Sign in to follow this  
Chasgh

Adjust rankings

Mike, how do I make adjustments to rankings. I have a few glaring changes that need to be made (rankings show Mike Wallace and Hakeem Nicks as two top wrs). Cant I move players around based on how I think they should be? Also, on the options page I dont recall ever seeing the "overall rankings method"? What is that asking for? Could you explain the options there and what effect they have on the rankings. The default was "compiler auction recommended". Thanks. Been a long time user and love the product. Really, really like the combining of the compiler with the draft buddy!! Great work!

Oh, hell. I didn't realize I had the auction method set as the default, but the last time I uploaded I was testing out the inflation. Not that it is too different, but for non-auctions the default is Compiler Draft Pick Recommended. Here is all you need to know about the overall ranking methods:

http://fftoday.com/compiler/instructions.html#8

In terms of re-ranking, all you need to do after you've Compiled is go to the offense sheet and change the numbers under Rank and Tier. Then hit the appropriate re-rank button, and the CC/DB should switch them around in the order you want. If you hit Compile Cheatsheets again, note it will wipe out your re-rank changes.

Thanks! Glad to have you back!

Hey Mike,

Is there any way to change it so the function of the compile cheetsheets button so it only does so for the overall tab and leaves the offense tab rankings alone? I'd like to see the new point values, but I want to keep my re-rank changes. I obviously want the most up-to-date projections, my re-ranking tweaks again may take some time. Any suggestions on how to avoid the duplicate work or just suck it up?

Thanks,

Rob

Oh, hell. I didn't realize I had the auction method set as the default, but the last time I uploaded I was testing out the inflation. Not that it is too different, but for non-auctions the default is Compiler Draft Pick Recommended. Here is all you need to know about the overall ranking methods:

http://fftoday.com/compiler/instructions.html#8

In terms of re-ranking, all you need to do after you've Compiled is go to the offense sheet and change the numbers under Rank and Tier. Then hit the appropriate re-rank button, and the CC/DB should switch them around in the order you want. If you hit Compile Cheatsheets again, note it will wipe out your re-rank changes.

Thanks! Glad to have you back!

Hey Mike,

Is there any way to change it so the function of the compile cheetsheets button so it only does so for the overall tab and leaves the offense tab rankings alone? I'd like to see the new point values, but I want to keep my re-rank changes. I obviously want the most up-to-date projections, my re-ranking tweaks again may take some time. Any suggestions on how to avoid the duplicate work or just suck it up?

Thanks,

Rob

Hey Rob. Interesting choice of words in your question. You know what I'm tempted to say :)

You know, I've thought about your last email a few times lately... when I'm not at my computer. Did you get that last issue you were going to ask me about, figured out?

On this question, it is an interesting idea. What if you simply insert a blank worksheet, and copy / paste (paste special - as values) the offense cheatsheet over to the blank worksheet? Then paste it back to the offense cheatsheet after you re-Compile? I think that is probably the easiest and most effective way to do it.

Hey Rob. Interesting choice of words in your question. You know what I'm tempted to say :)

You know, I've thought about your last email a few times lately... when I'm not at my computer. Did you get that last issue you were going to ask me about, figured out?

On this question, it is an interesting idea. What if you simply insert a blank worksheet, and copy / paste (paste special - as values) the offense cheatsheet over to the blank worksheet? Then paste it back to the offense cheatsheet after you re-Compile? I think that is probably the easiest and most effective way to do it.

Hey Mike,

I think I'm just going to just re-rank after tomorrow's update and live with it. Not the worst thing in the world given all the heavy lifting the cheat sheets already do for me. Thanks for the suggestion/option. Thanks for also answering a question without me ever asking it. I was wondering if adding a blank sheet would affect anything in the workbook.

As for my prior email, sorry that I forgot to email you back. As you expected, I must have been doing SOMETHING weird/wrong because when i went back and re-entered all of my adjustment information and changed the formulas, I no longer had any problems. Perhaps I never saved the version I added the formulas to?!?!?! Anyway, thanks, as always for all of your assistance.