Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

Pre-Loaded Projection Pal Files

I'm in a sharing mode this morning. Last night I pulled together a couple Projection Pal files you can download that are already pre-loaded with useful info. You'll need to login the same way you logged in to download the CC/DB to get these files.

1. Kick + punt returner stats - 2010 stats from NFL.com for the top ~125 kickoff and punt returners last season. The same stats are on the RB Raw, WR Raw and DB Raw tabs (for those who use individual defensive players). Custom 1 is kickoff return yards. Custom 2 is punt return yards. Custom 3 is combined kickoff + punt return TDs.

If you don't want to use all of your custom fields for these three things, then you can adjust them by, for example, creating a formula on the raw tab to add kickoff and punt return yardage together, and bring it over as a single custom field. I also wouldn't necessarily suggest adding last year's TD numbers into this year's projected fantasy points, since those are highly variable.

2. Average CBS projections - The composite projections from CBS which a few people have asked about. The web query actually worked pretty well for me here. However, you won't be able to just refresh those queries as I had to go through a couple steps per position to clean the data. Notably... I had to move the data over from the player names and then remove the team abbreviations with Data > Text to Columns.

Whoops, I screwed up the link. Sorry bench_warmer. Thanks for letting me know. Try it now.

First, I will start out by saying that this is like my 5 or 6 year with CC&DB. Absolutely love it!

Will it work if you just import RB, WR and TE stats into Site B? Im in a keeper league and already have my QB and Kicker and Team Defense are usually the last positions I draft. With my draft tomorrow it would be nice if I could just get someone to do projection pal for me for two sites.

THanks,

Greg

You can import one, some or all of the positions. The only thing you need to be careful of is setting the Default Allocation Key on the options tab. That sets it for all positions. You would need to change it on a per position basis if you only import some of the positions. To do that, go to each of the position tabs and click the "+" signs across the top. Hidden under one of those you should see the default key for that position - which is a formula. Just overwrite that with the key you want.

I'm not following what you mean by default key. For example, I went to QB and it is blank for non- default key, then 11 for % key as it is a custom allocation. Then I see where it is set to 50% FFToday and 50% for Site B in the allocation.. do I just change the column to reflect 100% from FFtoday since I'm not importing another site's QB stats. Also, if I'm playing around in the projection pal is there a way to remove ",BAL" behind a player's name besides deleted each one.

Let me answer the second part first. If every player in your list has [player name],[team abbreviation] combined in one cell, then the easiest way to remove it is like this:

1. Make sure there is a blank column or column you don't care about directly to the right of the cells with the player names. This may involve moving all your other data over a column via copy-paste.

2. Highlight all the player names and choose Data > Text to Columns.

3. Choose Delimited. Choose Comma. This will split the list into two columns, where the comma is.

4. Hit OK.

Now you have the player names split off from the team abbreviations.

What I'm saying about the default key is, if you import projections for RB then presumably you want some sort of weighted average like 50% FF Today, 50% XYZ Fantasy Co. If you don't import projections for QB, then you'd want to stick with 100% FF Today.

This would be two different allocation keys, as shown on the options tab.

So whatever you set the default key as - say the 50/50 - then you'll need to go to the other position tabs where you don't want it to be 50/50, and change the key for just that position. I have the CC/DB open now and on most positions tabs the spot you want to change the key is cell M2, hidden under that first "+" sign.

Let me answer the second part first. If every player in your list has [player name],[team abbreviation] combined in one cell, then the easiest way to remove it is like this:

1. Make sure there is a blank column or column you don't care about directly to the right of the cells with the player names. This may involve moving all your other data over a column via copy-paste.

2. Highlight all the player names and choose Data > Text to Columns.

3. Choose Delimited. Choose Comma. This will split the list into two columns, where the comma is.

4. Hit OK.

Now you have the player names split off from the team abbreviations.

What I'm saying about the default key is, if you import projections for RB then presumably you want some sort of weighted average like 50% FF Today, 50% XYZ Fantasy Co. If you don't import projections for QB, then you'd want to stick with 100% FF Today.

This would be two different allocation keys, as shown on the options tab.

So whatever you set the default key as - say the 50/50 - then you'll need to go to the other position tabs where you don't want it to be 50/50, and change the key for just that position. I have the CC/DB open now and on most positions tabs the spot you want to change the key is cell M2, hidden under that first "+" sign.

Mucho Gracias..big props to your help!

Mucho Gracias..big props to your help!

mike - any chance you are going to re-update the cbs projections this weekend?

mike - any chance you are going to re-update the cbs projections this weekend?

I can try but I'm not sure I'm going to have time. Don't want to promise I'll get it done. Will report back here if I do.

dpollaro updated the CBS projections for us and I uploaded the Pal file. I changed the link at the top. Thank you dpollaro! :headbanger: