Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Anyone rolling with Matt Ryan as their only qb?

Is anyone confident enough in Ryan to roll with him as your every week starter?

To me after the big 6 are off the board, he posses as much upside as Ben/Stafford/Shaub without possible risk that they have. Injury concern-yet to do it, O-line/slight injury concern, emerging run game/D.

Ryan threw the ball 571 times last year and added a dynamic WR 2 and healthy slot man. They are ready to run more no huddle.

Any one else view Ryan as the safest thing, with upside, outside of the top tier of qbs?

Ok so I dled the draft buddy and am prepping for my 2 live drafts. I'm not going to let fftoday.coms ranking/projections alter my view too much but does anyone know why Ryan is projected BEHIND both Cutler and Fitzpatrick?

Matt Ryan ATL 8 318 530 3,765 25 14 19 62 0 294.5

They have him throwing for less attempts, less tds when they are planning to open things up?

Doesn't make sense imo. I'm going to use the draft buddy as a way to really get a sense of value/tiers in my league but I dont' love these projections.

The rankings on Doug Orth's Big Board are way more valuable than FFToday's projections.

Matt Ryan was 3700/28 and 9 interceptions last year. They are going to a spread attack with a stated goal of creating big plays a la Green Bay and New Orleans, they gave away the store to get Jones, plus they added a receiving threat out of the backfield (Jacquizz Rodgers) - and, oh yeah, they play virtually all their games in good weather/dome conditions. How is it not reasonable to expect a minimum of 4000/30? And 4000/30 puts him in the top 5 based on last year's numbers. Plus, this year they play the AFC South, and this division is very good to offenses. If you need more, the Falcons play the Jaguars and Panthers during the playoffs!

Other than that, I can't think of any reason to like him :cheers:

I adjusted my entire draft strategy this year, delaying taking a QB until I could get him. Guess you could say I am "all in" with him, and I feel really good about it...

I'd say the fact that Matty chucked the ball 42 times in the 1st half of the Falcons' 3rd preseason game is a good sign of things to come from that offense this season!

Yeah, they won't do that in a regular season game, but they definitely intended to get into rythym with their new high-powered explosive offense :headbanger:

Is anyone confident enough in Ryan to roll with him as your every week starter?

To me after the big 6 are off the board, he posses as much upside as Ben/Stafford/Shaub without possible risk that they have. Injury concern-yet to do it, O-line/slight injury concern, emerging run game/D.

Ryan threw the ball 571 times last year and added a dynamic WR 2 and healthy slot man. They are ready to run more no huddle.

Any one else view Ryan as the safest thing, with upside, outside of the top tier of qbs?

Ryan has stayed healthy, and he has all the weapons around him. If he is not a top 5 Fantasy QB this year I will be very disappointed.

Check out my newest article for Can of Corn Sports: Preseason Player Updates........Own Your Dumb Friends at Fake Football

http://can-of-corn.com/2011/09/02/the-know-it-all-preseason-updates/

Kyle Stafford

@KStafford32