Sign in to follow this  
GridIronAssassin#1

Dropping Chris Johnson week 16

I drafted Chris Johnson in the 2nd round, and started him in the majority of weeks this year. He's had a couple of good weeks but mainly he's been a major disappointment. I think Tennessee has lost all hope for any kind of playoff dreams, and Chris Johnson doesn't seem motivated anymore. I did manage to wriggle into the championship game despite having Chris Johnson this season.

(Tue, Dec 20

Although Johnson's ankle is sore, tests on the ankle came back negative, Tennessean writer Jim Wyatt reports.

Recommendation: Johnson will officially be listed as "questionable" and should miss some time during practice this week going into Saturday's game against the Jaguars. If Johnson is unable to play, the Titans will not have many options to run the ball beyond rookie Jamie Harper.

(Rotowire.com))

I know the pathetic stats Chris Johnson puts up when he's not motivated and it's enough to sink your game for the week. I also read somewhere that one of the passes that was in the direction of Chris Johnson ended up being intercepted. The thing is, is that the coach said Chris Johnson could've put up more of a battle on that pass so it wouldn't have been intercepted. So, my read is that the coach isn't liking his play and Chris Johnson won't have any reason to play with any gusto if at all. So, the plan I dreamt up is to drop Chris Johnson for somebody(anybody at this point), and try to get my opponent to pick him up and start him against me. It may not be a big enough bullet to sink his whole team, but it will probably put his team in great jeopardy of losing if he does play CJ.

I drafted Chris Johnson in the 2nd round, and started him in the majority of weeks this year. He's had a couple of good weeks but mainly he's been a major disappointment. I think Tennessee has lost all hope for any kind of playoff dreams, and Chris Johnson doesn't seem motivated anymore. I did manage to wriggle into the championship game despite having Chris Johnson this season.

(Tue, Dec 20

Although Johnson's ankle is sore, tests on the ankle came back negative, Tennessean writer Jim Wyatt reports.

Recommendation: Johnson will officially be listed as "questionable" and should miss some time during practice this week going into Saturday's game against the Jaguars. If Johnson is unable to play, the Titans will not have many options to run the ball beyond rookie Jamie Harper.

(Rotowire.com))

I know the pathetic stats Chris Johnson puts up when he's not motivated and it's enough to sink your game for the week. I also read somewhere that one of the passes that was in the direction of Chris Johnson ended up being intercepted. The thing is, is that the coach said Chris Johnson could've put up more of a battle on that pass so it wouldn't have been intercepted. So, my read is that the coach isn't liking his play and Chris Johnson won't have any reason to play with any gusto if at all. So, the plan I dreamt up is to drop Chris Johnson for somebody(anybody at this point), and try to get my opponent to pick him up and start him against me. It may not be a big enough bullet to sink his whole team, but it will probably put his team in great jeopardy of losing if he does play CJ.

If you do this, and CJ plays well, which is highly possible, you will never be able to forget it. The Titans are a desperate team and they should rally at home against a terrible JAC team - especially coming off last weeks loss to IND. CJ's ankle is supposedly fine and they should run him 20-25 times assuming they're ahead.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to run CJ or Ryan Mathews (it won't be Blount!), but I think CJ has another big game in him with the chips on the line. Of course, I'm in a PPR league and his ability to catch passes pads his meager stats. Anyway, you don't have to play him, but I wouldn't put him up for grabs.

In all seriousness....

Do not play games with the fantasy gods. What you think looks obvious on paper is seldom the case when they play the games...especially weeks 16 & 17. I considered throwing a game week 13 that didn't count for me to try and dicate who I played weeks 14 & 15 to start the playoffs. Then I remembered the fantasy gods and how they like to F$*# with my me and so I fielded the best team and won. Looking back, I would have beat them both but would have had a much harder time with the team I originally thought would have been a cake walk.

Like "bring back" said, if you do this and he does well you will never forget it. My disclaimer is that I don't follow CJ at all, but reading the story lines you posted shows me a player who may try his best to polish the turd of a season he's had by finishing strong. Besides, a freak injury is always just around the corner and sometimes you need the depth.

Play your best team and forget the rest of the nonsense. Just my $0.02.

I have a good example. The #1 seed in my big money league dominated all year. He set a record for most points in a season. His team:

Brady

AP

Steven jackson

Welker

Aj green

Gronk

He scored 76 points first round of playoffs and lost.

I was second seed and also scored a ton of points.

Romo

Foster

CjnoK

Cruz

Wallace

Davis

I lost the first round because i played the highest scoring team the first round. Both our teams looked dominant and i really didnt want to play the first seed. If i would have lost 2 more games i would be 4th seed and going to superbowl with a good shot.

You never know what is going to happen so just play and try to win. You will not screw anyone over in the process and look like a jag.