrased the question a little different, but I assumed folks would probably get that I was curious to other people's opinions on how these guys would do this season. As a QB, what do folks think about Freeman? How do you think he will do? as a WR, what do folks think of Johnson? How do you think he will do?As a RB, what do folks think of Blount? How do you think he will do?

And it's a ten team, standard scoring, PPR(first year) 2 player keeper league I'm in, so our 1st round in the draft is really like the 3rd.

Since ou offer no analysis other than "gut feel', I have a hard time getting my head around your "gut feeling" approach to fantasy football. My approach is slightly more analytical. I would say if you've done well with your gut feelings so far, you should continue to play your hunches.

My gut feeling is pretty neutral on all of these guys. They are all low end second tier/ upper 3rd tier guys, except for Freeman, who is splid second tier.

But my question is: How do you evaluate whether my gut feeling is any worse or better than yours?

Im not tryig to decide if ones gut feeling is any better than another. And maybe gut feeling was a poor choice of words. Geeze, I just assumed most folks would get that I was just curious as to what other people thoughts and opinions were on those guys. Your analysis was the sort of thing i was looking for. Maybe from what folks saw from towards the end of the year last year, that maybe someone thinks that one of these guys are poised for a big year. Or, like you, maybe folks just think they are middle tier guys. I dont know why I have a hunch they may play really well. Just looking for discussion. I apologize if I offended your fantasy football sensibilities with my basic-ness!!

"Im thinking about targeting these guys. What are others thoughts on them? Looking for prior owners, team fans or just gut feelings! Im partial to gut feelings myself!!"

A better way to start a discussion is to pick ONE guy, tell us why you like him, what your concerns are, and where and why you have him ranked relative to guys with a similar ADP for your league's scoring system. If you do it that way, I'll guarantee you will get a good response.

No offense, man, but lots of noobies come on here looking for info and opinions, but don't even give the most basic and relevant details of the particular situation - and then expect one of us to give some meaningful feedback. Ain't gonna happen. Garbage in, garbage out.

I know a ton about each of these guys (and so do others who bother to take the time to answer these 'help' questions), but until you ask meaningful specific questions, and give some analysis of what your own thoughts are for us to react to and critique, you aren't gonna get much discussion, and what you get isn't gonna be very reliable or helpful to you. You come accross as a lazy SOB that doesn't really know what he's asking and doesn't want to do his own research. And I'm trying to be constructive here, so in the future you get the infor you want and don't make a fool of yourself.

Capiche?

Got it. Better question phrasing. Im not a noobie, been playing for 10 years, was just looking for if someone felt like" Nah, not into that guy-he runs sloppy routes and isnt tough enough". I just get vibes on guys. After reading 4 or 5 fantasy mags opinions, mixed with my own, I can usually get a pretty close vibe as to how they will play. I just wanted some more opinions, But I get it dude, I will construct better questions so as not to come across lazy, cuz I certainly put in my own research! Thamks for the input!