Sign in to follow this  
panthro

Need Help, Who to Drop

Okay, so here is my dilemma. I play in a 10 team PPR league with positions on offense of QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/Flex WR/RB. Here is my roster:

QB: Tony Romo, Rex Grossman

WR: Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt, Percy Harvin, Mario Manningham

RB: Darren McFadden, Arian Foster, MJD, Fred Jackson, Darren Sproles

TE: Kellen Winslow, Greg Olsen

So, in my league right now both Fred Davis (TE) and Eric Decker (WR) are available. I'd like to get one or both of them, but I don't know who to drop! I need to carry both my QB's because there's a chance that Romo won't play on Monday night. I'm not going to drop any of my RB's obviously. I might want to drop Manningham considering his concussion and poor play, but he's on my league's "Can't Cut List" for some reason. Harvin has been underproducing, but would Decker be an upgrade? Harvin, despite his crappy numbers, has been targeted the most in the Vikings passing game. Plus we do get 6 points for a P/K return for a TD and Harvin has one of those, though he's only done two returns in two games.

And should I drop Winslow or Olsen for Davis? I'm a Panthers fan, and watching us in the pre-season I can't help but feel Olsen is going to explode in this offense pretty soon, and since my league are all my friends in NC, if I drop him he's going to get grabbed up. Winslow hasn't gotten a TD yet, but he's been pretty reliable as a PPR TE so far and I think he'll do better as the season goes on. I'd hate to drop him for a more "flash in the pan" player who will see less time once Cooley comes back anyway.

So, any help would be appreciated! Leave a link and I'll answer yours!

Thanks for seeing mine.

I drop Winslow. I think you're right that Olsen is going to have a great year and Davis looks to be on track for a break out season as well. Winslow is a known quantity at this point in his career and his ceiling isn't as high as either of those guy's potential.

if you really want to pick up Decker I would want drop Manningham for him. Your league really shouldnt have such a strict can't cut list for a 10 team league. Maybe talk to the commissioner. Honestly with the roster you have I cant picture a week where you would want to start him over Marshall, Britt, or Harvin. Depending on bye weeks he may sneak in for a week somewhere, but overall a pretty insignificant move.

The tight ends you have are solid if you had to drop one I would say Olsen but since your a fan I would stick with him than risk dropping for someone that may have already had there best game of the year.

should I accept this trade I was offered? http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=389638

think decker is better than winslow ...,but i dont think winslow is better than any of your current players

id drop winslow. with cam airing it out, olsen will get his touches. davis is a beast for sure. id actually drop harvin for decker. ive been more disgusted with his play than manninghams. plus outside of AP the vikes suck badly at qb. just my .02