Sign in to follow this  
Ray Lucas

Ridley vs Vereen

Who wins the RB battle in New England? I picked Ridley in round 8, then followed up with Vereen in round 13. Do you project whoever the starter is to put up Green-Ellis type numbers? In my opinion, both backs have more talent. Surely, I can't be the only fantasy owner with big fantasy implications resting on the backfield in New England?

I was planning on doing something similar. I have no idea who is going to emerge from the group (if anyone), but I think you played it right.

Unless there is a season-ending injury to either one, I'll take whomever gets drafted later. So far it looks like Ridley will be drafted 1st so I'll take Vereen if I have to choose one.

Last year's totals:

Green-Ellis: 826 total yards, 11TD (with a <4.0 ypc)

Feel like Ridley or Vereen will at least best that. Belichick doesn't exactly do a RBBC. Last time the Patriots didn't have a featured back, was in 2008 when they split carries between Kevin Faulk and Sammy Morris. They also had a feature back in 2006 between Corey Dillon and Laurence Maroney. Dillon had 13 TDs similar to the Law-Firm the past few years. Feel like the worst case scenario is both guys average 800ish yards on similar carries, and one becomes the goal-line back destined for 10+TDs. My guess, one breaks free and becomes the lead back getting 65-70% of the carries and scores and gets a decent amount of red zone targets.