Sign in to follow this  
Your Playing 4 Second

Fantasy Playoff Strategy

I never understood this. Take the player you think will score more points. If they happen to be on the same team, then they're on the same team. That said though, I'd rather have a roster with "team diversity." If for instance you end up drafting Brady, Welker, and Gronkowski... then great, you have three very good players. Downside is, what if Brady gets hurt? Suddenly you have question marks on not just one roster position, but three.

Playoff fantasy is too short to worry about a guy like Brady getting hurt, its go big or go home to me.

Last year many of the top players were heavy on Green Bay players, they played from the Wild Card round all the way to the super bowl, earning x2, x3, x4 bonus's along the way.

One might argue that choosing heavily from a team like the Saints, who have the potential to go to the Superbowl from the Wild Card round, just as Green Bay did last year. Picture Brees, Graham, Colston, Sproles and Kasay on your team in the final week, all having x4 bonus's; That is how people won with Green Bay players last year.

Playoff fantasy is too short to worry about a guy like Brady getting hurt, its go big or go home to me.

Last year many of the top players were heavy on Green Bay players, they played from the Wild Card round all the way to the super bowl, earning x2, x3, x4 bonus's along the way.

One might argue that choosing heavily from a team like the Saints, who have the potential to go to the Superbowl from the Wild Card round, just as Green Bay did last year. Picture Brees, Graham, Colston, Sproles and Kasay on your team in the final week, all having x4 bonus's; That is how people won with Green Bay players last year.

Would your thoughts change if it were a salary cap league and you could pick a new team every week as long as you stay under the cap?

are their any bonus's for picking players on winning teams, or do u just draft new team every week, staying under a given cap?

The style I play in the playoffs often rewards choosing players from teams that go on to multiple rounds. Due to this, I will not pick Calvin Johnson despite being the most talented WR, i believe his team will lose in the wild card. Instead I will prolly choose Colston, whom I can see helping the Saints go to the superbowl.

If the league does not have such bonus's I would likely play someone like Calvin instead just for the week, knowing I can grab someone new next week if he is gone, such as Welker or Jordy Nelson when NE and GB play, the tough part is managing your salary cap.

are their any bonus's for picking players on winning teams, or do u just draft new team every week, staying under a given cap?

The style I play in the playoffs often rewards choosing players from teams that go on to multiple rounds. Due to this, I will not pick Calvin Johnson despite being the most talented WR, i believe his team will lose in the wild card. Instead I will prolly choose Colston, whom I can see helping the Saints go to the superbowl.

If the league does not have such bonus's I would likely play someone like Calvin instead just for the week, knowing I can grab someone new next week if he is gone, such as Welker or Jordy Nelson when NE and GB play, the tough part is managing your salary cap.

You need to stay under a cap. There is a bonus for keeping a player from the previous week. Right now my team looks like this.

Brees

Ryan

Calvin

Colston

Foster

Redmen

Graham

Rackers

Steelers

My thought is to drop Calvin and Ryan and go with Eli and Cruz.

I like that team very much, and the proposed move to grab Eli and Cruz I like as well, in one of my leageus my WR's are Colston and Cruz, I believe and hope in the Giants beating ATL.

You draft guys from teams you think will win but the 1st round may drive your draft. We picked draft spots out of a hat and I drew 3rd overall. Brees went first, followed by Rodgers. I went with Brady so that kind of decided it for me...I'm a Pats fan now. Grabbed what I could along with Giants from the NFC b/c I think they could be dangerous.

Playoff drafts are so different than regular season. A solid QB/WR or QB/TE combo could very well put you over when 4 games is the most you can get out of a guy.