Sign in to follow this  
Lions_slappy

Team QB's

My league uses a team QB. I have 2010 Excel and when I try to copy the your team QB formulas it only copies the values and not the formulas. What am I doing wrong? When I try to use a special paste option it does'nt give me the option to copy formulas only.

Hey Lions. I posted that file about Team QBs last year, although I suspected it should work exactly the same. I needed to wait until I was back on my PC to properly test this. I'm going to go do that now and then I'll report back.

Hmm... not sure. I couldn't re-create the issue. Just a straight CTRL-V (Paste) should do the trick rather than Paste Special > Formulas. All the formatting is the same. Make sure you aren't doing anything else after hitting CTRL-C on the formulas other than going to the 2011 CC/DB file, clicking on the appropriate cell (DY5 on the QB tab) and hitting CTRL-V. Do you happen to have both versions of Excel on your computer? Did you use Office Button > Open, to select and open each file in Excel?

Hmm... not sure. I couldn't re-create the issue. Just a straight CTRL-V (Paste) should do the trick rather than Paste Special > Formulas. All the formatting is the same. Make sure you aren't doing anything else after hitting CTRL-C on the formulas other than going to the 2011 CC/DB file, clicking on the appropriate cell (DY5 on the QB tab) and hitting CTRL-V. Do you happen to have both versions of Excel on your computer? Did you use Office Button > Open, to select and open each file in Excel?

I don't have both versions of Excel on my computer. I've done this before on previous versions with no problem, but this is the first time with Excel 2010. I keep getting this error message:

The range you are pasting contains formulas that cannot be pasted into this instance of Excel; however, the formulas will be pasted as values. This may result from pasting formulas from Protected View, anoter instance of Excel or from another application.

Did you try to reproduce this using Excel 2010?

I did. Well, 2007, but they should be the same. Are you sure you didn't start another instance of Excel? That is what I was getting at asking how you opened the files.