Sign in to follow this  
hoyaparanoia

My very first Fantasy Draft

Okay, just did my first Fantasy Football Draft last night. Its a PPR League with a roster of QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, D, and K. Its a 12 team league with 16 rounds... Here is who I ended up with:

QB: Matt Ryan, Michael Vick

RB: Matt Forte, Ryan Matthews, Jaquizz Rodgers, LaMichael James

WR: Julio Jones, Percy Harvin, D Heyward-Bey, Santana Moss, Kendall Wright, Greg Little

TE: Aaron Hernandez, Kyle Rudolph

D: Denver

K: Matt Prater

I would like to use Harvin as my flex, but who should I go with as my WR2 (Bey, Little, or Wright if Britt is out)?

For week one, I'm thinking Vick, Forte, Rodgers (Matthews will prob miss first 2 weeks), Jones, WR2?, Harvin, Hernanadez....

I wish I had another RB since Matthews will most likely be out a few games, hopefully Rodgers gets some touches early... I think if Matthews stays healthy throughout the year I can compete...What ya'll think?

Wow, for that being your first ever time drafting, I would say your already off to a great start. That is a great team. A lot of depth up and down that roster. Ryan should be your starting Qn every week. He is going to be a stud this year. keep him ni there every week. Heyaward Bey should be your third starting receiver. With Moore out, he becomes the Raiders best receiver. kepe an eye on Wright, I think he will get better as the season goes on. Good luck with your season.

Wow, for that being your first ever time drafting, I would say your already off to a great start. That is a great team. A lot of depth up and down that roster. Ryan should be your starting Qn every week. He is going to be a stud this year. keep him ni there every week. Heyaward Bey should be your third starting receiver. With Moore out, he becomes the Raiders best receiver. kepe an eye on Wright, I think he will get better as the season goes on. Good luck with your season.

Phins, doesn't Vick put up a lot of points for fantasy when he is healthy? Week one has Atl at KC and Phi at Cleve so I picked Vick due to KC being much better than Cleve on the D side... If Atl was home I would start Ryan... Also, week 2 has Atl at Den (Den is my D), so I'm not sure if I would start Ryan there either, but I agree that I will begin to start him when Atl returns home

If I were you I would look to try and deal one of your QBs (I would trade Vick because of his injury history) for either a top 20 RB/WR (I would do RB since Matthews could be out for a couple weeks). I'm sure someone in your league is lacking in the QB department and you should be able to trade Vick for a very good RB or WR. Then you can start Ryan consistently and on the bye week just pick up a backup off the waiver. Realistically you should be able to get a Michael Turner/Doug Martin type running back as long as the other owner needs a QB and has some decent RB depth. Try and target a solid number 2 running back for Vick. This trade will add depth to your RB while not really sacrificing much since you will be starting Ryan anyways.

If I were you I would look to try and deal one of your QBs (I would trade Vick because of his injury history) for either a top 20 RB/WR (I would do RB since Matthews could be out for a couple weeks). I'm sure someone in your league is lacking in the QB department and you should be able to trade Vick for a very good RB or WR. Then you can start Ryan consistently and on the bye week just pick up a backup off the waiver. Realistically you should be able to get a Michael Turner/Doug Martin type running back as long as the other owner needs a QB and has some decent RB depth. Try and target a solid number 2 running back for Vick. This trade will add depth to your RB while not really sacrificing much since you will be starting Ryan anyways.

Couldn't agree more. Vick is going to get hurt. It's just a matter of time.

Phins, doesn't Vick put up a lot of points for fantasy when he is healthy? Week one has Atl at KC and Phi at Cleve so I picked Vick due to KC being much better than Cleve on the D side... If Atl was home I would start Ryan... Also, week 2 has Atl at Den (Den is my D), so I'm not sure if I would start Ryan there either, but I agree that I will begin to start him when Atl returns home

Ryan is going to light up the Cheifs defense. Look what Russell Wilson did aganist thier first team. As for as week two goes, play another defense. Ryan should be in there every week. He is going to have a mega year. Do what u want, it's your team.