Sign in to follow this  
DrJ

Rule Vote #5 - Rookie Draft Contraction

The current proposal is as follows:

We will be contracting the rookie draft down to 6 rounds starting in 05'.

For this year's draft, we will give a team an option of dropping up to 2 of their draft picks and in exchange they will be allowed to keep an extra player for each of those selections that they forfeit.

There are 3 options in this vote:

A) Cut down to 6 rounds in 05', allow teams to forfeit up to 2 draft picks this year for extra keepers.

:rolleyes: Leave the draft as is this season and just cut down to 6 rounds in 05'

C) Leave the draft at 8 rounds.

Edited to add:

Still need votes from Steve, CMT, Fantasyfan

A, with one amendment : we insert a new rule that the defending champ gets to make all 6 of his picks before the rookie draft begins. :rolleyes:

As a non-critical rule change, this will require 90% approval. One more non-A vote and this will be put through next year instead.

I'll sent an email to the 3 that haven't voted on this later today.

Alright, this is going to be put through next season.

For this draft, it's business as usual. Next year the number of keepers is 24 and the draft is 6 rounds.

This is where my confusion is comgin from. I thought this meant we could keep 24 if we wanted too....

A) Cut down to 6 rounds in 05', allow teams to forfeit up to 2 draft picks this year for extra keepers.

This is where my confusion is comgin from. I thought this meant we could keep 24 if we wanted too....

That is what it meant, but we needed pretty much everyone on board for that for it to pass under our rules, and we didn't get enough. Thus, this year is the same and it gets put through next year.

Will we ever be reducing the number of PKs and DTs required, or wis that done, or is that another discussion altogether..?

What's the finality on THIS here idear?

Will we ever be reducing the number of PKs and DTs required, or wis that done, or is that another discussion altogether..?

What's the finality on THIS here idear?

Got voted down, both for during the season and during the draft. We will go ahead and revisit this again in the offseason.

So, we won't be cutting down the draft to six rounds..?

No, draft is 6 rounds. Positional minimums are still intact.