Sign in to follow this  
mstephans

Adjust auction value by position?

Hi all! Long time user here, and I love modding it to adjust to our particular format. We have transition tags so I add an extra sheet with that info and then modify the conditional formatting on the Offense and IDP tabs to highlight those players, and I also mod it to show my keepers in purple so I can see what I have at a glance. There is one thing I can't figure out, though, and I think it should be doable...

The compiler settings and dollar amounts don't jibe with what we pay. This is a bias in our league, for sure, but I would like to get the numbers close to how we value players. Notably, QBs are normally higher and RBs are lower in the compiler. I move the weights to try and adjust, but what I really want is a way to say "Allocate 25% of the available money to RBs, allocate 15% to QBs, 0% to kickers..." so that I can raise or lower the value of a specific position. Is that possible (even if it's some digging for me)? OR am I missing a way to make the weighting work?

Sounds like you do some pretty cool stuff with Draft Buddy. Nice job.

The weights - I assume you mean the baseline adjustments - impact the Value calculation on the overall rankings. Then Buddy takes the dollars available for the auction and spreads it across the draftable player pool based on those value numbers. It doesn't do it by position, nor can you allocate dollars by position. You can adjust the baseline which will impact the value numbers, but it only works to a degree. There is a limit you can move that baseline and impact the value calc.

You what I just noticed/remembered opening up Draft Buddy for my auction league? You can't directly adjust the dollar values on the cheatsheets. We used to be able to, but with the single cheat sheet format (remember the old left-side, right-side cheatsheets on each tab?), it isn't an option if we want to keep the formulas in place for the inflation adjustments.

Try this though... unhide the sheet "calcs". In there you'll see a long list of players for the overall rankings. The yellow highlighted cells are the pre-inflation max bid values, and they are data. You could go through this, and manually adjust the dollars as you see fit. For example, start by dropping all K to $1 each, if they aren't already. Inflation should automatically change the remaining dollar values on the cheatsheets.

Note if you hit Compile Cheatsheets again, it will remove your edits, and there really won't be a good way to put them back, because even if you copy/paste the data somewhere else, then the players will probably be in a different order when you try to put your changes back.

Good luck!

Ooh! I never knew there was a hidden sheet. I will play with this. Thanks!

Sounds like you do some pretty cool stuff with Draft Buddy. Nice job.

The weights - I assume you mean the baseline adjustments - impact the Value calculation on the overall rankings. Then Buddy takes the dollars available for the auction and spreads it across the draftable player pool based on those value numbers. It doesn't do it by position, nor can you allocate dollars by position. You can adjust the baseline which will impact the value numbers, but it only works to a degree. There is a limit you can move that baseline and impact the value calc.

You what I just noticed/remembered opening up Draft Buddy for my auction league? You can't directly adjust the dollar values on the cheatsheets. We used to be able to, but with the single cheat sheet format (remember the old left-side, right-side cheatsheets on each tab?), it isn't an option if we want to keep the formulas in place for the inflation adjustments.

Try this though... unhide the sheet "calcs". In there you'll see a long list of players for the overall rankings. The yellow highlighted cells are the pre-inflation max bid values, and they are data. You could go through this, and manually adjust the dollars as you see fit. For example, start by dropping all K to $1 each, if they aren't already. Inflation should automatically change the remaining dollar values on the cheatsheets.

Note if you hit Compile Cheatsheets again, it will remove your edits, and there really won't be a good way to put them back, because even if you copy/paste the data somewhere else, then the players will probably be in a different order when you try to put your changes back.

Good luck!