Sign in to follow this  
SkinzRule

How can I add supplemental picks

How can I add supplemental draft picks to a given round?? Our keeper league allows us to throw back keepers in return for extra draft picks. For example, Team X discards a keeper running back and gets an extra third round draft pick. Thus I need to have 13 picks in draft round 3, rather than the usual 12. Any ideas?

I don't think we can make a particular round have more picks than Buddy expects. For 12 teams it expects 12 picks each round. I haven't programmed for supplemental picks. However, we could handle this a couple ways.

1. Make it a keeper league, setting the number of keepers to the max number one team has supplemental picks. When the supplemental picks come up in the draft, then switch to the keepers tab and input those players there.

2. Add the picks on at the end. You can specify more draft rounds than you need. You can then customize the draft order for that last round or rounds (however many you need), and again, when the picks come up scroll the draft report down to the bottom and input the picks there.

I guess you could add rounds to the draft and then customize the draft order for the entire draft report tab, but that sounds like a huge pain and the draft pick numbers won't match up (i.e. 13th pick in the 2nd round will show as 1st pick in the 3rd round).

Sorry it doesn't specifically handle supplemental picks, but those two options should work pretty well to handle them instead.

I don't think we can make a particular round have more picks than Buddy expects. For 12 teams it expects 12 picks each round. I haven't programmed for supplemental picks. However, we could handle this a couple ways.

1. Make it a keeper league, setting the number of keepers to the max number one team has supplemental picks. When the supplemental picks come up in the draft, then switch to the keepers tab and input those players there.

2. Add the picks on at the end. You can specify more draft rounds than you need. You can then customize the draft order for that last round or rounds (however many you need), and again, when the picks come up scroll the draft report down to the bottom and input the picks there.

I guess you could add rounds to the draft and then customize the draft order for the entire draft report tab, but that sounds like a huge pain and the draft pick numbers won't match up (i.e. 13th pick in the 2nd round will show as 1st pick in the 3rd round).

Sorry it doesn't specifically handle supplemental picks, but those two options should work pretty well to handle them instead.

Mike, thanks for the response. Option 1 sounded like it would work, I'm set up as a keeper league, but when I changed from 6 keepers to 10 keepers on the "Rules" tab, nothing happened on the "Keepers" tab. Still just the 6 drop-down boxes for each team. Can we fix that somehow? Saving & reopening Draft Buddy didn't make any difference.

Regarding option 2 (adding the extra picks to extra draft rounds at the end of the regular draft). Question: Wont that mess up the "Current Pick" counter from tabs "Summary," "Offense," & "Overall?"

Thanks again if you can help.

Mike, thanks for the response. Option 1 sounded like it would work, I'm set up as a keeper league, but when I changed from 6 keepers to 10 keepers on the "Rules" tab, nothing happened on the "Keepers" tab. Still just the 6 drop-down boxes for each team. Can we fix that somehow? Saving & reopening Draft Buddy didn't make any difference.

Tab "action" -> Compile Cheatsheets

Hey SkinzRule. As fraggle is saying (thanks), you need to hit Compile Cheatsheets to get Buddy to change the number of keeper rows from 6 to 10. Did you already input keepers? If so, then first change the option to "Reset Keepers?" to "no". That should do it.

I think if you skip a bunch of picks on the draft report tab, which is what would happen with the supplemental picks at the end, then the current pick pointer will still hit the proper pick earlier in the report. Let me double check that.

Yep, just checked and that seems to be okay. Current pick will stay as the first blank pick on the draft report tab.