Sign in to follow this  
dojo_commish

Auction 'Dead Cap' & Importing PP not working

Thanks for all the help you guys give us!

I've got 2 issues:

(1) As I enter keepers into respective teams, the 'Dead Cap' box is unchanged. Should this be updating?

(2) I'm really having issues with PP. I got it working last year, but not this year....YET! After putting in address, running New Query, and adjusting First Row of player, I am getting issues in the 'Clean' tab. Even when I put in the default FFToday site, some of the players stats come thru as ####. Other sites (ESPN, theHuddle), don't seem to be compatible.

Any ideas or help you can give me would be great. I'll keep messing with it.

Thanks!

1. The Dead Cap is something you would enter, if your league uses it. It would be an adjustment to each individual team's cap that isn't associated with any players still on the roster. This usually occurs from cutting a player with a multi-year contract and taking a cap hit in those future years as a result. So, it doesn't update as players are input. You either put in a number, or not, as needed.

2. Remember the Clean tab will still (or can) appear to be errors until you hit the Copy to Compiler button. Other than that, I'd have to see the Pal file with the imported projections to get some idea what the issue might be. I was testing with ESPN projections yesterday on my Mac, and noticed they have the player names and teams (and maybe position) all in one cell. That would need to be broken up so only the player names remain. You could split them using Data > Text to Columns in Excel.

If you want to send me your copy of Pal with one of the sets of projections you are having trouble with I can take a look. The Huddle projections may not work with the web query import because they are behind a subscriber wall. That is another thought I just had.