Sign in to follow this  
Patrick977

MJD For Sproles? (Trade Help - WHIR)

I drafted Rashad Jennings on Saturday prior to MJD coming back. It was mostly a just in case draft pick but also one that I did as trade bait should the MJD owner want the must-have handcuff. Well that has led to me getting a constant barrage of trade offers from that owner that I've had to fend off, and so I look to you all for advice on whether it's one I should actually consider.

12 team league, we have bonus points for scoring out of position (say RB catches a TD pass), also distance bonuses on scores

The Offer:

I get: Maurice Jones-Drew, Isaiah Pead, Mario Manningham

I give up: Darren Sproles, Miles Austin

The Teams:

Mine

QB - Drew Brees, Joe Flacco

RB - Steven Jackson, Darren Sproles, Rashad Jennings, Mikel Leshoure, Daniel Thomas

WR - Roddy White, Steve Smith, Miles Austin, Anquan Boldin

TE - Jermichael Finley, Tony Gonzalez

PK - Mason Crosby, Justin Tucker

DST - Chicago, San Diego

His

QB - Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB - Maurice Jones-Drew, Fred Jackson, Michael Turner, Jacquizz Rodgers, Jonathan Dwyer, Isaiah Pead

WR - Brandon Lloyd, DeSean Jackson, Randall Cobb, Mario Manningham

TE - Jared Cook, Dustin Keller

PK - Nate Kaeding, Greg Zuerlein

DEF - San Francisco, Carolina

I went into the draft looking to avoid MJD at all costs. This was primarily because of my concerns over the holdout. I just want to make sure that I'm not blinding myself to something good. If MJD performs like last year, it's obviously a great situation. Miles Austin is someone that I would possibly be able to insert into my lineup if he's healthy, but I drafted Roddy White and Steve Smith as every week starters. Pead would give me what appears to be Steven Jackson's primary backup.

Don't do it...

Even if you just called MJD for Sprolles a wash (which it isn't Sprolles will have more scoring plays that favor your league) Austin for Pead and Manningham is insane. That's like no value to you unless S. Jackson gets hurt. Manningham is a complementary receiver that would rot on you bench.

Again resounding N.O. from me

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=405724