Sign in to follow this  
Fresh1

A Little Start/Sit

Yo, a few starts and a few sits. And of course you won't see start Tom Brady or sit Marcel Reece for obvious reasons.

For the rest, check it out here: http://www.ffblife.com/Fantasy-Football-Start-Sit/startsit12week1.html

START

Jake Locker – TEN vs. NE: 292 yards per game. 292. Per game. That was the average total that they New England Patriots gave up through the air last season. Sure things can change over the course of a full offseason but is there some coincidence that the Packers, Patriots, Saints and Giants were the 4 teams that gave up the most passing yards per game? 4 teams that happen to all be among the top teams in the league in pass attempts? Of course there is a correlation. The Patriots throw the ball all over the field, they score points and thus get into shootouts. Conversely, their opponents are baited into a similar required strategy to repeat. Locker will get a pristine opportunity right out of the gate to test out the Titans new Run N Shoot offense they hope to excel with.

Michael Bush – CHI vs. IND: Michael Bush is not the lead dog in Chicago, and I’m sure every Matt Forte owner is starting him, but the Indy defense has not looked physical at all this preseason. I think there could be some nice rushing stats to go around and I feel pretty confident Bush will score at least one rushing touchdown. If you are playing a committee type backfield, this is a great week to play Bush, Michael this time.

Justin Blackmon – JAC @MIN: My second wide receiver rookie, but this one with the bigger name and pedigree. The Jags plan to line Blackmon up all over the field this Sunday against the Vikings, not exactly known for their pass defense. Blaine Gabbert actually showed some semblance of an NFL QB this preseason and a great early rapport with the young wide out. The end zone visits will be tough to predict all season with the Jags, but there should be targets and yards galore for Blackmon to gobble up.

SIT

Andrew Luck – IND @CHI: Everything about Luck has impressed me so far up to this point. I, like everyone else seemingly in the history of world, think he will be an absolute stud at some point soon and will probably be too good to ever need to be listed in this article. Not today. Not in his first real NFL game against the Bears, in Chicago. No thanks.

All Washington Running Backs: This is a mess. I heard the Chris Cooley story the other day (he walked up to Ryan Torain in the locker room last season before a game and said he needed Torain to do well because he was starting him that week against his wife in his fantasy league. Roy Helu went on to rush for 140+ with 2 TDS) and when a guy on the team is getting screwed over, why should any of us take a shot?

Miles Austin – DAL @NYG: Call me a worry wart but something about this guy’s hammys scares me. The last thing anybody wants week 1, or any week really, is to start a guy and expect something great, only to have him leave in the second quarter with 2 catches for 17 yards. I would feel much better seeing Miles get through a full game’s worth of action unscathed before I felt good about putting him in my starting lineup.

For the rest, check it out here: http://www.ffblife.com/Fantasy-Football-Start-Sit/startsit12week1.html

Good luck this week and welcome back football!

The New England defense is going to eat Jake Locker's lunch. I am more than happy to start their D this week. Ints and sacks everywhere.