Sign in to follow this  
Teren

Foster/Tampa Mike for B. Marshall/Beanie wells?

Should I trade Brandon Marshall and Beanie wells to receive Arian Foster and Tampa Mike Williams. Its a q12 team PPR league and i have Dez Bryant, Matt Forte and James Starks in my current line up.

Post links and I'll help you!

That is tough because we all know what A.Foster can do. Although he is hurt and

hamstring injuries can take a while to heal.

Wells is playing now and you will lose his production but if you think you have enough rb's

to wait on Foster than I would say yes to the trade.

I like the Starks story and I think he will be a good player.

Good Luck!

Thank You for replying to my topic.

Should I trade Brandon Marshall and Beanie wells to receive Arian Foster and Tampa Mike Williams. Its a q12 team PPR league and i have Dez Bryant, Matt Forte and James Starks in my current line up.

Is there anyway you can pry B.Tate from his owner, if so i would roll the dice on your trade. I am also a fan of Starks and believe he will be a 15 touch guy who is capable of filling in for Foster for a few weeks. I happen to be high on B.Wells this year. If Beanie can stay healthy you are looking at 1200 and 10 in my humble opinion.

I wouldn't do that deal. This could be an all year thing with Foster and who knows if it may be RBBC with Tate when he comes back because Tate has looked great. I was not a Mike Williams fan coming into the year and Marshall is one of the more consistent WR's as far rec's and yd's.

Thanks for mine

Thanks for seeing mine.

If you're 0-2, I think about. If you're 2-0, I don't. Basically, you're banking on Foster coming back to 100% soon-ish and dominating like he did last year. That might happen, but hamstring issues linger so it's certainly not a sure thing. It's the same idea that people had when they took Vick in the first round, "If he doesn't get hurt, I win the league," becomes, "If he fully heals, I'm in the playoffs." This is a high risk/reward trade and 2 weeks into the season I don't think a 2-0 (or a 1-1) team needs to be pulling the trigger on those.

Foster is plagued by hammy issues.... Doubt he'll return 100%... Head back to my post check what I wrote bout my leagues scoring lol may change opinions

Okay, so Marshall has more upside than Williams I think, though not a huge difference. They're both high quality tier 2 recievers, with Marshall edging towards tier 1 depending on the matchup. So the question is, does what you lose from the drop off between them get made up by the upgrade that Foster is over Wells. I'm kind of torn, but I think ultimately I wouldn't make the trade. While it could turn out to be a huge boost for you if Foster comes back and starts putting up 150 yard games again, I can easily imagine a scenario where Foster's injury lingers for another 3 or 4 weeks where he fails to play or puts up mediocre numbers, Tate continues to do well so that finally when Foster is back at 100% Tate has played his way into a running back by committee. If that happens, this could be a really horrible deal for you.

So I'd say decline it. While it could catapult you to a stellar team if the stars line up, more likely it will drain your talent considerably for several weeks, if not the whole season.

Thanks for answering mine!

Heck no would I make this trade. Marshall is off 2. Great start. Wells IMO is going 2 have a good yr too. Foster I going 2 deal with that injury year. Williams is way too inconsistent. Stay pat my friend.

Thanks everyone I'm 2-0 now but I'm torn because Wells and Marshall have been good for the first 2 games but I'm scared they could fall off and turn back into their inconsistent selves. Also Kubiak saying Foster was OK just fatigued has me thinking hes gonna keep playing into shape and be a monster again which would definitely put my team over the top.

Kubiank is a liar. What else is he going 2 say. Stay away from him. Sometimes it's the trades u don't make that help you in the end.

I dont like it, why trade 2 guys that are healthy and producing for a guy who albeit has upside but may struggle with a hammy all season and a guy that has not shown up and has a rookie in Preston Parker seriously out performing him.

Too much uncertainty with Foster to make that move unless you think you are one of the weaker teams in your league and you really need to swing for the fences and hope Foster comes back at last year's production and Tate gets sent back to the bench. That's seems unlikely at this point but if you really need a home run to compete it might be worth a try.

you are basically buying low on two potentially great players. i say do it. you have enough depth to bide time till arian gets back and williams will find his groove.

I saw beanie wells left practice early for his hamstring Thursday so I accepted the trade offer while I still could. Figured If I'm gonna have a guy dealing with hamstring issues Fosters upside is way higher.