Sign in to follow this  
jtolenick

Projection Pal Possible Issues

I've had very good success using Projection Pal in prior years with the same site I'm using it for this year, however I'm having a couple of issues really preventing me from importing projections:

1) For importing QB data, my website lists the information by LastName, Firstname. When I select this option and click on Copy to Compiler, Projection Pal automatically switches my column header of "Lastname, FirstName" to "FirstName LastName" and therefore doesn't copy anything. Actually, it changes all of my data in projection pal to appear to be for Aaron Rodgers (as he is first in my list). Also, note that it replaced all the data for my player names and updated it in the QB Raw sheet to have Aaron Rodgers as the value.

2) For other positions (RB/WR for example), it is failing to find many people when copying projections even though they are not those people with funny names, nicknames,or duplicates in the NFL. For example, it doesn't transfer Ahmad Bradshaw, Shonn Greene, Peyton Hillis, Joseph Addai for RBs (many more) and for WRs Johnny Know, Santana Moss, Jeremy Maclin are just a few of those that don't get recognized.

Please help. I have a draft tomorrow afternoon and didn't expect to encounter these types of issues. I'm using MS Office 2010 running on Windows 7.

If the web import is causing a problem, please also help me understand how people do this "copy/paste" that some people are referring to. I don't want to copy and paste every value for each person, so I'm hoping there is an easier way if I have to resort to this to copy/paste all values from my website and have the vlookups somehow work to align with the player names in the CC/DB.

Mike, I'll also email you the files so you can see for yourself.

Thanks,

Jason

Hey Jason. Got the email and just downloading now to look at it.

Not sure why you were having trouble Jason, because I downloaded both of your files and the projections copied over. I'm sending back your CC/DB file now. Good luck today!