Sign in to follow this  
P.I.

Roddy, Dez, Percy, Gronk

regardless of position, if you could only start 3 of the following, who sits the bench this week...and why?

Gronk @ Redskins

White @ Panthers

Dez vs. Giants

Harvin @ Detroit

regardless of position, if you could only start 3 of the following, who sits the bench this week...and why?

Gronk @ Redskins

White @ Panthers

Dez vs. Giants

Harvin @ Detroit

Now you just have to figure out 2 of 3, I would personally go with White and Dez, White usually gets double digit targets and has been doing very well of late. Dez is going against a Giants D that's been getting killed on defense.

You also didn't mention if it's PPR or Standard. PPR may sneak Harvin into the mix but Romo has been playing great lately.

Now you just have to figure out 2 of 3, I would personally go with White and Dez, White usually gets double digit targets and has been doing very well of late. Dez is going against a Giants D that's been getting killed on defense.

You also didn't mention if it's PPR or Standard. PPR may sneak Harvin into the mix but Romo has been playing great lately.

What is the logic in benching Gron? I NEVER bench studs. JMO of course.

Gronk @ Redskins

White @ Panthers

Dez vs. Giants

Harvin @ Detroit

First, I don't think you can bench Gronk for anyone right now -- dude is a TD-catching machine and Brady loves him. From the other three options, I'd probably go with Dez and Harvin. Romo is playing pretty well right now, and Dez seems like a lock for 70+ yards and a TD. Harvin has been playing better with Ponder at the helm, and the Lions' secondary is truly terrible.

:dunno:

What is the logic in benching Gron? I NEVER bench studs. JMO of course.

I think he meant you start Gronk no matter what. Then he said you "just have to pick 2 out of the other 3". It confused me at first though too because he crossed out Gronk on the list. I think he did that saying Gronk is a definite start over all of them. :dunno:

Gronk @ Redskins

White @ Panthers

Dez vs. Giants

Harvin @ Detroit

Agreed with Gronk is a no brainer. For me I would go White and Harvin. White seems to be completely healed and Atl is trying to make a run (not too good right now). They will lean on their top guys. Minn has finally figured out how to use Harvin. This has been necessary because of AP being on the mend. I don't see this changing and we know Detroit's secondary is average at best. The question is can Ponder get enough time to throw. Dez seems to be a good play but with Austin coming back this week it is tough to know how his presence will affect the distribution of balls. I think Dallas will try and keep Robinson on the field in what can be considered the one of or the best threesome for receivers. Just too many questions and ifs for me. The other scenarios appear to be better situations. Tough call though.

Agreed with Gronk is a no brainer. For me I would go White and Harvin. White seems to be completely healed and Atl is trying to make a run (not too good right now). They will lean on their top guys. Minn has finally figured out how to use Harvin. This has been necessary because of AP being on the mend. I don't see this changing and we know Detroit's secondary is average at best. The question is can Ponder get enough time to throw. Dez seems to be a good play but with Austin coming back this week it is tough to know how his presence will affect the distribution of balls. I think Dallas will try and keep Robinson on the field in what can be considered the one of or the best threesome for receivers. Just too many questions and ifs for me. The other scenarios appear to be better situations. Tough call though.

Sounding like Ponder might not play. He's got a hip injury. So it would be Joe Webb at QB for Harvin.

Webb's 2 starts last year he threw to Harvin like crazy but didn't produce much other offense on a whole. No TD passes.

I really appreciate everyone's input. I am definitely going to start Gronk. White played horrible against the Panthers earlier this season, so he worries me. I agree with the comments about Dez...he is hit or miss. If ponder plays, I think Harvin is a sure bet for good production....