Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

*** Official Week 3 College Gambling Thread***

Well better than last week but still not in the green. ND game killed me

Found a very cool site that is free that can track your bets. Not perfect but better than what I was using and again free.

http://www.sharpbettracker.com/bets/

YTD College 11-20-2 -8.93 units

Just looking ahead there are a few I like and one I made a long time ago.

Michigan St +8.5

Got this in from "games of the yr" listing from my book down to 5 now and I would still take MSU. OK ND has sucked in both games so far, but they moved the ball well the turnovers just killed them. Regardless this game usually comes down to last possession and should be withing a FG. Last yr MSU beat them on the "Little Giants" fake FG

Looking ahead

Iowa -3 at home vs Pitt. Bad game for Iowa last week, but Pitt has faced two cupcakes and didnt win either very easily.

Boise -20 looks pretty good, may be a 1st half bet depending on what that line is.

Auburn +3 away vs Clemson

Wiky -16.5 vs N. Illonis. Just seems low to me almost like a sucker bet will do more research on it.

Ohio St +3. I'll take the Buckeyes getting points here probably.

Well better than last week but still not in the green. ND game killed me

Found a very cool site that is free that can track your bets. Not perfect but better than what I was using and again free.

http://www.sharpbettracker.com/bets/

YTD College 11-20-2 -8.93 units

Just looking ahead there are a few I like and one I made a long time ago.

Michigan St +8.5

Got this in from "games of the yr" listing from my book down to 5 now and I would still take MSU. OK ND has sucked in both games so far, but they moved the ball well the turnovers just killed them. Regardless this game usually comes down to last possession and should be withing a FG. Last yr MSU beat them on the "Little Giants" fake FG

Looking ahead

Iowa -3 at home vs Pitt. Bad game for Iowa last week, but Pitt has faced two cupcakes and didnt win either very easily.

Boise -20 looks pretty good, may be a 1st half bet depending on what that line is.

Auburn -3 away vs Clemson

Wiky -16.5 vs N. Illonis. Just seems low to me almost like a sucker bet will do more research on it.

Ohio St +3. I'll take the Buckeyes getting points here probably.

Sure got a Bad line on Auburn. They are +3.5. I like Iowa too. Watched most of the game last week besides the OT's. If Iowa's QB doesn't stink it up they should be fine. I was disappointed in him even more than their defense.

Sure got a Bad line on Auburn. They are +3.5. I like Iowa too. Watched most of the game last week besides the OT's. If Iowa's QB doesn't stink it up they should be fine. I was disappointed in him even more than their defense.

Thanks and fixed. I havent taken anything besides the Spartans was just throwing those out there.

Plan to be busy tomorrow at work so getting this in now. Like it a lot more at -3.

LSU -3.5Winner

1st Half Boise St -10.5 Winner

This game is being played at Soldier Field in Chicago. NIU has put up some serious points this year. They are obviously outclassed by Wisky, but NIU has a very underrated QB who can run and throw. NIU should be able to put up some points, but they will give up a ton as well.

Ijust cantr helping past that kansas game and how bad wisky woould beat kansas, of course I am 0 and 6how in b ig ten

Take Iowa-3. Defense gets er done at home. LSU going to tear that ass up tonight tho. Especially with 2 OL out for the game. People underestimating Lee. I cant wait for their running game to run down MSU throats then Lee goes long.

