Sign in to follow this  
Phil64

Import from 2010

Hi Phil, open your 2010 Compiler. Then open your 2011 file and go to the action tab. Look for the options there in the lower left. Make sure the filename matches up exactly, and hit the button.

I've tried this, but I get an error window that reads like this:

Microsoft Visual Basic

Run-time error '1004':

This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized.

The "Continue" and "Debug" buttons in the error popup are greyed out. My only options are "End" and "Help." (And naturally Microsoft's "Help" button is not very helpful — it basically informs me that there has been an error, without any guidance on how to track it down or resolve it.)

If it helps, my 2010 compiler is named "football_compiler_2010_1.2.xls" (I made sure the filename matched in the options at lower left already.) I'm running Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac.

Hi mgrad92. I wonder where it stops to give that error. Can you send me your 2010 file? Lets see if I have the same issue. compiler@fftoday.com

Hi mgrad92. I wonder where it stops to give that error. Can you send me your 2010 file? Lets see if I have the same issue. compiler@fftoday.com

Thanks -- file sent!

Hi Mike,

Alan Case from Oceanside, CA here again. Still in Barrie? I still have those Sea World tickets waiting for you. Also have passes for the Zoo and Safari Park. Weather (especially compared to the rest of the US) is simply superb this time of year. But, I digress.

I opened the 2010 version (I had three leagues, and used the pull-down the show the league whose rules and scoring I need to transfer to 2011. Then I opened my new 2011 file. Nothing shows in the lower left corner of the action tab. Suggestions?

Thanks again this year for your amazing work in Excel.

All the best,

Alan

Hi Alan. Yep, still in Barrie. Weather hasn't been too bad but could be better too. Bit of a mild August after a scorching July.

What version of the 2011 CC/DB do you have? The copy league settings feature was not in version 1.0. You can download the latest, 2.2, if you don't have it yet.

Aaha! I will download 2.0. I need to start over with my setups, yes?

Which brings to mind:

I have an ESPN team, with the usual 9 starters, one of which is an RB/WR flex (each RB and WR is therefore set to 2.5). We've gone from a 7 bench to a 5.

The three bench options I'm thinking of:

QB 1

RB 1.5

WR 1.5

D 1

QB 1

RB 2.5

WR 1.5

QB 1

RB 1.5

WR 2.5

So, how would you set YOUR backups?

I'd probably go 1-2-2, skip the D. I presume the waiver wire will be used heavily so no sense keeping a backup D on TE roster.

So my totals will look like:

QB 2

RB 4.5

WR 4.5

TE 1

K 1

D 1

OK? CCDB does not need whole numbers for the calks, I assume.

No, its fine with a decimal in the total.

I just realized from the first part of your post though... you don't need to put 0.5 in the RB and 0.5 in the WR starters to account for the flex position. Put 2 for RB and 2 for WR (the starters before the flex), and then 1 under O-Flex starters. Make sure to check that RB and WR are included in the flex, just below the starters and backups on the rules tab. The Compiler will figure out the optimal players for the flex position for your league.

YIPE. I've been doing that wrong for all these years. I am glad you caught that. Ooo, I see it's time for a recompile...

Thanks,

Mike

No problem. That was the really old school way to do it :)