Sign in to follow this  
coachchavez

Protect 2 of 3 studs?

After winning it all last year, and you'll see why, I will pick 8th this year in a traditional non ppr league. We franchise 2 players each year. I own Rice, Charles AND Chris Johnson. Whoever I leave out there I will lose forever, so which 2 would YOU protect?

Rice and CJ2K. Having Rice gives you the ability to keep CJ until he signs.

I think you could keep any 2 and be ok.

Although Rice/Charles are on better teams, and Charles/Cj2k would likely face the easiest regular season opponent on average since not stuck with the Steelers rivarly and conference.

This is a lot tougher than it looks at first, being Non-ppr makes it worse as Rice consistently underperforms in this format. I could be talked into Charles/Cj2k lineup, its the ultimate boom or bust any given week either of those guys could carry your team to victory.

I talked myself into Charles/Cj2k. Rice has yet to score enough TD's to be more viable than either of those two in Non-ppr and it is not clear whether or not he will ever get the goal line touches (I dont trust coachspeak until I see it on the field). I am a huge fan of Rice this year but almost all my leagues 9/10 are ppr.

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES. I DO LIKE RICE THIS YEAR B/C I DO FEEL HE IS GOING TO BE THE FOCAL POINT OF THAT TEAM W/ HEAP AND Mason now done. Charles and the Chiefs do face a considerably tougher schedule, and of course missing CJ2 for a few weeks could set me back farther than I'd like early in the year