Sign in to follow this  
cleve68

Should I accept this trade?

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should I trade (Romo, MJD, Dez) for (Hasselbeck, Steven Jackson, Steve Smith)?

• YES
    • NO

Should I trade (Romo, MJD, Dez) for (Hasselbeck, Steven Jackson, Steve Smith)?????

(12 Team League) (4-3)

Starters

QB Cam Newton

RB Maurice Jones-Drew

RB/WR DeMarco Murray

WR Mike Wallace

WR Dez Bryant

TE Jimmy Graham

K John Kasay

D Cleveland Browns

Bench

QB Tony Romo

QB Jay Cutler

RB Earnest Graham

RB Montario Hardesty

RB Joseph Addai

WR Jordy Nelson

WR Darrius Heyward-Bey

Ask for a position you need and pick up a QB from waiver wire for bye week play. You won't play Hasselback over Cam.

So if you can get 3 guys you will play yes. But don't trade bench for bench for that trade. SJax is not going to compare with MJD at year end. Although Smith is a great pickup.

Just explaining my vote since as of now I am your only one. COuld work but I would go for three players I would weekly.

I think you should make the trade. Here's why:

Cam Newton is going to be your starter over Romo every week. Cam throws for 300 yards every game because the Panthers are always down on the scoreboard. Plus, he will get rushing TD's. It doesn't hurt you to lose Romo, so trading for Hasselbeck isn't a horrible deal.

In reality, MJD is a better back than Steven Jackson, but in fantasy land, I would take Jackson. The Jaguars offense is horrible. Defenses are not scared of Blaine Gabbert, and will load up on MJD. He will get yards, but very few TD's because admittedly the Jaguars don't score very often. On the other hand, you could say the Rams have looked pretty bad themselves, but that's because the Rams have faced the toughest schedule through their first 7 weeks. From here on out, their schedule is much easier. You will get a lot of good matchups for SJax from poor run defenses like Arizona and Seattle. The fact that the Rams have Bradford and Brandon Lloyd makes defenses have to account for the passing game too, so there will be less attention on Jackson. Going forward, Steve Jackson has the easier schedule and the better offense, which will mean more fantasy production for him over MJD.

Steve Smith is obviously the better fantasy receiver over Dez Bryant. Smith usually gets 150+ yards a game, and there has been a lot of times where he's dragged down at the 1 yard line. It's only a matter of time before he gets the 40-yard TD's rather than the 39 yard receptions down to the 1. Smith is a top 5 fantasy receiver right now, Dez is pretty far down the list.

I say take the deal. You might lose a little in Romo for Hasselbeck, but you get a lot more by getting SJax and Smith on your roster.

Romo>Hass

MJD>Sjax

Dez<Smith

So in its current state, you are getting shafted. Sjax is not great this year. MJD hasn't been great either, but he's still much better than Sjax. Hasselbeck is the part I don't understand. Why do you need another QB? Ask for a RB or WR instead. Plus you already have Cutler to fill in on Newtons bye.