Sign in to follow this  
antvolt

Pick 3 Keepers...

I'm in a standard scoring, 10 team league where we can choose 3 keepers at the cost of a draft choice this year one higher than the player had the previous year (a 5th rounder last year keeps and costs your 4th round this year; a 1st round still costs the 1st round, 2nd round costs 1st round; 1st and 2nd round cost 1st and 2nd round; etc) and luckily have some guys with great value and have too many I want to keep rather than too few. My choices for potentially keeping are:

Michael Vick -- 15th round this year, obviously keeping (projected 10 overall)

Adrian Peterson -- 1st round this year (projected 1 overall)

Roddy White -- 1st round this year (projected 11 overall)

LeSean McCoy -- 4th round this year (projected 8 overall)

Darren McFadden -- 10th round this year (projected 21 overall)

Steve Johnson -- 15th round this year (projected 52 overall)

After Vick, I can either keep good players with great value or I can keep some total studs and lose my 1st and 2nd round picks, or some combination of the two routes.

Right now I am thinking that if I kept McCoy and McFadden, I would retain my 1-2-3 picks, and I find it highly unlikely that there would be many other teams electing not to keep either their 1st or 2nd round picks from last year and retain a 1st round this year, so maybe I could redraft AP or another quality player 1st round again this year and pick up two quality WRs with my 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Thoughts?

It depends who will be available in the draft if you keep your first and 2nd picks. If you have a high first pick, maybe you get Adrian Peterson or someone close with your first pick. Same thing with your 2nd pick and Roddy White. With your 10th and 15th pick, you won't get anyone close to McFadden and Stevie Johnson. You probably won't get anything close to McCoy with a 4th round pick either.

Assuming there will be some good talent available in the draft, I'd definitely keep Vick, McFadden and Johnson. Maybe McCoy if you're not a believer in McFadden.

It depends who will be available in the draft if you keep your first and 2nd picks. If you have a high first pick, maybe you get Adrian Peterson or someone close with your first pick. Same thing with your 2nd pick and Roddy White. With your 10th and 15th pick, you won't get anyone close to McFadden and Stevie Johnson. You probably won't get anything close to McCoy with a 4th round pick either.

Assuming there will be some good talent available in the draft, I'd definitely keep Vick, McFadden and Johnson. Maybe McCoy if you're not a believer in McFadden.

Vick, DMac, Johnson...for sure.