MLB: 201-156-2; +39.3897 units

CFL: 15-9; +25.4 units

NCAA Football: 30-28-3; +9.2 units

WNBA: 9-10; -1.6 units

NFL Football: 7-10-1; -20.8 units

MLB for 5 units

Adding: Colorado (-121) LOSER

LA Dodgers (-185) LOSER

Tampa Bay (+103) WINNER

Kansas City (+108) WINNER

Detroit (-109) LOSER

Philadelphia Gm#2 (-337) WINNER

NCAA Football for 5 units

Mississippi St (+3.5)@-125 LOSER

I didn't watch all of the Oregon LSU game as Boise St was playing at the same time, but of course I remember Oregon self destructing and LSU capitalizing on the mistakes. And Oregon generated more yardage in the game, despite losing by 13 points. LSU beat up Northwestern St last week, and the similarity to the Oregon game is that LSU starts a lot of drives in their opponents territory and scores, but has a lot of trouble moving the ball on offense from their side of the field. So, while we can all agree that LSU has a very good defense, is their offense even good enough to be called mediocre right now? This team was downright offensively challenged last year. They aren't a team likely to keep scoring 40 points a game. The key is whether Miss St can move the ball and not turn it over and keep LSU from playing with short fields. Hell, just get a couple of first downs and punt and pin LSU deep and wait for their chances. And, yes, I think MSU's offense can absolutely play well in this game. LSU is getting around 70% of the action, yet the line has been dropping. This is very telling in a weekday prime time matchup, a lot like the FIU Louisville game last week. The books are telling us that they think Miss St rebounds from the gut wrenching comeback that fell one yard short vs Auburn in a game Miss St dominated stat wise (which was just a bad situational play for Miss St in that matchup) for a positive one as a home dog with multiple revenge. Of course, when you play with multiple revenge, you are also conceding that the other team has dominated the matchup the last number of years (11). I think Miss St is about as good as LSU on their own home field and I'll take a couple of points in case they don't win straight up.

Edit:

MLB: 204-159-2; +34.1897 units

NCAA Football: 30-29-3; +2.95 units

DrBob: Best Bets are 2-1 on 5-2 on a Star Basis and my Strong Opinions are 7-7

Rotation #116 Bowling Green (-9 1/2) 2-Stars at -10 or less.

Rotation #162 Ohio (-3) 2-Stars at -3 or less (at -125 odds or better).

Rotation #174 Florida State (+3 1/2) 4-Stars at +3 or more, 3-Stars as dog of less than 3.

Strong Opinions

Strong Opinion - Rotation #114 Cincinnati (-33 1/2) Strong Opinion at -35 or less.

Strong Opinion - Rotation #120 Temple (+7) Strong Opinion at +7 or more.

Strong Opinion - Rotation #128 Georgia Tech (-14 1/2) Strong Opinion at -16 or less.

Strong Opinion - Rotation #131-132 Wisconsin-Northern Illinois OVER (64) Strong Opinion over 67 or less.

Strong Opinion - Rotation #142 UCLA (+4) Strong Opinion at +3 or more.

Strong Opinion - Rotation #168 Illinois (-1) Strong Opinion at -2 or less, 2-Star Best Bet at +1 or more.

Strong Opinion - Rotation #196 Arkansas (-22 1/2) Strong Opinion at -24 or less, 2-Star Best Bet at -21 or less.

MISS STATE isnt even comparable to LSU. LSU is far superior at every position except maybe QB. That is a maybe.

I strongly disagree.

Good luck. :cheers:

Swirvin, you on SBR at all? I got LSU-3 and ML. Iowa -3 and tad on ML. GL.

Wish I got LSU -3, really exciting game of FG's here

I locked in Iowa St (+4) for 5 units for tomorrow.

I will wait on the line and then lock in Toledo (+) for 5 units

MLB: 204-159-2; +34.1897 units

NCAA Football: 30-29-3; +2.95 units

Friday

Iowa St (+4) WINNER

Toledo (+20.5) LOSER

CFL for 5 units

Hamilton (-4.5) LOSER

MLB for 5 units

Philadelphia (-130) LOSER

Milwaukee (-109) WINNER

LA Angels (-173) LOSER

NY Yankees (-220) LOSER

WNBA for 3 units

Connecticut (-3.5) LOSER

Random thoughts rattling around in my head, without my notes to look at…

U Conn is not a good team. Last week, they lost on the road to a bad Vanderbilt team 24-21, but more noteworthy is that they did not score a TD on offense. They needed a blocked punt return, a fumble return, and two FGS to get on the scoreboard. They just can’t move the ball on offense, and their QB can’t seem to complete passes. Vandy dominated that game. Conn is 6 of 23 on 3rd down conversions this year. U Conn is now coached by former Syracuse coach Paul Pasquoloni, a guy that had seemingly a number of underachieving teams, and the rebuilding process looks daunting. U Conn might be the worst Big East team this year. Iowa St came back and upset Iowa in overtime, but I’m not so sure that is noteworthy either. I watched Iowa play Tenn Tech in week one, as I had Tenn Tech (+40). Iowa won 34-7, and it was phony at that, as they needed two huge returns on INTs returned most of the field to come up with 2 of their TDs. Which probably means that I’m taking Pitt this week. So, anyway, I’m not convinced Iowa St is all that great. They played Northern Iowa to a 20-19 final. Not impressive. But their juco transfer QB Steve Jantz, a dual threat type, played extremely well last week, and Iowa St has a massive size advantage with their offensive line. I might worry about an Iowa St letdown from last week, but I think U Conn is just a much worse team.

