Sign in to follow this  
wrangler07

Immediate help please!

I am in an auction league with a cap of $200, 16 players, keep as many as you like. I have (RB)Rice @ $72, (RB)Wells @ $41, (WR)V. Jackson @ $17. We start 1 qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1k. I have trade offers for Rice as follows - Welker ($29)& Austin ($13) or Rivers ($24)& Garcon ($7)& Ingram ($41) or any one of these 3 - Forte ($45), Benson ($13), Kendall Hunter ($7). Obviously I am trying to get cheaper so I have enough cap space to fill my roster! What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Ken

I'm too lazy to try and figure out exactly what you are asking (or not smart enough; either could apply) but I see Austin, Forte, Kendall Hunter as good values. Garcon is a VERY GOOD value. Wells and Benson are not worth it!! If I'm reading this right, Rivers, Garcon, and Forte would be a great trade for Rice. Surely that's not the deal. Or is it?

You have been a creepy little lurker for 5 years and your first post is to put it on the wrong board? Wtf is the matter with you? I expect more from a long time lurker.

You have been a creepy little lurker for 5 years and your first post is to put it on the wrong board? Wtf is the matter with you? I expect more from a long time lurker.

Cut him some slack. Maybe there's a good reason why he doesn't post. Or, maybe you're right, but still don't have to go there.

To answer the actual questions asked:

Don't even think about keeping Beanie for $41. Rice is expensive at that price and if you let him go back into the auction, you may be able to get him for less, but there's nothing wrong with keeping him at that price either. I also don't think Vincent Jackson is worth that price, though I could definitely be undervaluing him.

I don't really like the trade offers for Rice, though if you decide he's not worth $72, trading him for someone like Hunter for $7 is not a bad idea, especially in a keeper league.

If you want to clear cap space, you could always get rid of everyone, but it depends on who is actually available. If a lot of players, particulalry RBs, are being kept, you should probably keep Rice and then build from there.

Personally I'd stick with Rice but if you feel the need to trade him, then I'd lean towards the 1st trade including Welker/Austin/Rivers. If you traded for Forte, would it be just him straight up for Rice?

Cut him some slack. Maybe there's a good reason why he doesn't post. Or, maybe you're right, but still don't have to go there.

To answer the actual questions asked:

Don't even think about keeping Beanie for $41. Rice is expensive at that price and if you let him go back into the auction, you may be able to get him for less, but there's nothing wrong with keeping him at that price either. I also don't think Vincent Jackson is worth that price, though I could definitely be undervaluing him.

I don't really like the trade offers for Rice, though if you decide he's not worth $72, trading him for someone like Hunter for $7 is not a bad idea, especially in a keeper league.

If you want to clear cap space, you could always get rid of everyone, but it depends on who is actually available. If a lot of players, particulalry RBs, are being kept, you should probably keep Rice and then build from there.

Maybe a little slack. Just don't want people getting used to posting all their questions on this board. I know Mike will police it once he feels necessary but when people find a board that allows their questions to be answered it runs rampant and is very annoying.

I would definitely be considering Forte for Rice. I am not in any auction leagues so I cannot really compare any past experience with it. At 62.5% of the cost of Rice you can have a guy in Forte that had more yards from scrimmage than Rice before he was injured. I know Bush will eat into his TD a bit but if you want a consistent yard producing RB with the ability to break long plays then Forte is your guy. I do like Kendall Hunter but am not too optimistic about him being a consistent point producer. I love consistency and I believe it is an overlooked aspect of the game.