Sign in to follow this  
Bui

Marcedes, Kendricks, or Cook WSIS

Marcedes Lewis - downgrade with release of Garrard?

Kendricks - stud but McDaniels system not extremely favorable to TEs

Cook - stud but Hasselsuck @ QB :-(

Marcedes Lewis - downgrade with release of Garrard?

Kendricks - stud but McDaniels system not extremely favorable to TEs

Cook - stud but Hasselsuck @ QB :-(

I would probably go with Kendricks. He has looked real good in preseason and Phi D is vunerable up the middle with their young LBs.

Thanks man. Yeah i REALLY liked what i saw in the preseason from Kendricks.

Kendricks - not crazy about any of them.

Ty for ur input. Yeah i waited on TE this yr and figured Mercedes Benz could offer up some nice value... now with the garrard news im grasping for straws at TE.

Got Kendricks slotted in right now...but still just completely torn. Is Lewis' value just absolute crap with McCown at QB now?

McDaniels' past use of TEs may not be the best indicator of this year's game plan. From what I've read they'll be using a lot of 2TE sets modeled after NE's use of Gronkowski & Hernandez. STL used their 2nd rd pick to draft him and when it was clear that Hoomanawanui would be able to get back on the field as soon as hoped, they picked up another TE off of waivers. Kendricks scored 3 of STL's 6 receiving TDs (thrown from Bradford) in three different games. The other three went to WRs Avery, Gibson, and Sims-Walker. By the end of preseason he led the team not only in receiving TDs, but receptions, and yardage. While preseason is not regular season, all signs point to him having a great year and I'm predicting he'll finish in the top 10. I've picked him up in any league I could get him (missed 2 I think) and only reached for him in my in-person draft about 10 minutes drive from STL. So maybe I'm high on him, but the commissioner for my league (who drafted in the division a little after mine) picked up the same TE set I did (Kendricks/Pettigrew), so I'm not the only one; we're both starting Kendricks this week. I see him averaging 3.5 receptions and 11ypc with 8 TDs this year.

I'm in the same boat as you at TE, waited a bit and picked up Lewis, thought I had good value, then Garrard gets released.

Thing is, it could go either way for Lewis so a downgrade may be premature...Jax figures to run MJD all day long and their WR corps is not good so Lewis could remain a good option and safety valve for McCown. I'm exploring trades for higher tier TE's like Witten, but I'm not gonna panic just yet, lets see what happens game 1.

I'd go Kendricks as well. While I think Cook has more upside (this week and season), I want to see how he works with Hasselbeck before making him my starter. Kendricks should get about 40 yards with hopefully a TD. He's safer. But if you're looking to go big, go with Cook.

(PLEASE ANSWER MINE OUT! My link)