I’ve been talking up Boise St for a number of years now. I had a big play on them against Georgia two weeks ago. In competitively lined games against good opponents, Boise St is a slot machine that keeps paying off. However, under head coach Chris Peterson, Boise St is 1-5 ATS when Boise St is favored by more than 7 pts vs a team with a .500 record or better. Boise St has some shaky moments as big favorites vs competitive teams. And they have struggled at times in conference on the road vs lesser opponents. So, Boise is coming off a huge win over their most dangerous opponent on their schedule, they blew out Toledo last year, and have a conference opening game on deck with highly regarded Tulsa. I’m not convinced Boise’s total focus will be on Toledo, despite Toledo nearly knocking off Ohio St last week, and it was no fluke, as they dominated most of the game. Toledo is arguably the best team in the MAC this year, and is very capable of trading points with Boise St with their two rotating QBs. The Glass Bowl has historically been a tough place to play, and it looks like Toledo is back on top after a few years of rebuilding. They returned 18 starters to begin the season, after going bowling last year. Boise is capable of beating Toledo by 40 points, but I’m thinking it will be closer to 10 with a bunch of ugly moments and trick plays that Toledo is renowned for.

Edmonton has lost 4 of it's last 5 games and their season is slipping away after a 5-0 start. Hamilton is an up and down team, as they blew out the defending champs Montreal 2 weeks ago, then got blown out by Montreal last week. Hamilton is 4-1 at home this year, and I like their chances to rebound and beat up Edmonton.

On Boise tonight -18.5. Toledo in a heartbreaker last week vs instate big boys w OSU (hangover). Boise has to cont to run up scores to impress the pollsters. WIN

Saturday:

Bowling Green -8.5 LOSE

Clemson -3.5 WIN

Temple +9.5 WIN

Iowa -3.5 WIN

TCU -28.5 LOSE

Tenn +9.5 LOSE

Minny -3.5 WIN

Army +9.5 WIN

Ark St +25.5 WIN

Cent Fla -4.5 LOSE

Navy +18.5 WIN

Wash St +6.5 LOSE

Ohio -2.5 WIN

Illinios +.5 WIN

Houston -7.5 LOSE

Ala -45.5 LOSE

Troy +24.5 WIN

Miami -1.5 WIN

FSU +3.5 LOSE

Good luck to all

Arkansas -23 (-105)

OklahomaSt -13.5 (-105)

FloridaSt +3 (even)

Ohio -4.5 (-105)Winner

BowlingGreen -9.5 (-105)loser

TCU -29 (-105)loser

Temple +7 (-105)Winner

MinnesotaU -4.5 (-105)Winner

Duke +7 (-105)Winner

Auburn +3.5 (-105)loser

VirginiaTech -24 (-105) loser

1.15 units

OhioSt +2.5 (-105)Winner

Wisconsin(N) -17 (-105)Winner

Iowa -3 (-105)loser

Wow good first half down to the wire on the 1st half, don't like that play call on the half yard line but whatever. Don't think Boise looks that impressive.

Thought missed XP would be costly.

Wow, down by 3-TD's with 4 minutes left and you do an onside kick??? There goes the cover as I'm sure Boise St will score now! :wall:

Nothing like taking a knee and winning the game...Nooooo, they need to cover the spread...I hope Toledo comes down and scores. LOL

MLB: 205-162-2; +13.0397 units

CFL: 15-10; +19.9 units

NCAA Football: 31-30-3; +2.45 units

Saturday. It's been a shitty week. Subject to change. Will add more.

Bowling Green (-9.5) LOSER

Temple (+7) WINNER

Georgia Tech (-15) WINNER

Cincinnati (-34) WINNER

UCLA (+4) LOSER

Arkansas St (+24) WINNER

Ohio U (-5.5) WINNER

Illinois (-2.5) WINNER

Miami Flor (-2.5) WINNER

Arkansas (-23) LOSER

Florida St (+3.5) LOSER

Edit:

CFL: 15-10; +19.9 units

NCAA Football: 38-34-3; +15.45 units

MLB: 205-162-2; +13.0397 units

Sheeeeeit, I like MSU @ its current line +5... nicely done with the 8.5

I'm half tempted to ML them on that one.

:wall: focking losers nice game Dantonio, good good 5th yr starter Cousins you fock, and Martin good job not returning one focking punt. And that Offensive line :nono: At least they wont get blown out in a New Years bowl game this yr, focking loser. one more cake win then they will lose 4 out of 5