Sign in to follow this  
utvol5

Keeper league - 7th overall pick.....NEED HELP!

Im in a 10 team PPR keeper league. My keepers are Tom Brady - LeSean McCoy - DeMarco Murray

I have the 7th overall pick, and based on my keepers should I go WR - WR with my 1st two picks?

depends if they are the top tier WRs that are still available. You could also consider WR followed by the top TE ( Graham or Gronk).

Im in a 10 team PPR keeper league. My keepers are Tom Brady - LeSean McCoy - DeMarco Murray

I have the 7th overall pick, and based on my keepers should I go WR - WR with my 1st two picks?

What are your roster requirements and what is the scoring system? I would assume you would definitely want to get at least one WR in the first couple of rounds, as you have a stud QB, a stud RB, and a potential stud RB already. However, if people protect a bunch of WR, or there is a run on them, I wouldn't be opposed to taking another RB (or a Graham/Gronk if available) over reaching for a dime-a-dozen WR.

League rules:

17 roster spots ( 3 qb's, 4 rbs, 4 wr, 2 te, 2 def, 2 kickers)

Start 1 qb, 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 flex, 1 def, 1 kicker, 1 te

As of today, there are still a couple of guys that have not submitted their keepers. Here are the wr's that are not available:

C johnson

V Cruz

R white

Aj green

R gronkowski (te)

J graham (te)

Julio jones

Andre Johnson

Again, I have the 7th pick and my keepers are Tom Brady, LeSean McCoy, demarco Murray. What should be my game plan for the draft?

Sorry forgot to give our scoring system

6pts per td

1 pt per reception

1 pt for every 20yds passing

1 pt for every 10 yds rushing and receiving

Ignore this - he missed the part about these players being unavailable.

He's right about the RB though. Based on this list, it looks like there may be a ton of talent at WR available, meaning if a better value presents itself at another position like RB, don't be afraid to go for it just because you don't have a WR on your roster already.

The only positions off the table for your first 2 picks are QB and TE (because the best 2 are gone). So I would say you have to have 1 WR in the first 2 picks but not necessarily 2. If there is value at RB go for it. I see you can start up to 3.

You have a solid start with McCoy for a PPR league, but you have the chance to run away with things if you can land another solid PPR back, so don't box yourself into a corner with what position you have to draft like WR. Your in a great spot already and you still get to draft No. 7 overall. I would roll with the punches a be ready to take best available.

You guys seem to agree that I should not be afraid to take a RB with my first pick if there is a good one available. My question is how should I decide on whether to take a RB or WR with my 1st pick? Simply, if the #8 RB and #9 WR is available I should go with the RB? What cheat sheet/projections should I use?? Can you give me some scenarios based on the RB's and WR's that are available from the list below? In other words if any of these 3 RB's are available at the 7th pick take them over any of the WR's.....See list below

RB's----Sproles, Turner, Matthews, R Bush, S Jackson, Fred Jackson, M Bush, F Gore, T Richardson, A Bradshaw, J Stewart, B wells, Mendenhall, P Thomas, D McFadden, Cj Spiller, J Best

WR's----L Fitz (prob wont be available), a johnson, J Nelson, S Smith (Car), P Harvin, B Marshall, M Colston, m Wallace, H Nicks, V Jax, G Jennings, P Garcon, R Wayne, D Jackson, B Loyd

Thanks so much! Feel free to leave any questions that you might need help on

You guys seem to agree that I should not be afraid to take a RB with my first pick if there is a good one available. My question is how should I decide on whether to take a RB or WR with my 1st pick? Simply, if the #8 RB and #9 WR is available I should go with the RB? What cheat sheet/projections should I use?? Can you give me some scenarios based on the RB's and WR's that are available from the list below? In other words if any of these 3 RB's are available at the 7th pick take them over any of the WR's.....See list below

RB's----Sproles, Turner, Matthews, R Bush, S Jackson, Fred Jackson, M Bush, F Gore, T Richardson, A Bradshaw, J Stewart, B wells, Mendenhall, P Thomas, D McFadden, Cj Spiller, J Best

WR's----L Fitz (prob wont be available), a johnson, J Nelson, S Smith (Car), P Harvin, B Marshall, M Colston, m Wallace, H Nicks, V Jax, G Jennings, P Garcon, R Wayne, D Jackson, B Loyd

Thanks so much! Feel free to leave any questions that you might need help on

Get a PPR cheat sheet that you like. Draw a line under the 30th ranked player. Cross off every player that is unavailable. Any player above the line that is not crossed off is considered a good value. I'd recommend http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ppr-cheatsheets.php

If Matthews, McFadden or Sproles are available, I'd consider either of them. They're all valued as top 2 round talent, so picking them up in what is essentially the 4th round, would be a steal.

Having 2 solid RB's already, Matthews current injury status shouldn't impact you very much. If McFadden happens to get hurt you still have good depth so you could survive this. Sproles is simply a monster in PPR leagues. There's enough talent at WR that you should be able to get a reliable WR1 with your next pick.

If these RB's are gone, I'd get a WR with this pick. With the following pick I'd consider Richardson, the Jacksons, and Bradshaw, then back to WR.

Fitzgerald

A Johnson

Jennings

Harvin

Hicks

Colston

Marshall

Nelson

Get a PPR cheat sheet that you like. Draw a line under the 30th ranked player. Cross off every player that is unavailable. Any player above the line that is not crossed off is considered a good value. I'd recommend http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ppr-cheatsheets.php

If Matthews, McFadden or Sproles are available, I'd consider either of them. They're all valued as top 2 round talent, so picking them up in what is essentially the 4th round, would be a steal.

Having 2 solid RB's already, Matthews current injury status shouldn't impact you very much. If McFadden happens to get hurt you still have good depth so you could survive this. Sproles is simply a monster in PPR leagues. There's enough talent at WR that you should be able to get a reliable WR1 with your next pick.

If these RB's are gone, I'd get a WR with this pick. With the following pick I'd consider Richardson, the Jacksons, and Bradshaw, then back to WR.

Fitzgerald

A Johnson

Jennings

Harvin

Hicks

Colston

Marshall

Nelson

Very helpful information....thanks so much! Who should be some WR's i could target in the 5th, 6th, or 7th rounds??? Sleepers if you will

Yes, don't be afraid of a RB with your first pick. Injuries are common and it will also give you a chance to make a trade if necessary. Also, there's the playoff schedule and teams being out of the race at the end of the season. Last year McCoy killed a lot of people in week 16. That said, great possession WRs in PPR leagues are money. Last season in my league WELKER (i haven't seem him mentioned) was the #2 overall WR and he should do great again. Nicks, Andre Johnson and Jennings (check health) are all big time WRs that you should consider.

Good luck.

If anybody has a second please help with mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=404251

in this group this is how i would lay it out

Lfitz(seriously doubt he will be there)

mattheews,

sjax

Richardson,

jennings

a johnson

marshall

dont forget miles austin

mine please

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=404254